shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Honour Woman. I do wear it pretty much year round but this time of year is when its just amazing. More tart rhubarb, more spices. In the heat/humidity of Florida summer the spices don't appear until late in the game and the rhubarb is gone in a flash.

BTW ordered the 15ml travel of Histiores de Parfums Irreverant. I really love these sized bottles as they're not terribly expensive and good for trialing perfume. Should be here next week sometime.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Van Cleef and Arpels California Reverie. Easy, pretty, jasmine.

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Parfums Del Rae Bois de Paradise. So I'm actually embarrassed to say I found an additional 50ML bottle of this in my closet:eek-2::lol-2: Being its discontinued I'm quite happy (though a little dismayed because I'm like "when did I buy this?")

Reactions: AV_

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Parfums Del Rae Bois de Paradise. So I'm actually embarrassed to say I found an additional 50ML bottle of this in my closet:eek-2::lol-2: Being its discontinued I'm quite happy (though a little dismayed because I'm like "when did I buy this?")
Lol on "when did I buy this"

I hate that Delrae is non more.. Unfortunately my two bottles of bois de paradis turned rather fast. Hope you won't have this problem!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol on "when did I buy this"

I hate that Delrae is non more.. Unfortunately my two bottles of bois de paradis turned rather fast. Hope you won't have this problem!

I sprayed it and it smells fine thankfully!
Its my belief that these are from the batch I purchased from Barney's NY when they were phased out at 75 bucks a bottle. I just didn't think I bought 2...:lol-2: I bought all of the ones they had at the time but heck, maybe they just threw me a freebie (found it in the very back of the closet in the "boxes" area.)
I did go back in that box area to see if there was anything else (there is...my goodness:roll:)
I keep some boxes, though not all and I really thought these were all empty .....

Anyway I got an email from the Caron Rep they're selling off all kinds of stuff. Tons of the fountain parfums in 500ml containers for under 200 dollars...I'm obviously overly tempted.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing Mediterrano by Carthusia. They produce on the island of Capri. This scent is citrusy and light. I totally reminds me of a European island. They all grow so much citrus and lavender

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/..._ms7OuEY4u2kC7RfRXdJ2ys68JS5xj7hoCOSIQAvD_BwE.

Heard of this house but haven't tried anything from them. This looks very interesting!!

I'm currently sitting here, covered in dots of perfume that I'm testing. Surprising I never pass out with all this on me (it actually smells pretty good together strangely enough)

The one I'm drawn to however is Histores de Parfums Irreverent. I will give this one a full wear test tomorrow:appl:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Heard of this house but haven't tried anything from them. This looks very interesting!!

I'm currently sitting here, covered in dots of perfume that I'm testing. Surprising I never pass out with all this on me (it actually smells pretty good together strangely enough)

The one I'm drawn to however is Histores de Parfums Irreverent. I will give this one a full wear test tomorrow:appl:
Ooooo. Wish phones had sniff features.

When I met DH he insisted on buying me a parfum I hadn't worn for anyone else and something that I had no attached memories to . He took me to The Perfume House in Portland,Or. That place is magical. They have everything. It gets a tad overwhelming at times but I have 3 distinct fragrances for various times of years. The Carthusia is light and summery. I also always leave with loads of samples to plot my next bottle but then end up with something I never considered before

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I wore Chanel Bois des Iles EDP. Was so sad when it became a skin scent at 4 hours but happily surprised to smell it on my wrists when I retired to bed. Could someone suggest some equally lovely sandalwood scents for the cool fall weather? Thank you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I wore Chanel Bois des Iles EDP. Was so sad when it became a skin scent at 4 hours but happily surprised to smell it on my wrists when I retired to bed. Could someone suggest some equally lovely sandalwood scents for the cool fall weather? Thank you.
I've seen poeple on Fragrantica say it smells like Samsara. I've only tried the non bee bottle and I don't see any similarities outside of the santal note.

Diptyque Tam Dao EDP. Its a totally different feel from BdI but, does have an exceptional Santal note.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I'm properly trialing Histoires de Parfums Irreverant My understanding is that its full of opposing notes, but will just give my impressions.

First, I get a very interesting sensation of pink bubblegum and pepper. Sounds gross, but its not. I do get synthetic oud with its unmistakable bandaid smell (most of them smell this way to me, only a few varieties don't), then I get lavender. This calendar is wet, almost stone like. In the notes it says bergamot is a top note might be that plus maybe oud thats causing that pink bubblegum.

The smell of bandaids recedes in about an hour on me.

Eleni , coffee (smells like cappuccino really), + something vanillary/ambery are underneath this.
while the notes above bash it out, the notes below are hanging out having a great conversation.

Every once in a while I get this really lovely mashup of spiced florals + chocolate and coffee.

Men will in general like this more than most women will though its a unisex scent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Bois d'Armenie which while I love it, maybe i should have waited to wear...lol Its not too hot but its VERY humid. this is not a humid day perfume.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Today I am testing out Hermes Eau de Merveilles. Any lovers of that one on here? My favorite is Chanel Coco, but there are times when it feels like too much. I'd like to find a little bit of a lighter more casual fragrance. So far I am enjoying it very much!

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Today I am testing out Hermes Eau de Merveilles. Any lovers of that one on here? My favorite is Chanel Coco, but there are times when it feels like too much. I'd like to find a little bit of a lighter more casual fragrance. So far I am enjoying it very much!

Oh I looove that one! It's fresh and interesting at the same time. Have you tried the "Bleue" version? Its like the original but with salty/marine notes too.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I looove that one! It's fresh and interesting at the same time. Have you tried the "Bleue" version? Its like the original but with salty/marine notes too.

I was so overwhelmed by how many choices they had at Hermes that I most likely did not try that one. I will go back and check it out though!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Lalique Encre Noir. Thats right its not just for the fellas! If you like Chanel Sycamore this is a great (and cheaper) alternative!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Vaniglia del Madagascar weather woohoo. Love the comforting combo of Madagascar vanilla, amber and lemon. It's my go to perfume when the temperatures drop...like a warm sexy hug.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Yves St. Laurent Cinema. (Old version) It was a wee bit drier and a little cooler this a.m. so it was perfect.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I received my little treasure trove of Caron. :kiss2: Not the prettieest containers (I don't care I'll take a jelly jar at this point!) but hmmmmmm smells so guuuuuuddddddd a couple of them are the newest ones under the new company, but a few are older. Une Femme de caron (older version) came as an extrait. I probably didn't need so much of it but I guess I'll never run out...lol

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tonight was wearing Slumberhouse Kiste. SO was very complimentary of the fragrance and trying to guess what it reminded him of. Have tried three scents from this house and they really agree with my chemistry.
Did anyone see that L'artisan is discontinuing 22 fragrance products. If you like Merchant Loupe or Safran Troublant, you might want to purchase a backup bottle or two.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@princessandthepear woah...thats quite a lot at once. I wonder if new IFRA regs are making them do it or just that they're not selling well.

On that note, so many perfume houses come out with multiples at a time. or a flanker of a flanker.... wish they would slow down a little...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sniffed the new Chloé les exclusifs. They are consistent with the brand's aesthetics. Mono floral notes meant to layer.... I kind of like the rose one and the magnolia one. Pretty enough. Eosz had decent lasting power. But it's not like the world desperately needed another soapy/lemony rose perfume.

The rest didn't capture my attention and especially the jasmine was super bland.

I'd happily wear magnolia in summer, but not a must smell for perfumistas IMHO

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's rainy, windy and in the 40s here today. Am wearing two dabs of Slumberhouse Norne and trying to decided if I want to purchase that or Ore when they drop this week.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari Thanks for warning us...lol
None of the perfumes from this house really held my attention much. Pretty yes but...I guess thats really it.

Today I'm wearing Guerlain Insolence EDP. Ya need to go easy on the trigger though its a big perfume (I have the older non bee bottle) My goodness 2 sprays from 8am and I can still smell it!

but you must.likelove.violets because you get LOTS of them. Its a fresh violet perfume amped up to 11...lol

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The wind died down and the sun came out today but still cool and damp. Brought out the Lys Mediterranee. It just makes me think of spring.
Think I need more white floral scents in my world. Would love some spring floral suggestions. Has anyone tried the new Labo Baie? I have never purchased from this house but the the scent profile intrigues me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results