shape
carat
color
clarity

Fox loses over over 3/4 $Billion today, but ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where's the story on Foxnews.com?

Here's the top of today's front page of their website.
Not one peep about Dominion suing Fox, and Fox settling for 787.5 millions dollars.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 7.38.50 PM.png

Surely the story must be right below the top screen.
Then I scrolled down one screen.
Still ... nothing.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 7.43.06 PM.png

How could they keep their readers in the dark.
Surely it must be here somewhere.
So I scrolled down one more screen.
Still ... nothing.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 7.45.22 PM.png

Fox should be shut down
They can't even defend themselves.
They make more money lying than telling the truth, meanwhile they are destroying American democracy.

Why not tell their readers about the leading story of the day on most news sites?
GRRRRRR! :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there a polite way to say they totally freaking suck? Horrible!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Money over all, that's the American way.
The only upside is that SmartMatic is next for 2.6 billion and then the individual shareholder suits can begin.
It should be a condition of settlement that they must publicly tell their viewers for a specified set of time during every segment that they lied, with the addition of continual chyrons. If I had my way, it would be until the next election.
FOX came into existence with the repeal of The Fairness Doctrine. Murdoch is directly to blame for this. He orchestrated it and look where it brought us, look how he's had a hand in undermining Democracy.

I'd say it's past time to update and reinstate The Fairness Doctrine and apply to all mediums.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's way down on their Media page. :roll2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All about the money! News has nothing to do with it - just give the people what they want to hear. The brainwashing continues doing its nasty work on those so willing to listen.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Money over all, that's the American way.
The only upside is that SmartMatic is next for 2.6 billion and then the individual shareholder suits can begin.
It should be a condition of settlement that they must publicly tell their viewers for a specified set of time during every segment that they lied, with the addition of continual chyrons. If I had my way, it would be until the next election.
FOX came into existence with the repeal of The Fairness Doctrine. Murdoch is directly to blame for this. He orchestrated it and look where it brought us, look how he's had a hand in undermining Democracy.

I'd say it's past time to update and reinstate The Fairness Doctrine and apply to all mediums.

As a Canadian living in America and raising an American son with my American husband, I am so sad and I feel helpless. For those more educated in law and politics, is there a real, concrete, realistic way for us to dig out of this or is there no hope?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a Canadian living in America and raising an American son with my American husband, I am so sad and I feel helpless. For those more educated in law and politics, is there a real, concrete, realistic way for us to dig out of this or is there no hope?

I always have hope. I don’t have any concrete answers for a solution though. Even if Fox went under, another would pop up. I just know from history that things can and do change. Events occur that you could never predict that can change the course of many things. Living without hope is just not something I am willing to do!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I understand why Dominion might settle - a bird on the hand is worth two in the bush, and it’ll be a lot of money to them even after their attorneys take their cut. And… the fact that they’re in the business of helping to ensure that elections are fair doesn’t give them a moral imperative to bring Fox down for the greater good. Still, it seemed like they had a strong case (Fox apparently thought so) and forcing it to go to trial might have helped to further erode Fox’s image, even in the eyes of some of their supporters.

In other words, I’m very sorry that this case didn’t go to trial.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's not a panacea on it's own but a very good start would be an updated, reinstated Fairness Doctrine. The issue would be expansion across mediums and what that would actually look like while ensuring the preservation of rights. It also needs to be removed from basic cable(where it's forcibly subsidized by Americans) as well as military bases where the lies are broadcast 24/7.

It ain't over, as they say, for FOX. SmartMatic is next and there are now several shareholder cases coming. Then Dominion and SmartMatic are going to sue individual hosts/Trump spokespeople.
Hopefully, one of those outcomes will include FOX publicly acknowledging how they use, lie and coerced into crime their viewers for profit.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Here is how FOX wants America to pay for it's Dominion loss.
Does this seem right or fair?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is how FOX wants America to pay for it's Dominion loss.
Does this seem right or fair?

No, of course not. Subscribers had nothing to do with the content decisions that Fox made to broadcast. Their desire does not surprise me though; they will pay but not take responsibility for the issue. In turn, they would have no shame in increasing costs to cover their loss.

Unfortunately, Fox viewers will never know the entire truth as it won’t be told there. True journalism simply does not exist there; it is just a preaching to the cult they have helped create.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
No, of course not. Subscribers had nothing to do with the content decisions that Fox made to broadcast. Their desire does not surprise me though; they will pay but not take responsibility for the issue. In turn, they would have no shame in increasing costs to cover their loss.

Unfortunately, Fox viewers will never know the entire truth as it won’t be told there. True journalism simply does not exist there; it is just a preaching to the cult they have helped create.

Another unfair and dangerous little tidbit is how FOX is broadcast on all of our military bases 24/7. Beau was talking about that today.
It's interesting to read the people in the comments who have served.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL you mean a news media outlet didn’t report the whole unbiased truth? Mind blown. End sarcasm.

The actual truth is only reported when it’s convenient to boost their own ratings and/or profitability. This doesn’t just apply to Fox.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They make more money lying than telling the truth, meanwhile they are destroying American democracy.
Don't care about Fox but didn't know USA was a democracy...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, also, so still rumor until filed but Carlson being out is only the beginning- there is an investor revolt happening on FOX's board with several suing(though we only know of one officially).
In other news, SmartMatic is up with 2.6 billion, they're also suing individual hosts which FOX will varying degrees of liability to cover.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
America is a Democratic Republic.
So yes, it is a Democracy(more technically a federal constitutional representative democracy).

It's a constitutional republic, the democracy is indirect, exercised through representatives and not by "mob rule".

So it's about the individual liberties and not the majority aka "mob rule".

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's a constitutional republic, the democracy is indirect, exercised through representatives and not by "mob rule".

So it's about the individual liberties and not the majority aka "mob rule".

No.
Maybe this will help. This is how it is explained when you apply and study for citizenship.
Snip:
Democracy in the United States:
The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government. Voting is one way to participate in our democracy. Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law. Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

Individual liberty is finite and cannot oppress another individual. In America, when people-many of them FOX viewers, talk about protecting their 'individual liberty' they mean they want the power to stop yours or at the expense of yours.
Majority rule is what is meant to happen, which is being thwarted by a regressive minority mob rule through desperate suppressive means as we speak.
Tides are turning though.
Addressing the toxicity and lies of FOX, the largest purveyor of this poison against our country with consequences is a hugely positive step. There's much more coming, and it's way past time.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Lachlan Murdoch just had to drop his defamation case against a small independent AU news site. Why? Because they can prove it. More consequences.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No.
Maybe this will help. This is how it is explained when you apply and study for citizenship.
Snip:
Democracy in the United States:
The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government. Voting is one way to participate in our democracy. Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law. Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

Individual liberty is finite and cannot oppress another individual. In America, when people-many of them FOX viewers, talk about protecting their 'individual liberty' they mean they want the power to stop yours or at the expense of yours.
Majority rule is what is meant to happen, which is being thwarted by a regressive minority mob rule through desperate suppressive means as we speak.
Tides are turning though.
Addressing the toxicity and lies of FOX, the largest purveyor of this poison against our country with consequences is a hugely positive step. There's much more coming, and it's way past time.

No, it's both a republic and a democracy but it's not a direct democracy.
"A direct democracy has no elected officials and no constitution"

I think we're both saying the same thing tbh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results