shape
carat
color
clarity

Four Police Officers Killed in Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure most of you have seen the news -- two were shot in the course of a routine traffic stop, two others in the ensuing manhunt. Their killer, a parolee, was shot and killed. Three officers have died and the fourth is on life support pending organ donation decisions. All four -- Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40; Sgt. Ervin Romans, 43; and Sgt. Daniel Sakai, 35 -- were under 45 years old.

My heart goes out to these officers and their families, and to the City of Oakland.

And SDL, I''m sure this hit you especially hard -- ((( hugs ))).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, that''s just horrible. My thoughts go out to their families and friends. And a HUG to SDL. So very sorry.
15.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Unbelievable. Awful.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Terrible. My heart goes out to the family and friends of these men.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh this is just awful...prayers outgoing to friends and family and to you too SDL!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just terrible... I will never understand people who do things like this!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I saw this and was just horrified. Just horrible news.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
My heart goes out the the families of these brave men.

My Dad was a police officer for over thirty years before he retired, and I remember everytime a police officer was injured, hearing about it and my heart stopping- wondering if it was him
8.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I heard about this - my heart and prayers go out to the officers'' families and friends. I am sure the community will pull together to help support them at this incredibly difficult time. How horrible.
39.gif
15.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I heard and I think it''s so sad. I live over the bridge from Oakland in San Francisco. One thing that really makes me angry is that last night while the local news was covering the story in the neighborhood that the shooting took place, people were yelling profanities about the police out their car windows. Some people can be so horrible! Oakland has some serious issues.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So incredibly sad.
7.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with their families.

Added: I did not hear about this and it makes me very sad to see emergency service personnel killed and injured on duty. I know that some may not like what it is that they are paid to do, and may not like how they perform their duties but I would like everybody to know that it is just a job. These people want to go home at the end of their shift, they are not faceless nobodies. And they are loved by many...their SO''s, children and family...who will never see them again. All for a pay check (Ignoring the greater necessity for order and civility).

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I love Oakland and lived there for 10 years. It''s a great city and it''s heartbreaking to read about things like this happening there.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really sad. Sending prayers to their families.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
So very sad. My heart goes out to their family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results