shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the setting... Need the center piece...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dboy10

Rough_Rock
I have found the setting of her dreams now I need to find the perfect diamond (for my budget of course!) I''m a long time lurker so I''m pretty familiar with a few things. I was wondering if you guys can help. First the setting is the Danhov ME29, it comes in platinum and white gold. Haven''t quite decided which to go with yet but for the small price difference I might go ahead with platinum.

Here''s the link: http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-1713.asp

Including everything I have $5,000 budget. ( I can stretch it few hundred for the most ideal diamond
31.gif
) The diamond doesn''t have to be large since 1) it''s a halo and 2) she''s fairly petite (size 4) and doesn''t need/want anything too over bearing. Looking for the very best performance and I assume that''s via the very best cut, eye clean, and color I don''t think will matter. According to what I''ve been reading the right cut will make the diamond face of bigger and brighter... she''s also beautifully chocolate
18.gif
so I believe her skin would be of some assistance via contrast... could be wrong though.

Could you guys help? Know any search secrets?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

adak

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 10:44:13 PM
Author:dboy10
I have found the setting of her dreams now I need to find the perfect diamond (for my budget of course!) I''m a long time lurker so I''m pretty familiar with a few things. I was wondering if you guys can help. First the setting is the Danhov ME29, it comes in platinum and white gold. Haven''t quite decided which to go with yet but for the small price difference I might go ahead with platinum.

Here''s the link: http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-1713.asp

Including everything I have $5,000 budget. ( I can stretch it few hundred for the most ideal diamond
31.gif
) The diamond doesn''t have to be large since 1) it''s a halo and 2) she''s fairly petite (size 4) and doesn''t need/want anything too over bearing. Looking for the very best performance and I assume that''s via the very best cut, eye clean, and color I don''t think will matter. According to what I''ve been reading the right cut will make the diamond face of bigger and brighter... she''s also beautifully chocolate
18.gif
so I believe her skin would be of some assistance via contrast... could be wrong though.

Could you guys help? Know any search secrets?

My boyfriend and I recently ordered the exact same setting! Although I haven''t seen it in person yet, great choice!
36.gif

dboy10

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:10:27 PM
Author: redrose229
With the 5% discount this one is in budget as well, just need to make sure its eyeclean!

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1213134.asp

and another http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-283255.htm

Wow you guys are awesome... These all look pretty good. Believe it or not I live in Houston which is where Whiteflash is located so I think I will set an appointment with them tomorrow to go check that one out. I would prefer to order both the ring and the diamond from the same vendor for simplicity but the assurance of actually seeing the diamond maybe worth the extra. The extra will probably take me over budget seeing as though I will have to pay sales tax if I go with Whiteflash then I''m sure there will be some sort of setting fee James Allen will charge a long with shipping. We''ll see.

Thanks a lot... If anyone else is finding good deals keep em coming!
16.gif

dboy10

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I recently ordered the exact same setting! Although I haven''t seen it in person yet, great choice!
36.gif

Glad to see I have good taste!
16.gif
Did you also purchase your diamond there as well? What size did you go with?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous setting
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

adak

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 12:56:13 AM
Author: dboy10
36.gif

16.gif

We went with a 0.80 from James Allen. This thread actually has pictures of the ring with a 0.88. Can''t wait to see how your''s turns out!

dboy10

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 12:34:21 PM
Author: adak

Date: 3/19/2009 12:56:13 AM

36.gif

16.gif

We went with a 0.80 from James Allen. This thread actually has pictures of the ring with a 0.88. Can''t wait to see how your''s turns out!
Awesome... so when do you expect it to be in? Could you post some pictures when you have it!?

dboy10

Rough_Rock
I''ve been emailing back in forth with Whiteflash about this stone: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-283255.htm I''ve gotten word back that it is eye clean from 8-10 inches and that there''s a small inclusion you can see from about 3 inches but it can be covered up by a prong... The problem is that they probably won''t be the ones setting the stone...

What do you guys think about this stone? Should I go take a look at or should I save the extra money and just go with a one from James Allen?
33.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really your call and about your comfort. If it were me, I might give JA a call and see if any of the stones you liked at the same price range as the WF diamond were COMPLETELY eyeclean. While prongable inclusions are fine, if for the same price you can get one without any visible inclusions face up, that would personally be more "Mindclean."

dboy10

Rough_Rock
Yeah I''m going to go ahead and run up to Whiteflash tomorrow and take a look at their stones. I may be able to get a deal on the stone and a custom setting. I might as well explore all my options, I will definitely keep everybody posted as my journey continues.

I''m told this one is completely eye clean... http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1982394.htm#

What do you guys think about this one?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 5:10:05 PM
Yeah I''m going to go ahead and run up to Whiteflash tomorrow and take a look at their stones. I may be able to get a deal on the stone and a custom setting. I might as well explore all my options, I will definitely keep everybody posted as my journey continues.

I''m told this one is completely eye clean... http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1982394.htm#

What do you guys think about this one?

That stone is yummy
18.gif
! If you can afford to go the custom route (I''m dont think you can get the same setting in platinum done by WF for the same amount of $$$) but if you can I''d say go that route. If not, have JA ship the setting to WF and WF will set the stone in the setting for you (I believe). I think it looks yummy!
I live in Houston too and have been to WF. Great company!

dboy10

Rough_Rock
I went to Whiteflash headquarters yesterday and met with their VP. His name is Bryan and he was a huge help. He sat with me one on one for about an hour showing me everything and answering all my questions, he was very patient. I was able to see the diamond I was telling you guys about, the .823 I SI1 ACA, and it was gorgeous. It looked good in all the different light sources that I could find. I also got to look and compare their expert selection to the ACA and they BOTH are great sets of diamonds... Don''t think I would be able to tell much of a difference if I wasn''t scrutinizing them side by side.

It looks like I''ll be going with the ACA though, that thing just danced for me the whole time I was there. (it could all be in my head though) I like the size of .823 and even think it might be too big seeing as though it will have a halo around it and she''s a ring size 4. I doubt she would object to extensive finger coverage though
2.gif
. I might go back in at look at other sizes but for now, she''s the one.

Even better news: they will be able to make me a custom piece in platinum and keep me under budget which I am EXCITED about. Taxes may take me a wee bit over but they said they will work to keep me within!
36.gif
I should have a rendering of what the piece will look like within a week or so to make my final decision. I''ll be sure to post pictures and document the process if you guys would like that. You''ve been such a huge help to me and I don''t have enough in my budget to pay you so that''s the least I could do!!!
2.gif
Thanks again!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
HOW EXCITING! That''s a magnificent stone and Whiteflash''s custom work is incredibly precise. Congratulations on finding the stone and please post pictures!
36.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 12:16:02 PM
I went to Whiteflash headquarters yesterday and met with their VP. His name is Bryan and he was a huge help. He sat with me one on one for about an hour showing me everything and answering all my questions, he was very patient. I was able to see the diamond I was telling you guys about, the .823 I SI1 ACA, and it was gorgeous. It looked good in all the different light sources that I could find. I also got to look and compare their expert selection to the ACA and they BOTH are great sets of diamonds... Don''t think I would be able to tell much of a difference if I wasn''t scrutinizing them side by side.

It looks like I''ll be going with the ACA though, that thing just danced for me the whole time I was there. (it could all be in my head though) I like the size of .823 and even think it might be too big seeing as though it will have a halo around it and she''s a ring size 4. I doubt she would object to extensive finger coverage though
2.gif
. I might go back in at look at other sizes but for now, she''s the one.

Even better news: they will be able to make me a custom piece in platinum and keep me under budget which I am EXCITED about. Taxes may take me a wee bit over but they said they will work to keep me within!
36.gif
I should have a rendering of what the piece will look like within a week or so to make my final decision. I''ll be sure to post pictures and document the process if you guys would like that. You''ve been such a huge help to me and I don''t have enough in my budget to pay you so that''s the least I could do!!!
2.gif
Thanks again!!!

YAY!
36.gif

I have a .85 cushette stone, and its a great size on my 4 finger! I sometimes wish I did the halo though!

YAY!

Cant wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results