shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my Tranny, need help from Aussies gettimg her please..

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Well last night whilst looking around the net came across a tranny for sale on an etsy site in usa. I put in an offer and it was accepted eeekķkkk. Now the seller uses USPS priority international mail with signature required. Does she fill in the AUSTFA customs forms or do I? When do i pay the %10 gst, when the ring arrives? How much are the handling fees and custom fees does anyone know please? Also what is the best way to pay for the ring?
Now onto looking at settings. ..how exciting. Yippee

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Found my Tranny, need help from Aussies gettimg her plea

Wonderful news Shelley!!! I think the seller fills out the forms and once it hits our shore you'll be notified to pay any of the taxes prior to receiving her. Pics and specs please!!!!

Shelley9

Rough_Rock

Thanks Lauren I was stunned to see it just sitting there. A good buy i hope. I read on here somewhere about an agencg that does the money transactions for you, cheaper rates than the bank,,thought i bookmarked it but i didn't. Do you know anything about it?
Hey when does your lovely diamond get to you.. have you picked out a setting yet?
:appl:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Good morning,
If you can do a good old bank transfer from your savings account to theirs. This will save you adding a further 3-4% onto the diamond cost if you pay via credit card. Even visa debit cards that take the money from your savings STILL charge this 3-4%. The seller should easily provide you with their bank details and if you're unsure get your bank to do the transfer for you..... They'll charge a little more than the $20 or so fee you get charged doing it via your internet banking, but it means you don't have to stress.

Have you got a link to your new diamond? I'm sure it's gorgeous!!

My pear is almost on its way, I'm having it set in a halo I'm fairly certain.... It's really sooo hard to decide! You??

mcosme

Shiny_Rock

If paying by wire, I would suggest using currency fair or ofx rather than your bank. The rates are much better.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Fellow Aussie here!!

If paying by wire transfer, then I've used orbit remit in the past with minimal transaction fees and decent rates. I think the fee is like $5.... I've used them to pay both Brian Gavin and Diamonds by Lauren with no issues!

Just keep in mind though that wire doesn't have the same protection as PayPal etc though that of course depends on whether they are formally invoicing you or it's a friends and family transfer!

Congratz on finding your stone!

Shelley9

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone. I'm just waiting on DH to return from a 3week fishing trip to announce to him my surprise purchase lol.. he works in the bank so here's hoping he doesn't have to pay as higher transfer fee. Is USPS the best service to use?
:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results