shape
carat
color
clarity

Found my cushion, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shenobie

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Ok so, I think I''ve found my stone. Its a 1.26 ct cushion cut from Mark T. at ERD. I am having the stone set by Henri David at a store called Halloween in Philly... but im not sure what to do next. here are my questions:

* What should I do before having the stone set?
* The stone comes with an independent appraisal and is gia certified, but should I get the stone re-appraised locally before its set?
* Should I get the loose diamond insured? I''m sort of lost here and not sure what do to. My main concern is what I would do if the stone is somehow chipped or damaged when being set (Henri David is an excellent jeweler so I doubt that will happen).

Help!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Shenobie- it''s really your decision re: getting the stone appraised before setting. Dave Atlas is well-known and respected here, and is on Philadelphia''s jeweler''s row.

And more importantly, I am really curious about this Halloween store!! I hadn''t heard of it before, so I did a quick search and realized it''s literally a few blocks from where I live. I wonder how I missed it all of this time!! And they have some rave reviews on citysearch too! How did you find out about the store? Were they recommended to you? What kind of setting are you having created? Does he have a website?

Oh, and about the insurance- ask Henri David. They probably have insurance that would cover the stone during setting, but obviously it''s best to ask and he sure.

Shenobie

Rough_Rock

Hi Icekid!

I actually found Halloween from Citysearch. I fell in love with the place because it''s like nothing I''ve seen before. There is no sign on the outside - it looks like a normal townhouse, but there is a small orange business card in the window. When you walk in, it looks like a beautiful haunted house, with gargoyles and sparkles. The owner went through the specifics of what I wanted and took the time to find 5 or 6 cushions for me, but I didn''t fall in love with any of them (although they were beautiful!) While I was there, an ecstatic woman came in to thank him for making her engagement ring, so i know he makes good stuff. I recommend that if you''re close by, go check the place out. It is interesting :)

As for me, I''m going with a tapered baguette setting but have not decided what to do with the prongs. I''m sure he''ll have some ideas. Thanks for the advice!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results