shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a good cushion finally, but still some hesitations...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Here is the details:

1.62 carat
7.47x6.69x4.56
H-VVS2
Polish: ex
Symmetry: ex
no fl
cut: ???
cushion brilliant

I and my bf saw this stone and it looked very beautiful to me. But my bf wants to go bigger in size with the same quality aspects; ex-ex, high color grade. With limited budget max $14,000-$15,000; shall we keep looking or is this one we found a really good one?

Second question is, how do we identify the cut grade? GIA report doesn't show it.

Happy New Year!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures are essential in choosing any fancy shape diamond. Can you post pictures?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 6:37:07 PM
Author:Ladyoflovers
Here is the details:

1.62 carat
7.47x6.69x4.56
H-VVS2
Polish: ex
Symmetry: ex
no fl
cut: ???
cushion brilliant

I and my bf saw this stone and it looked very beautiful to me. But my bf wants to go bigger in size with the same quality aspects; ex-ex, high color grade. With limited budget max $14,000-$15,000; shall we keep looking or is this one we found a really good one?

Second question is, how do we identify the cut grade? GIA report doesn''t show it.

Happy New Year!
that''s nice of your bf to want to go up in size but its your finger and if you *love* this stone - is it THE ONE? Is it singing to you? The clarity on this stone is very high, you could drop that if you want to.... what are the table and depth for this? do you know the crown height? do you know the cut type it has?

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
no, i don''t have the pictures unfortunately, i don''t have the stone, either. it is cushion brilliant; not the modified one. table is 55% and depth is 68%. i don''t think i know what crown height is but on the GIA it says medium to slightly thick.

it was very bright stone, lots of lights and i do actually love it. the interesting part is i didn''t run into that many ex-ex cuts for cushion brilliants. and i have seen bigger carat weight stones with smaller dimensions of this one. this rock is although lighter in weight, it is as big as 1.7-1.8 carat at least. my bf has been following the topics on pricescope and he saw the cushions 2.5 c or 3 carats, and he was so amazed. But again, budget is limited.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 8:40:34 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
no, i don''t have the pictures unfortunately, i don''t have the stone, either. it is cushion brilliant; not the modified one. table is 55% and depth is 68%. i don''t think i know what crown height is but on the GIA it says medium to slightly thick.

it was very bright stone, lots of lights and i do actually love it. the interesting part is i didn''t run into that many ex-ex cuts for cushion brilliants. and i have seen bigger carat weight stones with smaller dimensions of this one. this rock is although lighter in weight, it is as big as 1.7-1.8 carat at least. my bf has been following the topics on pricescope and he saw the cushions 2.5 c or 3 carats, and he was so amazed. But again, budget is limited.
the med/sl thk is for the girdle - the crown height is how high it is from the girdle to the table.... this info is usually easier to come by in cushions than crown angles etc. and can be helpful in knowing how that 68% depth is alocated. IMO 55/68 sounds really good and the girdle is good - no clue what GIA means bby cush brilliant since I''ve seen this kinda all over the place. My guess is that it has 8 mains but that''s a guess lol how they''re arranged could still be up in the air lol!! If you love it though - that''s all that matters :)

you can find larger cushions for the same $ but its getting harder. In the not too distant past they were relatively cheaper to other cuts and you could find them as such but the cushion demand is increasing I think and they''re getting away with higher prices. I can''t even *find* the deal I got just a few months ago... in fact I can''t find it for even close.

If you love it, run with it... that''s all that matters. I wasn''t looking for a round and I wasn''t prepared to drop 30+k on a stone... but there was one that *sung* to me that I''ll never forget.... it was beautiful :) My stone definitely sings but it''s a jazzy scat LOL I know long term I''ll be happier with this one because it always surprises me and changes mood without skipping a beat.... the other song was beautiful but its melody didn''t change much....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results