shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a band inside our home!

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
This morning I was cleaning out old papers that had been stored In a cardboard box and I found this band. We asked our families if it was theirs - it is no ones; it is a mystery! I am entirely unsure what to do with it. It fits my right middle finger, so it’s not a possible stacker... the timing is super odd, since we are looking at bands right now for our wedding. I wish something like this could happen with a money tree now as well! :lol:

It is 10K white gold (based on the inscription inside the band) and has 12 diamonds channel set in it. It is thicker at the top and tapers toward the bottom. It is quite dirty, although I attempted a clean with my ultrasonic cleaner. Any idea who sells something like this? Also, are these initials, or does this mean something?

thanks all! BAF23178-9678-45FB-9D80-C298B438AB3E.jpeg 2B0D34FD-4501-47D4-B247-A99F0614A45C.jpeg 26E68593-4898-4011-B434-337A631137AB.jpeg 6E244395-36EC-4CF1-983F-64DC8410F71A.jpeg 0BC3BA76-3BE6-4A04-AB75-014434A5282D.jpeg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hysterically, I found a near exact replica of this ring in my house while doing renovation about 2 years ago! My house is 103 years old (the ring definitely is NOT, though) so several families have lived here over the years. Mine is too big for me too. I have thought about listing on LT as my daughter has tiny fingers, and I don't care for the channel set (reminds me of my 1st marriage ring). Here's hoping we both find money trees soon!

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
Hysterically, I found a near exact replica of this ring in my house while doing renovation about 2 years ago! My house is 103 years old (the ring definitely is NOT, though) so several families have lived here over the years. Mine is too big for me too. I have thought about listing on LT as my daughter has tiny fingers, and I don't care for the channel set (reminds me of my 1st marriage ring). Here's hoping we both find money trees soon!

That is crazy!! Ours is 91 years old, but the ring clearly isn’t! So very strange!!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

Would you consider contacting previous owners to see if it belonged to them? You could ask them if they've lost a ring and to describe it. They might have been looking for it and if so, would love to have it back if there was any sentimental value attached to it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today a diamond ring, tomorrow the money tree :appl:
Its a very nice ring
I'd wear it

my mum lived in our family home for at least 40 years
twice we have had new owners contact us regarding things they found
Nothing valuable but for all they knew it could have been sentimental family stuff

How easy is it for you to contact the last owners ?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider contacting previous owners to see if it belonged to them? You could ask them if they've lost a ring and to describe it. They might have been looking for it and if so, would love to have it back if there was any sentimental value attached to it!

I messaged the lady I bought the house from in 2014 and she said it wasn't hers. My house was completely remodeled in 1994 and she thought it would have had to be theirs. She doesn't know who lived here then, and I haven't put forward the effort to research. I guess I should, but honestly forgot about it til I saw this thread.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I messaged the lady I bought the house from in 2014 and she said it wasn't hers. My house was completely remodeled in 1994 and she thought it would have had to be theirs. She doesn't know who lived here then, and I haven't put forward the effort to research. I guess I should, but honestly forgot about it til I saw this thread.

Don't feel guilty
You did try

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
The home only had one lady ever here before us, and she passed unfortunately!

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
It IS weird it was in my box of papers because that box only came to this house (from my mothers attic) last year. And it has lived in our master bedroom closet until I decided to go through it today while looking for papers from a decade ago regarding a medical procedure I had. So weird.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results