shape
carat
color
clarity

Formal dress needed for Bahamas in January... color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Have to go to a business convention at Atlantis Resort in January. There is 1 night I will need a long formal gown.
In the past at this event, I have almost always worn black. But geez, this is the Bahamas, so I thought why not
try for a little color.
Question: Since it is January, would a dress that looks summery be wrong? I found one on Bluefly that was just
sorta ok, a coral color. But I''m going to keep looking.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a blue, maybe a semi deep but not navy or midnight would be so gorgeous...and do silver or gold shoes and bag...how pretty would that be? Elegant and in keeping with the locale without compromising what you like. The coral could be stunning too, with gold accessories...I love that look.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think some color would certainly be in order and a nice jewel toned green or deep rose would be lovely.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2026450525&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1213&N=1123+4294967270&Ne=10&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

This was the one I was looking at - I''m 51, but certainly try to avoid "looking it!"
But this is a business event, so I need to cover up a bit. I would like to be comfortable,
so that means wearing a normal bra (hopefully). I hate it when a dress dictates a search for a bra.

Thanks Kimberly, I was about to search Nordstroms when I saw your post.
I am going to keep looking, the one above is by no means it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are some terrific options Kimberly! You are showing off your professional shopping skills again!!! Ann I am also 51 and I think any of the ones Kimberly posted would be good choices.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I really like all the ones that Kimberly posted but I have one question for you, Ann. What is your coloring like? I think that is the most important thing when choosing a dress color.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ann,

I think the dress you found is so pretty, but if you don''t love it than that''s not it.

Allison, good question! I should have asked before picking out dresses.

Please share what you choose with us!!

I love the Mary L Cotoure dress, it''s my favorite of those that I posted.

Sundial, my personal wardrobe is a disaster, but I am great at choosing clothes for other people!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Me and my daughter, my favorite color is coral during the summer, but in the winter, it's ivory, red or black.
My posture is awful in that picture, but you can see my coloring and size.

austinShowhouses 003PS.JPG

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:30:40 PM
Author: Ann
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2026450525&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1213&N=1123+4294967270&Ne=10&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

This was the one I was looking at - I''m 51, but certainly try to avoid ''looking it!''
But this is a business event, so I need to cover up a bit. I would like to be comfortable,
so that means wearing a normal bra (hopefully). I hate it when a dress dictates a search for a bra.

Thanks Kimberly, I was about to search Nordstroms when I saw your post.
I am going to keep looking, the one above is by no means it.

well it appears that you don''t have to try too hard!!! you don''t look anything like 50. seriously!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you look great. You would look great in anything.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. It is tough getting older in today''s world where us older ladies are thrown out to pasture so early !!!
Is it just me getting older or is it the manufacturers that are ignoring women of a certain age. It is so hard to find clothing that is current, stylish and has some snap, but is age appropriate for me.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 5:02:56 PM
Author: Ann
Thanks for the kind words. It is tough getting older in today''s world where us older ladies are thrown out to pasture so early !!!
Is it just me getting older or is it the manufacturers that are ignoring women of a certain age. It is so hard to find clothing that is current, stylish and has some snap, but is age appropriate for me.
I hear where you are coming from Ann! You look great though and I still think a deep rose or jewel tone would look terrific on you.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Bluefly has 20% off their dresses, so I ordered the pink/orange number and a black one. I will go to Nordstroms soon and check out KimberlyH''s selections and whatever else they have. It is going to be tough because everything that is in the stores now is wintery looking, not good for the Bahamas. Something will turn up. Or I''ll just wear what I have - black!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ann,

You are one hot mama! Can''t wait to see what you end up selecting.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:39:54 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Ann,

You are one hot mama! Can't wait to see what you end up selecting.
Ann, I agree. I am not one to say something just to flatter, but it really did take me a second to figure out which one of you was the daughter.

ETA: your daughter is gorgeous as well!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I rec''d the coral dress from Bluefly - uck!!

Cheap, thin and had 2 triangles for the boobs. Won''t work with my D''s!
It looks nothing like the picture. This is a good lesson, no more dress shopping on the net.
So after the holidays, I''ll hit the stores for something besides black!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sorry your net shopping left you frustrated and empty handed. Still can''t wait to see what you eventually end up with!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results