shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who've upgraded, how did you handle it @ work?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry about it at all, Lily. I know on this forum we are all obsessed with diamonds and jewellery and our eyes are instantly drawn to anything that sparkles (I think it's a reflex :), but I`d be surprised if many people at your work actually noticed. When I got my upgrade, I just started getting lots more compliments, but that's about it. Also, because I didn't have my ring for few weeks, I said it was getting cleaned/checked. I didn't say anything about an upgrade and really only my best friend and my family know about it. I guess the remainder of coworkers just presumed I had it 'cleaned' and suddenly it sparkled like crazy :) They didn't even notice I went from a princess to a round... lol So enjoy your upgrade and don't let others stop the fun! I can't wait to see the pics! (you do have to post them, you know that, right? ;)) )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about it. Most people probably won't even notice it or care. Just enjoy your upgrade, politely answer questions and show it off when someone does show interest in your new treasure.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Don't do what I did...wear it proud, and act normal.
I have to admit when I upgraded last year (amidst a really bad economy), I hid in my office for a while.... I even felt self conscious enough to put my left hand under my desk when someone came in to my office. But after about a month of "hiding" at work, but being myself everywhere else, I kind of just forgot about it. Eventually everyone found out about it when a loud mouth co-worker shouted it out from the rooftops at a group lunch. She was sitting across from me and said "OMG! Let me see that huge rock of yours, how come I never noticed it before?' Then everyone oohed and aahed over it for a while, made jokes about how it's weighing my hand down...then promptly forgot when a girl at our workplace came in with a 4 ct engagement ring a few weeks later.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
jaysonsmom|1313818441|2994854 said:
Don't do what I did...wear it proud, and act normal.
I have to admit when I upgraded last year (amidst a really bad economy), I hid in my office for a while.... I even felt self conscious enough to put my left hand under my desk when someone came in to my office. But after about a month of "hiding" at work, but being myself everywhere else, I kind of just forgot about it. Eventually everyone found out about it when a loud mouth co-worker shouted it out from the rooftops at a group lunch. She was sitting across from me and said "OMG! Let me see that huge rock of yours, how come I never noticed it before?' Then everyone oohed and aahed over it for a while, made jokes about how it's weighing my hand down...then promptly forgot when a girl at our workplace came in with a 4 ct engagement ring a few weeks later.

Thank you for the great advice! I think your experience really makes me realize how terribly non-existent my news will seem to them after any initial (if any!) hoopla! I like it that way. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results