shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who are divorced (or divorcing)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:09:01 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I was glad to remove the wedding/engagement rings at the end of my first marriage. I did however, purchase a non wedding-y looking ring that I wore later.

I think this is what I will do. A ring that I choose for me that has special meaning to me.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I have to echo Sparkly Blonde. Turn it into something celebratory just for you! Get a celebration ring if your finger feels naked. Just because you''re single doesn''t mean you have to be deprived of bling or a nice ring on that finger. It must feel weird not to wear a ring on that finger, so I would get an awesome blingy celebration ring. And when you are ready or meet someone new who is special, wear it on your right hand! And take pics for us!
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Maisie,

What about a starlight/scattered band with two or three of each child's birthstone? You have five kids, right? That's 10/15 stones. Perfect!
1.gif

(I think the photo is from Etienne Perret's website.)

scatteredbandmaisie.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
EB, those rings are sooo yummy and happy! They just exude happiness! Nice find!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I quit wearing my rings long before he moved out. I did wear the diamond on my right ring finger as it was a ring that my gramma gave me (she''d had a broken engagement) that I wore on my ring finger left hand with my wedding ring (my ex was too poor to give me a ring).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:20:35 PM
Author: E B
Maisie,

What about a starlight/scattered band with two or three of each child''s birthstone? You have five kids, right? That''s 10/15 stones. Perfect!
1.gif

(I think the photo is from Etienne Perret''s website.)

I like that idea!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
My parents got divorced less than two years ago and my mom stopped right away. But I did buy her a ring that had three diamonds (little, teeny, tiny) in it for her three children and if I am not mistaken that takes the place of her e-ring.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/24/2010 7:22:17 AM
Author:Maisie
Do you still wear a wedding ring? Did you take it straight off once you decided to divorce? I feel odd without a wedding ring on as I have children. I know there are many single parents out there and it shouldn''t affect me what people think. Should I see my bare finger as liberating? This is all very odd.
1.gif
I think that I stopped wearing mine when I was seperated. It has been 2 years since we have been divorced but I still have these little panic moments where I look down and think I have lost my rings..Weird, right?

LOL, but then again,I also can''t find my keys when they are in my hand or my sunglasses when they are on my head so...
9.gif

I think it totally depends on what you feel. If you feel like you need it on for some time to heal and deal, wear it. Or switch it to your right hand if you are not ready to be completely without it. IMO, flaunt that bare finger, the world is your oyster and better, happier times await you!

36.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
When my first husband and I were separated I had a very hard time removing my rings--I didn''t want the divorce. Ultimately I removed my rings and bought an antique amythest and opal ring to wear. I''m embarassed to say it took me about a year to be able to admit things were over and it was time to move on.

ps--married the greatest man in the world three years later!!! {and now have about 7 rings to alternate so I don''t get bored!}

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest Maisie,

I divorced eight years ago. The night that we agreed that we''re getting a divorce and while i was still under the same roof with him, i took off the rings and gave them back to him. I didn''t lose a heartbeat over this. I had been wearing my rings day and night for three years and it felt awkward not to wear them any more, but at the same time so liberating...As if i had taken him off my life as i took the rings off my finger...I was frustrated with all the hell that i had been through during the marriage and i couldn''t conceive wearing the rings that reminded me of him any more, since we were divorcing...
The fact that i had a child didn''t influence at all the way i felt about the rings...
When i moved out of there and in my new home, which happened approximately a month after that, i went ring shopping!!
30.gif
I got a ring from the nomination line, with my initial on. Every time i looked down, i felt that i only belong to myself and i''m an independant and strong woman, who''s starting her life over...I was so happy...Sometimes i was crying from happiness...
Get a new ring for yourself and wear it proudly!!
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 6:12:34 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 2/24/2010 4:28:13 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
I couldn''t take mine off fast enough! Also, I sold my wedding band and my e-ring setting as soon as possible. I had the diamond removed from the setting before I sold the setting, with the thought that maybe I''d have it set as a pendant or something. But, I''m realizing that I really don''t want to wear that stone at all, so I''m looking for a good way to get rid of it.
14.gif

You can give it to me
9.gif
Maisie, my dear, you are VERY welcome to it!
9.gif

I''m afraid you''d be disappointed, though . . . it''s a modestly-sized oval (about 1/3 to 1/2 carat) and the quality isn''t great. It''s not bad . . . but not great. I don''t think there are any obvious inclusions, but I don''t think the cut is anything spectacular. It came from a maul store.
20.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 6:20:35 PM
Author: E B
Maisie,

What about a starlight/scattered band with two or three of each child''s birthstone? You have five kids, right? That''s 10/15 stones. Perfect!
1.gif

(I think the photo is from Etienne Perret''s website.)
Ohhh, these are BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the starlight bands!!!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
EB I love those rings you posted! I think thats what I will go with! I wonder how much they cost, or whether custom might be the way forward.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really appreciate everyone posting their experiences. I am using my sons iPod to write this so please accept my apologies for not responding to each person. I am getting confused typing in such a little box! Thank you for taking the time to share
1.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maisie

I wasn''t married but engaged and with my ex for 10 years before we split and I moved out our home. I wore my e-ring on my right hand for a number of years and I only sold the ring 2 years ago even tho I''ve been happily married for 6 years and with my DH for over 8. I can''t say why I did this, it just felt right until it felt wrong, if that makes any sense.

Lots of people will give you advice based on their experiences but all I can say is do what feels right and when you don''t question it anymore. If you still want to wear your rings on your left hand, then do it without feeling that you ''should'' remove them because of what others may think. You''ll waken up one morning and decide that you''re not going to wear them anymore and that''s when you know you''re on the road to being healed.

In the meantime, enjoy your diamonds.

Po
x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results