shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you who sleep with your studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Borrowing from the other thread (and I loved that title!)

For those of you who sleep with your studs (earrings that it :) )

What size are the studs?

AND what type of backs do they have? Screw backs, friction backs etc?

Do you think sleeping in lapousette platinum backs would loosen or weaken the backs?

I saw some people posting about being poked by the long earring backs. I must have fat lobes because I have never had earring posts be too long!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep with .46ctw. and .47ctw. studs that have lapousette backs. I can''t imagine that sleeping in them (head on a nice soft pillow etc.) would be enough to weaken or loosen them. It hasn''t happened to me but I have white gold not platinum. Maybe someone else will chime in.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
I also have la pousette backings. Mine are in platinum and I''ve been sleeping with my earrings on for a few years now. Never had a problem. My stones are .76 and .733 cts.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 12:14:54 AM
Author:asscherisme
Borrowing from the other thread (and I loved that title!)

For those of you who sleep with your studs (earrings that it :) )

What size are the studs?

AND what type of backs do they have? Screw backs, friction backs etc?

Do you think sleeping in lapousette platinum backs would loosen or weaken the backs?

I saw some people posting about being poked by the long earring backs. I must have fat lobes because I have never had earring posts be too long!
Nah - my earlobes aren''t that fat but my posts aren''t that long either... mine are 1/2c tw, so not very big... but they are VERY comfortable. I''d take a picture, but I''m sure they''re totally gross :mad: LOL! They have regular cheap backs and I''ve only had one pull off once in the last oh 6? years since I got them. I think posts come in more than one length.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I have approx .75 in each ear in 14k yellow gold and have been wearing them almost 24/7 for about 8 years with no problems. The posts aren''t too long, but then maybe my lobes are a bit puffy. I have the la pousette backs (just learned what they were called! thanks!) and I have actually had to replace them once because the springs wore out.... they wouldn''t lock anymore. My jeweler did it for free and actually gave me another set too because I''m clumsy and tend to drop things and he didn''t want me to not be able to wear them if I lost a back in a hurry!
2.gif

Petunia

Rough_Rock
I have .75 in each ear with white gold screw back posts. I''ve been wearing (and sleeping) with earrings (posts) in my ears for MANY, MANY years so I don''t find them completely uncomfortable to sleep in. These are the largest earrings thus far and I will acknowledge that it took a few days to become acclimated to sleeping with them. The main reason for sleeping with them is to prevent them from being misplaced, which occurs often for me
39.gif

Helen

lili

Ideal_Rock
I wear my stuf earrings 24/7 for as long as I can remember.
They don't bother me at all when I sleep.
Perhaps it is because my earrings are not that big.
They are 0.80 ctw princess cuts with push backs.
I have pretty flimsy earlobes, so the posts need to be short and thin (3/8" long and 1 mm thick).

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Mine are 2.35 ctw with screw back posts that are each 3/8 inch long. They don''t poke me at all when I''m sleeping. I have decided to keep them in all the time--cause if I don''t I WILL lose them! It''s funny that these do not poke me, but I can''t sleep with anything in the other holes bc it really hurts. I know I''ve told y''all, but I get the other holes closed up Tuesday--I''m scare to death but excited.

earring post for ps.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo, I''m having too much fun here. I just discovered how to compress photos instead of my old way of resizing and cropping. It''s just another angle.

earside.JPG

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
I was fine sleeping in my .75 ctw (14k screwbacks) and 1.5 ctw (platinum screwbacks). In fact, I never took either pair off. My current pair doesn''t have screwbacks. It has the jumbo push-on backs, which I don''t feel secure enough to sleep or shower in. I also find that the size gets in the way of sleeping (3.03 ctw). In fact, I find that the earrings aren''t entirely comfortable for all-day wear.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wife wears a pair of .72ct 24/7 with 14kwg screw backs.

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
I just got a pair of 3.42 tcw set in platinum martini with heavy pushbacks. No problems sleeping in them....

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep with my 1.3 ctw in white gold push-backs every night without a problem. I rarely ever feel the posts.

BTW, Alyce...if that 3.03 ctw pair is too uncomfortable for you, feel free to send them my way! LOL
31.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
3.2cttw with lapousette backs... I sleep in them but I don''t shower in them. I wear all my jewelry all day long except for about an hour in the morning when they''re taking their gemcare bath while I shower, do my hair, and do my makeup.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 3:27:47 PM
Author: justjulia
Mine are 2.35 ctw with screw back posts that are each 3/8 inch long. They don''t poke me at all when I''m sleeping. I have decided to keep them in all the time--cause if I don''t I WILL lose them! It''s funny that these do not poke me, but I can''t sleep with anything in the other holes bc it really hurts. I know I''ve told y''all, but I get the other holes closed up Tuesday--I''m scare to death but excited.
Love this picture Julia! That stud is absolute perfection!!! Best of luck with your hole closing this week.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good point about makeup. I find that I am craftfully dodging getting foundation on the earrings in the morning. I probably should put them in the sonic while I do that.

Sundial-thank you! I am a tad anxious about tomorrow. ..yikes

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
yeah...this post could be taken in SO many wrong ways....LMAO!

And I could answer in so many wrong ways too if I wanted to be funny..
face16.gif

but I'll be nice and answer the question LoL

I sleep with all my earrings in....I have 7 holes in my ears (all together). I have two sets of diamond studs, one set of gold hoops, and a cartilage ring....

I don't get bothered by any of the posts on my studs, I don't feel my hoops, and the only one I take out if it get's irritated or sore from laying on it too much is the cartilage.

I must have normal lobes cuz the posts are long on my studs, but I still don't really feel anything poke me in my sleep. Maybe my pillow is just extra cushy?

Now the studs I haven't had any problems with becoming weak and such, but my gold hoops....lets just say that most have turned into ovals by now
emwink.gif
(it's okay- they're not that expensive and I lose them all the time so I'm not worried when they get weak and break in half)...

One more piece of advice though with studs and hoops- be careful when you wear a motorcycle helmet! Pulling it off WILL pull your earrings out
face5.gif
My boyfriend lost 2 sets of expensive diamond studs this way...I get him cheap sets now so he can lose them all he wants
face2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results