shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you who have seen a green gold piece ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Curiosity got the best of me. After seeing Mochi''s CAD, I started googling and found this picture. I personally love how green this ring is .. but I''ve also read that green gold looks a lot like yellow gold. I know there are different mixures but has anyone ever seen a ring with gold this green? I love it!

seiger1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s kind of cool. I''m wondering if the peridot that it''s set with is helping it appear more green? Just a thought...Either way, I want a green gold ring some day...

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
I agree - I do think it helps bring out the green in the gold but it is still hands down the greenest gold I''ve ever seen! You must be a night owl like me.
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol MC. I really am. I am the farthest thing from a morning person. Unfortunately I really need to switch my schedules around so that I''m not waking up at noon...It''s really bad, I''ve gotten to where I won''t go to sleep until the sun is coming up.

So with that, I''m off to bed! (Maybe...)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You can sometimes see green gold sold on tv shopping channels, and it''s mostly a lot like yellow - a mix of only gold and silver, having color similar to vanilla cream (if that makes sense). Those guys love it cause it''s softer and easier to work with (but also to damage) than alloys containing copper, which gives hardness. So it''s a quick and easy way for them to make huge amounts of merchandise. Those alloys that are really green (like in Black Hills gold) have some zinc in it, if I remember correctly.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting because the colour of the ring is how my green gold started off in my ring (which has accents of green gold - not the whole ring and is Black Hills Gold) but over time it's become more yellow.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic ! What a luxurious look. Green gold stones are also one of my favorites. Thanks for posting that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, who knew a sapphire blue stone would look so cool in green gold?? It''s interesting what they do with metal alloys these days. Thanks for posting that picture.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The blue in the sapphire absolutely pop''s in the green gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think green gold would be complimentary to my skin tone. Anyone else here might have this problem?

I would think a sapphire would have to be TOP colour to be able to handle green gold and a green halo because any green tint will be highlighted/brought out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results