shape
carat
color
clarity

for those about to propose...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
when I was proposed to, my fiance had me open the box to reveal the ring. Now, EVERY time I open my ring box to take it out and put it on in the morning (over a year later) I remember that moment of first opening it. I just thought I''d post that little tidbit here - am really glad he did it that way!!

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
what other women fell this way?

i was going to have the ring box opened when i proposed... i have a custom ring box that has a quote on the inside with her name saying "my promise always & forever"

i guess either way would be fine...

valleygirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:40:46 AM
Author: lovehersomuch
what other women fell this way?

i was going to have the ring box opened when i proposed... i have a custom ring box that has a quote on the inside with her name saying ''my promise always & forever''

i guess either way would be fine...

awwww..... how cute, I''m sure she''ll love it!

I''m getting engaged this summer (I don''t know how, when, where, but sometime this summer)

that is just adorable a custom ring box!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 8:01:42 AM
Author:waterlilly
when I was proposed to, my fiance had me open the box to reveal the ring. Now, EVERY time I open my ring box to take it out and put it on in the morning (over a year later) I remember that moment of first opening it. I just thought I''d post that little tidbit here - am really glad he did it that way!!
So you''re saying have her open it herself rather than opening it for her on your knee?

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
not necessarily...but have her see the moment the box opens. that moment of "ACK!!" her anticipation wanting to see what's inside rather than having the open box be the first view she has. Of course, this is just a minor detail - so don't get too worried about it!
But the moment of anticipation and then seeing the ring for the first time as the box opens will be one she remembers every time she opens it herself. (at least that's what I think of every time!)

I think including a box, open or closed is really a great idea. Your gal is going to definitely need one to keep the ring safe in and to have "the" box that was part of that moment is pretty neat. My FI just used a normal old ring box, and I am terribly attached to it - have a really nice ring box my mom gave me years ago - but can't bring myself to use it...I'll be keeping and using that same one from the proposal forever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results