clarity

For dystopian sci fi lit fans

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
What did you end up getting??

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha! I read the first line of the piece and busted out laughing.
“The end of 2016 brought with it a spike in classic dystopian book sales”
Do ya THINK????

Giggle snork.

"All Our Wrong Todays" - “What if the world we’re living in now was the dystopian version of some happier, more progressive alternate reality?” (goes so perfectly with the line above) and "The Weaver" are piquing my interest. Hmm…..

Busy at the moment reading "The Historian", an elegantly written and very believable re-telling of the Dracula story. I'm parcelling it out - I only read it before dropping off. Shivers. :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Like the Lightning
Borne
Book of Joan

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I can't read scary before bed!! Real life is kind of dystopian enough for me these days.. I am looking forward to reviews!! I need a new book.. I have not been reading enough for pleasure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH!!! Thank you Matata -- I am going onto the Chicago Public Library site and adding all of these to my hold list right now!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I will have to check them out.

Though I enjoy TEOTWAWKI novels more. Especially the parts where city dwellers have no idea how to survive without modern technology or how to garner the necessities of life - water, food, security, shelter. :razz: :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Though I enjoy TEOTWAWKI novels more. Especially the parts where city dwellers have no idea how to survive without modern technology or how to garner the necessities of life - water, food, security, shelter. :razz: :lol:

I wasn't familiar with the phrase TEOTWAWKI until you posted it Red. I looked it up and read a few things from links. Interesting. I think my dad has a bit of the old TEOTWAWKI in him, LOL. I also found out, after the fact, that the guy I bought my boat house from is a survivalist. He's got a bunker in his back yard (underground) and owns a tank. Yes, for real. He apparently drives it in local municipal parades to justify why he has it, but in reality he's got other, bigger, plans for it should it come to that.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee I am sure you found some interesting things googling that acronym. LOL. There are some loons out there.

I would love to have a tank. DH wants a Deuce and a half. I told him only if he saves his pennies and where is he going to drive it? Our neighbor has two.

deuce.JPG

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee I am sure you found some interesting things googling that acronym. LOL. There are some loons out there.

I would love to have a tank. DH wants a Deuce and a half. I told him only if he saves his pennies and where is he going to drive it? Our neighbor has two.

TWO?! Don't tell the guy I bought my boathouse from, he'll be SO jealous! :lol:

I got particularly engaged in an article that lists out the 105 way your life will change... like the value in hoarding neosporin and a backyard swimming pool as a drinking source. I almost had to stop reading though when I got to no more morning cup of coffee (once your stash runs out of course). :hand: THAT is a reality I'm not prepared to deal with!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can tell you from personal experience having to use leaves when toileting in the Amazon jungle (leaves that are invariably covered in insects that want to do bad things to you) that life without toilet paper is not a life worth living :))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell you from personal experience having to use leaves when toileting in the Amazon jungle (leaves that are invariably covered in insects that want to do bad things to you) that life without toilet paper is not a life worth living :))

:lol: For sure. Desolation Wilderness on horseback is the same. The plant nicknamed Indian toilet paper is no substitute. So we now have coffee and toilet paper as necessities on the list. LOL

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sign from the March for Science. sign.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results