shape
carat
color
clarity

Follow-up: How long did it take to get ALL of your thank-yous out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling a little guilty here...
20.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
almost three months... (we just sent the last ones out this week!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple weeks.
But I love all things stationery and handwritten.
12.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
About two and a half months after the wedding. I wouldn''t worry, though--the average for weddings I''ve attended recently seems to be 4-6 months or so.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two and a half months for all of them. We did them in a few batches. I wouldn''t worry too much either.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
About 3 months for me, maybe 4...I'm a procrastinator when it comes to these things.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Ours were all completed 2 weeks after we got home from our honeymoon, so about a month after the wedding.

I thought writing 200 thank you notes sounded incredibly painful, so for me it was a question of how I wanted to experience that pain -- slow and dull or quick and stinging!! I decided to do the latter and rip the proverbial band-aid off by writing about 20 per day for 7 or 8 days (my husband wrote the rest).

Good luck to you Rockzilla...I know it''s not easy, but you will feel SO GOOD once your last one is mailed! Make yourself crank them out this weekend so you can be done and just enjoy married life!

(Hope the pep talk helped...
41.gif
)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
six weeks. I first had to wait about 4 weeks until the photos I wanted to use to make the cards were available. I only had to do about 30 cards. it was very quiet at the office so I did a lot of them during the work day.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
5 months
6.gif
. I know. Shame on me.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My plan was a month... then the flood"s" have hindered that a bit. My newest goal, is the 1st of December for all of them to be done, which would be just over 4 monts.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to have them out before my brother''s wedding, so a little less than 3 months. It took a while for the photog to get our cards to us...

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
It took me between 5 and 6 months to write over 350 thank you cards.

It probably would have been quicker if my husband could have helped or if I hadn''t been in school, but unfortunately he was so busy with work he never had time, and I had my hardest semester ever right after the wedding. I got about 200 thank you cards out within a month or two, but the rest took another 2-3 months so it was all done by 5/6 months after the wedding.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got mine done within a month of my wedding date, but I actually didn''t send a few out until several months later because 4 of my guests moved in between the invites and thank you notes and I didn''t have their new addresses, and then *I* moved and didn''t know what happened to the notes I had already written! So if you want to count the 4 stragglers, I would say it technically took me 3 and a half months to get them all out.
3.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I''m aiming to have them all finished before the 2-month mark, though I have a little more free time than most at the moment since I''m in between jobs. I think if you have a medium-sized wedding, 3-4 months is the norm (especially if you had to wait for a photo card).

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
I had them all sent 10 days after the wedding. I only asked hubby to write one (his best man''s) and he sent that out a couple of days later, so all were mailed within 2 weeks of the wedding.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had them done within 2 weeks of returning from our honeymoon I think. I think my husband started writing thank you cards to guests from his side, but I ended up finishing them.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Not done..
32.gif
40.gif
but going to do it soon
37.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank goodness there are others who haven''t finished them almost 3 months later! My husband''s mother has been nagging at us...grumble grumble. We''ve done some, but not all of them.

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
3 weeks after our wedding- but I cheated a bit b/c I had all the envelopes pre addressed & stamped so all we had to do was write the actual thank you card.

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
Exactly 3 weeks, since I finished them last night. Now, I just have to get stamps and mail them! I just tried to make myself sit down and do about 10 a night. I am so glad they are done!

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
My mom got so mad at me! It took a few months. I actually finished the notes in a few days, but was too busy lazy to go get stamps! My mom actually bought stamps for me so I could mail out our notes.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results