shape
carat
color
clarity

FML (vent).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so maybe FML is a little too dramatic, but I was not a very happy person, this weekend, let me tell ya!

FF, and I (as well as his brothers, and parents) were invited to a wedding on Saturday. Said wedding was a quickly put-together, shotgun wedding, as the bride, and groom had just gotten engaged late last month, quickly after finding out they were expecting.
Anyway, the bride is the daughter of an old family friend of FF''s parents (and, also the youngest sister of FF''s ex-girlfriend).

**Side-note: The families have lived around the corner from each other for over 15 years, so even though FF, and the bride''s sister had dated very briefly, they''re more like brother/sister, now. In fact, they''re pretty much part of MY family, as well, as we''ve known each other just short of 9 years. **

Moving on..

After finding out about the upcoming wedding, FF''s youngest brother (best guy friend of the bride)''s girlfriend of a year became very upset, because she thought they''d be the first of their graduating class to get married..
Can you see where this is going?!
FF''s brother proposed on Friday night, the night before the wedding, to appease his girlfriend, who has now become a Bridezilla in training, sulking about how much planning she has to do, and how much $ everything is going to cost, saying she doesn''t want a long engagement several times..

.. but, they''re not getting married until sometime in 2012!

Needless to say, although I am jealous that they became engaged before us, I have to laugh at the whole reason behind it. All because a friend was getting married?

Okay, so maybe I''m a bit more than jealous/bitter, but FF assures me that my wait won''t be much longer. As he put it, yesterday, "It''ll happen sooner than you think, but not as soon as you''d like it", meaning it''ll happen before the end of the year, but not tomorrow, LOL!

I think the part that bothered me the most about the whole ordeal, however, was the fact that FF''s brother actually apologized for beating him to proposing. Um, WTF?! Who does that? Seriously. I mean, I know we''ve been together for quite a while, but it''s not like it''s a race, dude.. too bad he didn''t get the memo before he proposed. :razz:
I should also mention the fact that another of FF''s brothers quipped, "It''s a good thing they (FF, and I) got the 2-bedroom suite (we were upgraded for free.. sweeeet), FF will need the other room for tonight! DOG HOUSE!"

Again, it''s been forever waiting for a proposal, but I''m not THAT bratty, lol. UGH, some people.

Now, when FF finally proposes, I''m worried that FBIL will think we''re trying to steal his thunder, when in reality, we''ve been working towards a proposal for almost a year, now.

Just gotta love ILs, huh? HAHA!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MRSH - FSIL sounds like a brat to me. At least you know that your proposal will be well thought out, meaningful, and something you BOTH want, and not because you pitched a fit
9.gif
. I understand that the jealous part is only b/c you were looking forward to yours. It sounds like FSIL stole EVERYONE''s thunder.... bride.... and yours. In the end she''s the one who looks like a spoiled child.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 2:06:11 PM
Author: dragonfly411
MRSH - FSIL sounds like a brat to me. At least you know that your proposal will be well thought out, meaningful, and something you BOTH want, and not because you pitched a fit
9.gif
. I understand that the jealous part is only b/c you were looking forward to yours. It sounds like FSIL stole EVERYONE''s thunder.... bride.... and yours. In the end she''s the one who looks like a spoiled child.

Ditto McDitto :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. FSIL sounds like a handful and a half. Your story sounds pretty familiar to a friend of mine. She and her BF of almost 4 years got engaged back in March-ish of 2008. He, being the oldest son, had inherited the family diamond (his mom had passed away about 3 months before from breast cancer) and had it set for her engagement ring. His younger brother''s girlfiend proceeded to throw a hissy. Younger brother took other diamonds of mom''s (I believe a brooch and maybe a RHR) and had them put into a ring for her and proposed about a month later. While my friend is relatively laid back about the whole thing, her FSIL is a total bridezilla brat. I feel bad for her.

Oh well...what can you do???

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Well, they won''t be the first of their class to get married, but they may be the first to divorce!
11.gif
Sorry, that''s mean. But seriously, he proposed because she wanted to be first?!
6.gif
I feel for ya, MrsH.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, that dog house comment would''ve put me over the edge, lol.

Kudos to you for finding the humor in the situation, and not flipping out on your boyfriend. I''m sure he appreciates that!

I feel bad for your FBIL, as it seems his engagement may be premature, and that''s never a good thing.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m sure FF''s brother apologized for proposing first because he''s known for a while that your FF is getting ready to propose.

Wait til he does and YOUR wedding comes before bridezilla''s!
20.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on keeping cool and level-headed about this. Unfortunately the FSIL sounds like a real witch. But at least you don''t have to live with her (unlike FBIL)!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Haha, thanks for the support, ladies! I''m trying to just brush it all off, and focus on the fact that FF, and I will be engaged ourselves within the next 2 months, but now FBIL, and ''the brat'' (haha, I love it!) have taken to Facebook.. gag me. :razz: If I have to listen to "I love you, fiancé" for the next 3 years, I''m gonna claw my own face off! LOL!
As for not flipping on FF about it, it''s not his fault. He knows, however, that it bothered me, and has been a goofball about it all (in a good way).

Date: 10/13/2009 9:52:16 PM
Author: AustenNut
Congratulations on keeping cool and level-headed about this. Unfortunately the FSIL sounds like a real witch. But at least you don''t have to live with her (unlike FBIL)!

Actually, they don''t live together.. they''re actually both still in college for the next 2-3 years, and long-distance (pretty much have been for their whole relationship, although they met while at the same high school, years ago). That''s a huge reason why they''re waiting ''til ''12 for the wedding.. especially since FBIL is in military college, and he''s really trying to focus on that (he really did just propose to appease her.. sad, really).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results