shape
carat
color
clarity

Flynn to testify in exchange for immunity...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CB and I are just reading about this now. Rut ro.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw this as well! Things just got even more interesting...

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

image.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flynn had no choice. He was going to be thrown under the bus by the other gang members.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Or could it be because he, and he alone, is guilty of something and he is trying to save his own skin.

I heard one of the reasons it was not being accepted because it was felt he had nothing new to say from what they already know.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or could it be because he, and he alone, is guilty of something and he is trying to save his own skin.

I heard one of the reasons it was not being accepted because it was felt he had nothing new to say from what they already know.

If that was the case though why would he need immunity? I mean, if they already know everything he has to say... ?

ETA: Wait -- I'm not sure what "it" is in terms of not being accepted? Do you mean it = his immunity request?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is not the most likely explanation. Here is an excerpt from an article in "The New York Times".

"The F.B.I. is investigating whether any of President Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government in its efforts to disrupt the 2016 presidential election. An immunity deal would make it impossible for the Justice Department to prosecute Mr. Flynn.

It is common for witnesses to demand immunity in exchange for their testimony to ensure that their words cannot be used to prosecute them. Under federal law, Congress can grant witnesses immunity for their testimony, but lawmakers normally do so only after consulting with prosecutors.

Congress normally avoids doing anything that could disrupt a federal investigation. Federal law allows the Justice Department to delay a congressional immunity deal but not block it outright."

AGBF

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If that was the case though why would he need immunity? I mean, if they already know everything he has to say... ?

We are all speaking hypothetically since none of us know for sure.

Maybe Flynn realizes whatever he did will soon come out so he is agreeing to testify for immunity.

As we know IRL, sometimes the courts will agree because you can give them an even bigger fish and sometimes they do not because they do not feel you have anything new to say.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Where did you read or hear this though? I can't find it in any of the usual media places (including AOL and Fox). The CB and I are having quite a chat about this right now!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you read or hear this though? I can't find it in any of the usual media places (including AOL and Fox). The CB and I are having quite a chat about this right now!
I've heard from multiple outlets that no one (e.g. FBI, whoever) has accepted Flynn's offer to testify in exchange for immunity. So there's lots of potential reasons for it, and outlets are speculating why. I've heard the same things as Ruby, along with others (like they don't want to give him immunity bc he doesn't have info on anyone else higher up, or they already can screw him based on what they know, etc etc). At this point though its entirely speculation about why people haven't accepted his offer, and if they might in the future.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Mike Flynn tells the FBI he's willing to talk, but only for immunity. But you only get immunity if you deliver someone else higher up the ladder.

I had read the above. And I am just guessing that they do not feel Flynn can deliver. Or has Love Dogs said, that they have enough on him in his dealings with the Turkish businessman that they do not need to give it to him.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovedogs and Ruby. I must not have been reading the right articles.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovedogs and Ruby. I must not have been reading the right articles.
I think at this point there's lots of panic over this stuff, and news outlets are trying to get the latest info as quickly as they can. But I've been refreshing CNN, The Hill, Politico, and Reddit news pretty much continuously for the last few hours and haven't seen anything to suggest that Flynn's offer was accepted by anyone, or any reasons (for sure) why it hasn't been accepted.

Obviously I'm WISHING AND HOPING with all my heart that he has serious info about Trump, but that it isn't needed because there's enough to take down the entire administration without it, but that might be my bleeding liberal heart's pipe dream :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/politics/michael-flynn-immunity-testimony/index.html

Snippet:
"Gen. Flynn certainly has a story to tell, and he very much wants to tell it, should the circumstances permit. ... No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution," Robert Kelner, Flynn's lawyer, said in a statement late Thursday.
The Wall Street Journal first reported Thursday that Flynn was in talks to try to get a promise of immunity, but that nobody had agreed to his terms yet.
However, aides to the House intelligence committee said they have not received any requests from Flynn yet. A spokesperson for the Senate intelligence committee declined comment Thursday evening.

I'm not in favor of immunity for him. Negotiate a reduced sentence if he's guilty of something but no immunity.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, none of the committees are going to give him immunity until/unless the FBI and DOJ do their decision making first. My guess is that the public offer means he's so far been unable to negotiate the deal he wants with either of the latter, which, as others have surmised, means he can't deliver or they already have what they need.

I hope Sessions' decision to recuse himself from Russia stuff extends to this, as it would be a massive conflict of interest for him to be involved in this decision.

E B

Ideal_Rock
If that is the case, I don't think for a second it's because "he has nothing to say." My $ would be on "unwilling to say."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new Op-Ed piece in "The New York Times" says that Trump is right and that Flynn should be granted immunity now by Congress to testify. The authors of the piece, Richard Painter and Norman Eisen, argue that in this case, with a foreign power attacking the United States, it is too dangerous not to give Mr. Flynn immunity and to wait for the FBI to finish its investigation.

Here are excerpts from the Op-Ed piece.

31eisenWeb-master768.jpg

Michael T. Flynn, the retired general who served a brief month as President Trump’s national security adviser, wants to make a deal. He is seeking immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying on the Trump campaign’s possible coordination with Russia. Instead of categorically rejecting Mr. Flynn’s offer, as the Senate Intelligence Committee appears to have done today, at least for the moment, both houses of Congress and federal prosecutors should carefully review Flynn’s proffered testimony and the details of the immunity deal and then make a decision.

This is the latest development in a scandal more frightening than Watergate because it involves a foreign adversary attacking the American political system. We need to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible. The president tweeted on Friday morning that he supported Mr. Flynn’s request for immunity. Although we do not think it is proper for Mr. Trump to insert himself into the investigation, we agree on that point, at least.

Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 31, 2017
It is standard for potential targets of an investigation to ask for immunity, and it often takes months or even years for prosecutors to decide whether it’s worth granting it. Prosecutors spend a lot of time developing a case before they ask a judge for an order granting immunity. They have to balance their responsibility to deliver justice and punish the guilty against the need to find out the truth so that they can bring charges against other potentially guilty people. Congress can also obtain a court order extending immunity after a majority vote of either house or a two-thirds vote of a relevant committee, but must first give prosecutors notice. Historically, Congress has been very deferential in exercising its immunity powers in order to avoid interfering with criminal investigations.

This time, the stakes are too high to wait. Immunity should be granted as soon as Congress and prosecutors are persuaded that Mr. Flynn has information that will lead to a criminal case against one or more people at least as important to the alleged wrongdoing as Mr. Flynn may be. The overriding objective must be learning who if anyone in the United States collaborated with the Russians as well as who knew about it, what they knew and when they knew it.

This case is different from ordinary criminal investigations. Finding the truth is even more important than punishing the guilty, because it is critical to our national security and the future of our democracy.

It is also vitally important that decisions about whether to grant Mr. Flynn immunity, and all other decisions about the Trump-Russia investigation, be made only by people who are completely independent of anyone who could possibly be a subject or target of that investigation. This includes President Trump, who made Mr. Flynn his top national security adviser and, during the presidential campaign, openly encouraged the Russians to spy on his opponent and to reveal what they found.

(snip)

Because this scandal involves the hostile acts of a foreign adversary, it is a national security issue. We now have a witness who may help us get to the bottom of it. A prompt and proper grant of immunity can maximize our chances of finding out what happened — and making sure that those who may have betrayed the United States are never in a position to do so again.

(snip)

AGBF

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Ruby, figure it out, your Trump hero is a lying, cheating, moronic, narcissist who intends to make as many personal "deals" as possible while selling us out to the Russians. Flynn did what Trump told him to do, and Trump will deny it to the day he dies. Flynn didn't "do it alone", that's dumb as a box of hair. :roll:

Trump doesn't care who he destroys, and if you believe one word of what he or his cronies (the Russians) say, you're fooling yourself. Simple as that.

Give Flynn his immunity, so we can hear the truth about Trump, then all yell "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"
And for god sakes, Ruby, get a hobby or something, your constant trolling must be getting tiring. :wall:Or maybe you're a Russian, assigned to this forum to pass out fake news and "influence" our thoughts. o_O If you're not, then you certainly act like it. The news is there were over 1,000 of them, assigned to "influential internet access points". You smell like beet soup, Ruby.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, figure it out, your Trump hero is a lying, cheating, moronic, narcissist who intends to make as many personal "deals" as possible while selling us out to the Russians. Flynn did what Trump told him to do, and Trump will deny it to the day he dies. Flynn didn't "do it alone", that's dumb as a box of hair. :roll:

Trump doesn't care who he destroys, and if you believe one word of what he or his cronies (the Russians) say, you're fooling yourself. Simple as that.

Give Flynn his immunity, so we can hear the truth about Trump, then all yell "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"
And for god sakes, Ruby, get a hobby or something, your constant trolling must be getting tiring. :wall:Or maybe you're a Russian, assigned to this forum to pass out fake news and "influence" our thoughts. o_O If you're not, then you certainly act like it. The news is there were over 1,000 of them, assigned to "influential internet access points". You smell like beet soup, Ruby.

My hero? What are you talking about? I am no fan girl.

As far as what Flynn did, do you have access to any classified information the rest of us do not?

Flynn is a big boy who had a past before Trump.

But I look at it this way - Don't you think that if Flynn knew something that could involve Trump they would have handed him his immunity along with the keys to the city. That is in fact when they grant immunity - when the person can give them someone higher up on the ladder, a bigger fish to fry.

And they turned him down flat.

As far as my "smelling like beet soup." again you have lost me. Unless you are referring to borscht. Then yuck.

As far as me being a Russian, yes that is where my grandparents came from - Kiev in what was Russia and now is part of the Ukraine I believe.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
iLander, hope you are joking about Ruby being a Russian troll because it's laughable.
If there are any PS Trump fans posting, I missed their contributions.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, hope you are joking about Ruby being a Russian troll because it's laughable.
If there are any PS Trump fans posting, I missed their contributions.

Actually it is not laughable it is extremely rude if its not joking.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ilander, :clap::clap::clap: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saying what needed to be said. AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH MARTYR YOU GET IN RESPONSE, please do not tender the 500th apology offered up by others.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting nervous that maybe they (FBI, NIC) realize that Flynn won't give anything useful, or will just take all the blame rather than giving into on Trump. If that's the case, then it's disappointing.

I'm hoping he actually has info but the FBI/NIC doesn't need it bc they have enough or are getting enough.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Ilander, :clap::clap::clap: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saying what needed to be said. AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH MARTYR YOU GET IN RESPONSE, please do not tender the 500th apology offered up by others.

You found me out.

I joined Pricescope back in 2004 knowing that Trump would be elected into office 12 years later, so I could push his agenda.

Pass the borscht, comrade.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems he might be worried about his own skin. Not sure if he has anything useful to say. If its proven that you did something illegal you have to pay the price.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting nervous that maybe they (FBI, NIC) realize that Flynn won't give anything useful, or will just take all the blame rather than giving into on Trump. If that's the case, then it's disappointing.

I'm hoping he actually has info but the FBI/NIC doesn't need it bc they have enough or are getting enough.

Even high ranking mobsters sell each other out to save their skin.

If Flynn had anything on Trump, and if tbtb thought so, they would have him spilling right now.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Azstonie, the ignore button is that way _____________________}

I suggest you use it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results