shape
carat
color
clarity

Flying with Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
I was talking to my girlfriend the other day and she was telling me how she wants to be proposed to. It involves going to a tropical location. My question is, since of course I wouldnt want her to know beforehand, is it hard to travel with a ring? As in is airport security going to wonder what it is and all? It would be really bad if they pull it out and she sees it, she is someone who loves surprises and that would totally ruin it/ Thanks for any ideas

Phil

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have it in your bag you should be fine, I would carry it in your carry on obviously. Don''t make a spectacle of it or yourself though bec you don''t want searched.

waiting

Rough_Rock
33.gif
Question... wouldn''t she kinda be ''on'' to you about the proposal since you two would be traveling to an exotic tropical place? How are you going to keep it a secret?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strange idea...this would be badass to me but maybe not to her...if you hid it in her makeup/hairstuff bag in her luggage and she found it. Like you planned for her to find it and you were out in the other room on your knee waiting for her.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a bunch of previous threads with this same Q re: traveling with ring that may be helpful.

I think that in the past people have said that their rings did not set off the metal detectors...there were suggestions to wear it on your pinky, or to pack it in the luggage so that it wouldn''t be with you, having it shipped to your destination ahead of time, etc. There have been tons of suggestions, I can''t remember what actually WORKED or what people did...so you may have some luck in a search.

Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you don''t put it in your checked luggage, reminds me of that movie Meet The Parents!!!!
6.gif
Mara''s right there have been threads about this lately, do a search and I''m sure you can find them. Good luck and be sure to come back and let us know how it went!!!!
1.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi thanks everyone, yeah that would def be bad if a meet the parents thing happened. I would flip.

Yeah it may tip her off, but she is good about not trying to figure out my plans for her, she just goes with the flow so it makes it easier. Maybe I wouldnt tell her where we''d be flying to, just tell her its warm.
Thanks thought, I will look at past posts and see what I find.

Phil

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Daniel;
Yeah that would suck if she saw my post, but I didnt tell her about this forum. She just thinks I know about diamonds b/c I am interested in them and read.
Yeah Id be fuming mad if someone took off with my ring too, that would really suck. I was thinking of checking it in too but that would be what Id be afraid of, or them loosing the bag or whatever. Id just feel a lot better having it with me. But I guess I will figure it out when the time comes. thanks again.

Phil

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t she want to be surprised? I would propose before so she can enjoy the vacation w/o the stress of "waiting for the moment" and to catch her off gaurd. About traveling, security checks 1 out of every 8 (I think) passangers. I would put it in your sock or pocket during security and then place it in your bag in the bathroom or when she is not looking.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the idea about putting the ring in my sock, thats a good idea.
Im not going to tell her we are going to one of the places she said she wants to be proposed to. I will say its a surprise, and she will just think I wanted that to be the surpirse. The day I propose I will be so nervous im sure she will know anyways. She told me she is sure she will be able to tell because I will be figity. But she always is surprised none the less im sure because she doesnt try and figure out my plans. I guess shes just glad to have someone who takes the time to plan stuff out for her.
Thanks so much for your help. I wont be proposing for a lil while but I just wanted to find out before hand so I wont be getting stressed out about what im going to do when the time comes, thanks

Phil

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to wish you well - how exciting! - Can''t wait to see the proposal pictures....God Speed!

How bizarre! Something to read....
http://www.cnn.com/US/9612/23/twa.family/

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to wish you well also. Looking forward to hearing your proposal story and the ring of course!!! Good luck!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results