shape
carat
color
clarity

Flutter goes my heart....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
So...BF & I have an LDR that works for us for now...but he was visiting this past weekend.

Long story short, he''s buying a house where I''m at...won''t be moving back till next year.... but I''ll be visiting him in a month & my parents will be on the island, too...

...and when we were on the phone last night, he suggested taking them out to dinner, and casually...
(was he joking or not?? be still my heart!) ... mentioned it would be a good time to for him ask them for their permission to marry me....!!!

(Not that he needs it or thinks he does, he''s just kinda old fashioned that way... )
2.gif

But now I don''t know how excited I ought to be.... and how disappointed I might be if he really was joking!

The conversation just kept going after he dropped that into it, so I never asked (I''m a chicken!) how serious he was ... shucks! I have no idea how close he really is to popping the question....

Someone talk me down!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh that''s so exciting! I''d say he was serious-I dont think men kind of joke about asking the parents and the fact that he wants to take them out for dinner says something too. D was joking about that too-we''re off to NY in just over 5 wks and he was messing about when he''s going to say something to my dad! Love those conversations!!!

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
That''s very exciting!!!! (I suppose my response wont help to talk you down at all) haha.

My bf has already or is going to speak with my mum. He said he wouldn''t tell me when he had spoken with her, because the proposal "would not be too far off" !!

hahah!!

So, you be excited!

27.gif
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds great! But if this is the man you''re going to marry, you can''t be chicken to ask him what he really means when he says something! You don''t want to end up in a relationship with bad communication, so I would just ask him what he meant. I''m sure that if he''s thisclose to marrying you that he won''t mind a little question like that!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s very exciting! Don''t be afraid to ask questions you want to ask... You''ll feel much better afterwards!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I agree with what others have said. Just speak to your bf about it. You can't be afraid to talk to the man you plan to marry and spend the rest of your life with. I've always believed that communication is key to a healthy and strong relationship.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think he was joking! Yay!

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
hahah!

I think he is serious, and i think that''s why I''m chicken to ask.... scared to jinx it maybe...
5.gif
I saw the house, was there when the papers were signed... we joke about what furniture to put in it, and how we''re going to raise our kids....heheh... i don''t doubt he intends to put a ring on my finger.... it''s just the WHEN that''s making my heart skip beats. :) I''ve been ready to say YES! for awhile now, but I think if he actually did it soon, I''d be so stunned I sit there with my jaw dropped wide open and then blubber like an idiot....
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results