shape
carat
color
clarity

Flubbed proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kincaid77

Rough_Rock
Got a ring last minute this past weekend and took it with to an already planned trip to Chicago. Figured I''d pull it out if the mood was right, if not, I''d hold onto it.

Well after sitting in traffic for 2 hours due to a tanker explosion, getting in a fight the night before, check in screw ups, a moody girlfriend, etc I decided to keep the ring in my pocket.

Unfortunately she noticed the ring in my pocket, realized what could have happened, etc and I was in an odd predicament. We were both drained, not in the mood, etc so pretty much called a rain check.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation? I feel like I need to do something really special/surprising to make up for the situation

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I helped choose my ring, watched his check to the jeweler's get cashed and reminded him to pick up the ring, so surprise was OUT...

BUT, he waited a whole month and surprised me on our vacation when I LAST expected it. The whole thing was NOT a surprise, I knew he would do it on the trip, BUT it was the HOW and the sincerity that still made me gasp and cry.

I think the same concept could work for you...It doesn't have to be a BIG suprise, but making a big deal out of the asking COULD be...Like start throwing her off by taking her out to dress-up dinners every weekend. A new place each time, but one night, have it be REAL special with her favorite flowers or champaign, or a limo or something equally wow! OR one day just ask her to meet you somewhere private under a pretext and have things set up in a garden or a beach or something private and wonderful...

Either way, you know her, and make sure that there is a build up. It may frustrate her, but in the end, it will DEFINATELY pay off...!!!

Good luck!!!

Bass12

Rough_Rock
To me, it's a good thing that she knows it's coming at some point. It lets her get used to the idea and she can have time make sure being with you for the rest of her life is what she wants. (Rather than saying yes out of excitement and having doubts later). Knowing you have the ring makes it real. My girlfriend knows that I have the ring, and that it's going to happen some time this summer....and she's thanked me for letting her know that I have it.

In your case, I definitely would do a couple of situations where you get her thinking that the moment is about to happen. Kind of like being a tease. I think it would make her really happy when you finally do. Definitely be really romantic about it to fix up the botched one earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results