shape
carat
color
clarity

Flu Symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never had the flu before...what are the early symptoms from your unfortuante experience?

Last night before bed my whole body started to ache starting with my back. I took a motrin and tried to sleep it off. I felt fine this morning, no aches, but sitting at my desk now, I''m feeling it start in my back again. I''m not experiencing any other symptoms right now...what the heck is this? TIA!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I just had the flu last week, and it was miserable. I really hope it's not the flu.

I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that flu symptoms usually include a high fever and respiratory symptoms like coughing, stuffy/runny nose, congestion along with body aches.

If you think you have the flu you should get checked out ASAP. The doctor can prescribe you an anti-viral (i.e. Tamiflu). It's the most effective if taken within 6-12 hours of symptom onset. I was able to take it, and I started feeling better much sooner than my colleague who got sick at the same time.

I hope you feel better soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu can vary but in my experience it begins with whole body aches ( very painful), high temp, shivering and weird feelings, you just feel very ill and weak and this gets worse, you don't feel better in between but the only place you want to be is your bed. Flu is very nasty.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:58:13 AM
Author: sap483
I just had the flu last week, and it was miserable. I really hope it''s not the flu.

I believe, and someone please correct me if I''m wrong, that flu symptoms usually include a high fever and respiratory symptoms like coughing, stuffy/runny nose, congestion along with body aches.

If you think you have the flu you should get checked out ASAP. The doctor can prescribe you an anti-viral (i.e. Tamiflu). It''s the most effective if taken within 6-12 hours of symptom onset. I was able to take it, and I started feeling better much sooner than my colleague who got sick at the same time.

Thanks Sap! I thought there would be other symptoms which is what has me confused. I don''t know if I''m running a fever or not...

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:00:32 AM
Author: Lorelei
Flu can vary but in my experience it begins with whole body aches ( very painful), high temp, shivering and weird feelings, you just feel very ill and weak and this gets worse, you don''t feel better in between but the only place you want to be is your bed. Flu is very nasty.
Thanks Lorelei! This is also what makes me think it isn''t flu. It''s my DH that is convinced that it is.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 11:11:02 AM
Author: InLuv101

Date: 2/18/2009 11:00:32 AM
Author: Lorelei
Flu can vary but in my experience it begins with whole body aches ( very painful), high temp, shivering and weird feelings, you just feel very ill and weak and this gets worse, you don''t feel better in between but the only place you want to be is your bed. Flu is very nasty.
Thanks Lorelei! This is also what makes me think it isn''t flu. It''s my DH that is convinced that it is.
Most welcome dear, I really hope you don''t have it but I think if you did you would know and would be feeling extremely ill. But keep a close eye on how you are feeling just in case it develops.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just to play devil''s advocate... I had the flu back in October, and I never had a fever. However, I NEVER get fevers, so perhaps that is just how my body works....

If you are having no other symptoms, perhaps it is connected to your time of the month, or your kidneys. If they don''t go away, I would check with your doctor.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:16:11 AM
Author: Tuckins1
Just to play devil''s advocate... I had the flu back in October, and I never had a fever. However, I NEVER get fevers, so perhaps that is just how my body works....

If you are having no other symptoms, perhaps it is connected to your time of the month, or your kidneys. If they don''t go away, I would check with your doctor.
Thanks Tuckins! Hmmmm...I did have a kidney infection last month. Maybe it''s related. At any rate, I think I''ll got get checked out on my lunch break. Better safe than sorry.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Eek, sounds like it could be recurrence of the kidney infection... I''m def. glad your getting this checked out though... when in doubt..!
Did you finish your course of antibiotics for the kidney infection?
Hope you''re feeling better soon!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:07:02 PM
Author: paeony
Eek, sounds like it could be recurrence of the kidney infection... I''m def. glad your getting this checked out though... when in doubt..!
Did you finish your course of antibiotics for the kidney infection?
Hope you''re feeling better soon!
I did finish my antibiotics paeony. The body aches are getting worse (it hurts that my clothes are even touching my skin in some areas) and now i feel extremely weak and have a bad headache. I''m going to go now and see what''s up.

Thanks to everyone for replying!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 11:23:16 AM

Date: 2/18/2009 11:16:11 AM
Author: Tuckins1

Thanks Tuckins! Hmmmm...I did have a kidney infection last month. Maybe it''s related. At any rate, I think I''ll got get checked out on my lunch break. Better safe than sorry.
In that case definitely get it checked.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:06:06 AM

Date: 2/18/2009 10:58:13 AM
Author: sap483
I just had the flu last week, and it was miserable. I really hope it's not the flu.

I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that flu symptoms usually include a high fever and respiratory symptoms like coughing, stuffy/runny nose, congestion along with body aches.

If you think you have the flu you should get checked out ASAP. The doctor can prescribe you an anti-viral (i.e. Tamiflu). It's the most effective if taken within 6-12 hours of symptom onset. I was able to take it, and I started feeling better much sooner than my colleague who got sick at the same time.

Thanks Sap! I thought there would be other symptoms which is what has me confused. I don't know if I'm running a fever or not...
Oh no I am sorry. My friend is a doctor and he says colds have the chills like the flu but usually the fever distinguishes the flu from a cold. I would get checked out just incase, they can run a flu kit (not sure the proper term) and then they can tell you for sure if you go right away. (((((HUGS)))).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
One other distinguishing feature is that a runny nose is usually more of a cold symptom, but being stuffed up without the runny nose would be more flu-like.

In any case, sounds like you are doing the right thing by getting it checked out ASAP - I think no matter what it turns out to be, you''ll be glad you did.

Hope you feel better soon!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
At first with you back pain it sounded like a kidney infection.

Now that you say you''re body aches in more places than one, I''d say that sounds like flu. One thing I''ll always remember is that even clothes or a blanket touching my skin was irritating.

Good idea getting it checked-out. Hope you feel better.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I cannot believe you''ve never had the flu before...I''ve never known anyone how never had the flu...wow...

Flu like symptoms for me are bodyaches, headaches, stuffy nose, feeling "out of bodyish" like I cannot compute what people are saying/doing .... its horrible...

I hope you get well soon, what it is.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, the flu is EVIL!

Here you go:

*Fever (higher than 100° F)
*Chills
*Headache
*Extreme tiredness
*Dry cough
*Sore throat
*Runny/Stuffy nose
*Muscle aches ~ While it is normal to feel body aches from physical overexertion, body aches that are sudden and unexplained can be a sign of the flu.
*Stomach symptoms
*Chest discomfort

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 2:35:40 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I cannot believe you''ve never had the flu before...I''ve never known anyone how never had the flu...wow...

Flu like symptoms for me are bodyaches, headaches, stuffy nose, feeling ''out of bodyish'' like I cannot compute what people are saying/doing .... its horrible...

I hope you get well soon, what it is.
Thats it exactly, what I meant when I said you could feel '' weird'' with flu.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had the flu and I''ve never had a flu shot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know is that you know when you have the flu for real, because you feel like you''re going to die.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi InLuv... I got the flu the week before Christmas. I was at the mall, and I started to feel a little achy. I got home, and the aches hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt better the next day, but the day after that I came down with the chills and sweats. And 102 deg fever. Then the sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. The one on the right side of my neck got so big so quick, and a giant pimple developed there. So disgusting (sorry if TMI!). I felt listless, miserable, and congested for a week, then I started to cough and blow it all out, and that lasted another 5 or 6 days. It was the worst sickness ever! I really hope you don''t have the flu! Big ditto to those who talked about the "out of body" feelings. And you feel kinda stupid, too. Just really out of it.

And I had gotten the flu shot in October (I''m a nurse, and am required). Some good that did
20.gif

However, if the aches are localized only to your back, and no other symptoms develop in the next few days, it''s probably more likely a kidney infection. Best to see a Dr. For a kidney infection you''ll get antibiotics. For the flu, you''ll get antivirals. Antibiotics are useless to the flu, as the flu is a virus, not caused by bacteria.

Lots of "feel better" dust to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results