shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowers from Costco?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ordered flowers from Costco or done flowers diy? I am about 99% sure I am going the diy route and Costco seems like it has great deals. But it also says the colors are determined seasonally so I wonder what the possibly variety is.
Just wondering if anyone has experience w/Costco flowers or other places that say color isn''t definite. Also, for those diyers, any tips?

Thanks!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered the same thing because I like the idea of picking out my flowers in person when I do my own centerpieces. However, due to a few things like perhaps not having the time to do this the days before the wedding and my fear that they just won''t have what I want (due to the seasonal thing you mention) I just get flustered and put off thinking about it some more
38.gif
31.gif

I''ve heard of some pretty great reviews of certain online flower wholesalers that I will more likely use. Sorry I don''t know about Costco specificaly.....I''ll be checking this thread to hear what others have to say!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are willing to spend a great deal of your wedding day and the day before you can really save a ton of money making your own boquets. My mom and I considered it until we realized how little of the day we would have after scheduling my hair appointment, photos before the afternoon ceremony, beautifying, calling vendors to make sure everything is set, etc. We decided it was too much stress. However, we watched a couple of tv shows and read a little about making boquets and it really doesn''t look too hard at all. As far as costco goes...as long as you aren''t picky about the color or type of flower you should be fine. I''d go into it with the idea that you will buy the best *looking* flowers they have available at that time...because you aren''t going to be able to necessarily choose the exactly color or type of flower because they may not be available or look great from week to week.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine had a smallish (75) wedding and she bought bouquets from Costco and put them in vases for the big day. We set them all up the day before.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your responses!

So Happy, I still plan to order certain flowers beforehand, I just think the color depends on the season. On the website, they have many different flowers available and large, bulk amounts for cheap prices.

Kcoursolle, I definitely wouldn''t do this on my wedding day. I would order in advance, get them a few days in advance and then do the bouquets prob. the day before. I definitely wouldn''t do it if I had to go that day and pick from what they have in stock. I need too many flowers and I am way too picky! From what I can tell, you order a set quantity of a specific flower so you''re not going in to choose from their daily selection. Of course, I don''t have much info. yet but that''s what I gather from the website.
Since the wedding is Sun. afternoon, I''d hopefully get the flowers Thurs and then make the bouquets Fri. or Sat. afternoon.

FG, good to know that it can work! I thought of buying the ready made bouquets but they don''t offer many choices that way. When you look at their bulk flowers, there are many different types of flowers available.

Anyone else have experience w/this sort of thing?

Bpham

Rough_Rock

I am also considering making my own floral centerpieces and bouquets. The only problem is I''m having a destinantion wedding- specifically in Maui. Does anyone know of any party rental places or a flower mart in Maui?? I want to do a little reserach and compare prices before going with the hotel vendors (and their ridiculously high costs)!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results