shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowers (combinations)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I've been emailing my florist back and forth recently, and talk of budget came up. To get an estimate (and a feel for what I want), she wants me to choose which flowers I want to use in the centerpieces and bouquet. Problem is, I'm not sure what will go together.

I want the bouquet/centerpieces to look kind of wild (we're getting married in a garden), but still very pretty. I've attached a collage of my favorite flowers ('n stuff) below, and I'd love to know what you guys think. Any suggestions? Note: The collage doesn't show the various wild greens I want to include.

I'd also love to see your flower combinations too! Post away!

(p.s. Regarding the pinecone, I thought it'd be cute to have a couple of baby pinecones in each arrangement to reflect our natural, outdoors-y theme. Oh, and I want brown berries, not red, but for whatever reason, I can't find pictures.)

flowercombo.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are stunning. Is the top left runnuculus? For budgets sakes, do you know what flowers are more "in season" or readily available at the time when you are getting married? I also love leaves mixed in, and twigs...artfully done it can look so rustic and pretty...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:30:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think they are stunning. Is the top left runnuculus? For budgets sakes, do you know what flowers are more 'in season' or readily available at the time when you are getting married? I also love leaves mixed in, and twigs...artfully done it can look so rustic and pretty...

Thanks diamondfan! I'm definitely going to request greens and twiggy things. I want it to look rustic but still bridal. The top left is a white peony (the pink flowers are the ranunculus), and my florist said both ranunculus and peonies would be available in September.

As for budget, the flowers are going to cost us very little. My florist is up-and-coming and offered 3 people the chance to have their flowers and linens done at cost (for her portfolio), and I was one of the lucky 3!

Next time I visit my parents, she's going to have a complete mockup done to show me in person. I'm very excited.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebree, love your ideas! I had an outdoor ceremony in Sep. also and used roses, cinnamon mini callas, hypernicum berries, etc. with added greenery and it was gorgeous. BM''s carried James-something orchids (James Alexander, James Story? I can''t remember, it''s so late)that were rustic and delicate at the same time in a deep red color and they were also beautiful.

I really love the pinecones! I do have to say that I am not a huge fan of the peonies, though...to me, they are a spring/summer flower, I guess. But I would have to see the whole mock-up to really get a feel for it and have an actual opinion, of course. Can''t wait to see when you post the mock-up!
36.gif
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are smart and lucked out...she is building up her business and you are benefitting. Do you have a feeling for shades of color on the flowers? Meaning, are there other color choices on the specific types of flowers you are choosing? I think it will look gorgeous, and what a boon for you to have gotten the florist at the right time...a win win for both of you!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:07:37 AM
Author: diamondfan
You are smart and lucked out...she is building up her business and you are benefitting. Do you have a feeling for shades of color on the flowers? Meaning, are there other color choices on the specific types of flowers you are choosing? I think it will look gorgeous, and what a boon for you to have gotten the florist at the right time...a win win for both of you!

I was incredibly lucky! Normally I'd be suspicious, but she's a regular poster on a pretty popular wedding website, and she's planning her own wedding in June. Plus, she'll be doing a couple of other weddings before mine, so I'm confident she'll be great.

For shades, I want bright spring greens and pale pinks. Dark browns and creams. The peonies because, well, I just love 'em. Plus, I'm considering brown linens so a crisp white (combined with the green, pink and cream) might be a great contrast.

Monarch: Thanks! I'm not completely sure how the peonies will look with the combo either, but I love how soft they look. I'm hoping they'll add to the texture I'm looking for.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the greens and creams or even light blue with brown...so gorgeous...even adding a touch of gold or copper somehow would be so pretty.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree,
I love the pinecone idea- one of my best friends had beautiful gold pinecone ornaments (on sale after christmas) as favors and laid them out on each plate at the reception and a card attached describing "the legend of the pinecone", which i can''t remember at the moment,but it was something along the lines of frienship/welcoming/etc.

As for flowers, I love what you have and saw that you''d like to bring in some green. This week I was at a florist and saw a photo of a "kermit" - i guess technically it''s a pom-pom/mini carn. but i''m not sure. it''s a gorgeous bright green, very natural looking and really makes the bouqet pop

the photo of it alone doesn''t do it justice but here''s a link (also check out this website, they have endless lists/photos of flowers)
cripes- the site won''t come up right now, i just had it last night.
but it''s www.sierraflowerfinder.com

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
Ebree,

I think that what you have going is going to be dynamite! You are very lucky that your florist is going to do a mockup (that doesn''t often happen unless you literally pay for the mockup). The red berries you posted are hypericum berries just fyi.

Rebecca

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love it, EBree!!!! Flowers, I know, are hard. I am struggling too. But I really love your color combos- love love those peachy flowers, and of coure, the white peonies.....I think its beautiful.
30.gif
Maybe you can incorporate some curly willow branches or something within the centerpiece? I love that look too! That will give you that rustic feel you are looking for!

I have attached a pic for you- since you love the light colors with greens....

pctr.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:28:59 AM
Author: Dani
I love it, EBree!!!! Flowers, I know, are hard. I am struggling too. But I really love your color combos- love love those peachy flowers, and of coure, the white peonies.....I think its beautiful.
30.gif
Maybe you can incorporate some curly willow branches or something within the centerpiece? I love that look too! That will give you that rustic feel you are looking for!

OMG Dani! Did you get that picture from City Blossom''s website??? That picture is on their website and my FI and I were just meeting with them so, I''m familiar with their work after going through their albums. My FI and I decided that we are going to use them and those flowers are exactly the look we want! We want the ivory flowers with subtle greens and then some blue and purple hydrengias!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
italian ruscus would like nice as a mixed combo as its very leafy and outdoorsy!.

ruscus.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your opinions and suggestions, ladies! Dani, I love the greens in that arrangement! I also really like the italian ruscus.

I''m going to send some ideas (including the collage) to my florist and see what she thinks. Any other suggestions or opinions would be incredibly appreciated!
9.gif
I''m so excited.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:20:01 PM
Author: EBree
9.gif
I''m so excited.

EBree, that is so exciting, and I smiled at your message because frankly I thought flowers would be the last thing I''d want to worry about, and it has been the most fun thing for me- I LOVE talking about them with the florists, going over ideas,etc. even with what I thought was a limited budget.

I guess there is a little bit of "girly-girl" in me somewhere
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

ok, i''m looking through my inspiration flower folder to see if i have anything that may help.

i know these aren''t your colors. i was sooo drawn to this for a while. dunno why.

flower-bouquet-romantic.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

PIS-1000000.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i also love love love this bout.

PSbout.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:35:52 AM
Author: blushingbride

Date: 1/25/2007 10:28:59 AM
Author: Dani
30.gif

OMG Dani! Did you get that picture from City Blossom''s website??? That picture is on their website and my FI and I were just meeting with them so, I''m familiar with their work after going through their albums. My FI and I decided that we are going to use them and those flowers are exactly the look we want! We want the ivory flowers with subtle greens and then some blue and purple hydrengias!

Here''s the link to my mock up of my, similar, centerpiece idea (which I did myself, but I used to be a floral designer)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/centerpiece-mock-ups-what-do-you-think.49727/

centerpiece%20mock%20up%201.JPG

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

whitewed1101_04.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

BouqFair Bianca roses and ranunculus.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't have a wedding party and we didn't do floral centerpieces, so the only floral arrangements were my bouquet and hubby's bouts (and bouts for the two Dads since they spoke during the ceremony). Here's my bouquet ... it was *gorgeous* in person!! The bouts were mini callas.
1.gif

ETA: I know it's not very "wild" or "natural" looking, but the colors were sort of similar to what you showed, the whites, peach, and green ...

bouquet_pba.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I think this one shows the colors more accurately (and it''s my avatar
21.gif
)

bouquet_pba_close.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG, you guys are the best! I love the pictures. All of them. Seriously, they're giving me so many ideas. Thank you!

What do you (honestly) think of putting a little 2'' mushroom bird (pictured below) in each centerpiece? We have a bird on our invitations, we'll have two little bird cake-toppers, and I thought adding little birds to the centerpieces might tie everything together and look cute (we might even give the tables bird names). Cute? Tacky?

What do you think? Please, be honest...I haven't made up my mind yet!

mushroombird.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bird idea... I've seen really cool birds made with real (molted) feathers... If you love them... put them in! I once had to wire (I kid you not) little pug ceramic pieces to the casket arrangement of a customer. He bred pugs. It's completely do able... and with the right florist, will look fabulous.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy! The melted feather birds sound cool. I''ll search for them.

Anyone else? Don''t be afraid to tell me what you think, good or bad!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mOlted. I misspelled it the first time out.. what I meant was... ''found feathers''... not feather''s that the birds died to give up. There really are nice look ones available... I''lll look and see what I find this weekend.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 5:26:48 PM
Author: Gypsy
mOlted. I misspelled it the first time out.. what I meant was... ''found feathers''... not feather''s that the birds died to give up. There really are nice look ones available... I''lll look and see what I find this weekend.

Oh! Okay. LOL. Will look for molted feathers...and thank you for looking as well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I googled "birds floral feathers" then "feathered artificial birds"

These looked the nicest... although what you would do with a $75 minimum order requirement-- other than decorate a REALLY cool christmas tree this coming year... I don''t know.

http://www.floralsupply.com/lg_birds.htm
http://www.floralsupply.com/sm_birds.htm

http://www.floralsupply.com/cat.cgi?s=FB20899&c=bird4

fb20899.jpg

fb10399.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, Gypsy! Those little birds at the bottom are adorable and they really well made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results