shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower Gurus Needed! What Kind Of Bouquet To Go With My Dress? (And BMs also?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flower gurus (*cough* Gypsy! *cough*), I need your help, please! My cousin is going to do my centerpieces as a wedding gift (she''s a landscape designer and is very talented so no worries there!) but she doesn''t know how to do bouquets and bouts so I''m going to get those done separately.

The problem is I have no idea what will look good with my dress or my bridesmaids'' dresses! I''ll attach pictures for reference. My dress is a pale pink and my bridesmaids are wearing light pewter dresses. So I was thinking more towards the pastel side would look best? So maybe pinks and purples for the BMs and white for me? Although I think I like color better...but I want it to look good with my dress. Really, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

My dress:

dressdfasfdafds.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridesmaid dresses:

bmdafdsafd.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
oooh...I have a lot of options for you...let me find them.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the horrible quality. This one came from portal films.

1a.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Love this...

Jaycee%20and%20Candy%200671.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
eeek! Sorry bout that.

ja200671.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love pink and white with the bm dresses. I think the same or one color with yours.

morepink.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have more with pastel colors that I will post tomorrow. I just upgraded to vista and its taking me awhile to resize etc.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like EM1's suggestions a lot. I think as far as color, you should do white to contrast with your dress, with maybe a gray/silver ribbon, and a light pink for your BMs that goes with your dress.

I'm ok with making suggestions for color, but I'm going to bow out now when it comes to talking about actual flower varieties...

EM1--are those big things begonias? I think they are awesome!!!

And thing2--when you are walking down the aisle, you're going to have to make sure that you hold the flowers BELOW that awesome embellishment at your waist. Don't worry, I'll remind you closer to the day!
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the feather and peonies!

What are your colors again honey. Do you have one of those collages (sorry I'm not up to date on it!!! Very sorry!)

I'll have to switch computers for you, cause everything is on my home computer, not this one. So, tomorrow night, if you don't mind.

What is the "feel" of your wedding? Your dress is very Grace Kelly elegance and royalty to me. Not in your face... but graceful and just beautiful. It has a formality to it.Does that capture your wedding vibe? Or is your dress a contrast?

Is there whimsy in your wedding? Do you want there to be?

Freke honey... the big things are Peonies. Double ruffle I think they are called (extra full). I ADORE peonies. They are my favorite wedding flower.

I'm thinking of something specific for thing2 though. I have to see if I can find the right picture.

For flowers... do you see multi colored (different pastels), do you see something in one color but with different shades of that color, or solid color?

Do you prefer uniformity (all one flower type), or texture and contrast (different types of flowers)?

And What does you wedding hair, and you jewelry for that gorgeous gown look like?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Peonies...are so fab. for wedding bouquets as long as they aren''t too full. I also think they should be the same size and somewhat hand opened but that is just my opinion. I totally have an amazing picture of a white bouquet with silver leaf and ribbon accents but I have to find it. I''ll be back.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here it is: hydrangea and dusty miller

bquet01l.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
GREAT dresses!
How about this!

fvdac fd.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This is always a great idea. Give each bridesmaid a one type of flower bouquet in pink. A friend of mine did this and it was so cute.

pinkmaid2l.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
pastels with a little purple

dewewq.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
White feathery goodness

ffeeaatthheerrss.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
this could be the PERFECT one for your dress

kjzfc .jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
a pastel bouquet....unlike the others..fuller with some green

ssssssbouquet.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
bridesmaids bouquet idea that would compliment your dress

ttbridesmaidbouq.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Hope that helps!!!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Thing, can you put up a link or give us info on the rest of the scene? I wonder if a light pink bouquet would just get lost in front of you. You are a very cutting edge lady who isn't down with the mainstream. We need to know what else is going on in terms of decor and then go from there. The bm dresses would look great with vivid colors, as would your dress. Think it over! (but so says the dark purple/hot pink/berries/mint carrying bride)

What I'm saying is, your dress is slammin' on its own. Do you want to go traditional, or as G said, whimsical, or moderne, retro-moderne? We need color info too please.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
These are called "esperanza" roses. Ginormous-headed, ivory with bright pink edges:

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
oops, didn''t attach:

esrose.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Peachy/pink combo?

5-28-06%20Bridal%20Bouquet.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thank you all! I can''t believe I have so many great suggestions already! Let me give a little more info on the wedding.

The ceremony and reception will be in a museum ballroom in a converted tobacco warehouse, so lots of dark wood everywhere. I don''t have a ton of pictures of the venue but I''ll post a little collage I got off the place''s website. That''s all they have in the way of pictures, unfortunately.

My colors are...pink and silver I guess? My dress is pink, my shoes (which will show) are really sparkly silver high heel sandals, the BMs are wearing silver, the flower girls (2 of them-1 age 6, 1 age 8) will wear white. At the reception I''m going to do white tablecloths and chair covers and I plan on having my cousin do really pretty, colorful centerpieces to contrast the white and dark wood. I haven''t met with her yet to discuss it, but that''s the plan!

It is going to be fairly formal (black tie optional) but still a relaxed vibe, hopefully. And I am definitely not super traditional so I''m open to anything, really! And I probably would like a slightly less traditional looking bouquet because I think my dress isn''t super traditional. And Freke-I was also thinking that about the brooch thing on my dress! I actually thought maybe I shouldn''t carry a bouquet but I do like them, so I want to!

receptiondfasdjjjjjj.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Boo... what''s with the x??

I hope this one works, quick photoshop

dress6569.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I am definitely open to colorful bouquets, especially since the BM dresses are so muted! My dress is very pale pink, though, so I was wondering if brights would look good with it? But I think maybe bright purple flowers could be good? And here are some flowers I liked that I found on Design Sponge. I''m going to show them to my cousin to give her inspiration for my centerpieces, but they could be cool bouquet flowers too, maybe.

sarah_posasdfasdfa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results