shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower Gurus Needed! What Kind Of Bouquet To Go With My Dress? (And BMs also?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm... different. Here''s one I found:
I;ll look for purple next

bpuq444.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
If you are going to go that route, I love this one:

rusticbouquet.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
^^ I like that one, Emerald!^^

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
anemones:
I like the top left one... very chic!

AnemoneBoard.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:05:41 AM
Author: Lynnie
^^ I like that one, Emerald!^^
I''m glad cause that is the photo I gave to my florist for my bridesmaid bouquets.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
OK, last one for now... I GTG!

ane345.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:07:06 AM
anemones:

A HUGE ditto on the white french anemones. I was looking for a good bouquet photo of french anemones, and Lynnie beat me to it!! I think a simple bouquet (like the one in the middle of the photo montage Lynnie posted) would be absolutely stunning with your dress!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:26:28 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 3/14/2009 10:07:06 AM
anemones:

A HUGE ditto on the white french anemones. I was looking for a good bouquet photo of french anemones, and Lynnie beat me to it!! I think a simple bouquet (like the one in the middle of the photo montage Lynnie posted) would be absolutely stunning with your dress!!
The only issue is that anemones are extreamly hard to find! Maybe its just the area that I''m in... NYC/hudson valley but every florist that I talked to had a hard time committing to getting them. They come in so many colors its just a shame not to have them available. That is my only concern otherwise they are great.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, even more! I had to run out for a few and I came back to a ton more gorgeous pics!

Em1-I love the first one you posted with the peonies and feathers and the other ones, too! Those peonies are very cool-kind of the same vibe as the ranunculas I got off Design Sponge. I also love the one you are basing your BM bouquets off of, too. Bummer about anemones being hard to find, though...that makes me think they''re also $$$!

glueck-I LOVE the idea of having the BMs each have a different bouquet...very cool! And since the dresses are so simple I think that would be a great way to mix it up a little! I love the ones you posted, too. Thank you!

Lynnie, wow, love them all but I really love the anemones! And thank you for the photoshopping-that was genius! I think those are the same type of flower as the ranunculas, right? I thought I read that in the Design Sponge story.

Man I love BWW-there is always someone who''s an expert on something I have a question about! Please keep ''em coming-I am loving all the photos and they''re making me really excited about my wedding! (My BMs ordered their dresses this week, too, so it''s becoming very real to me!)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, just had a random thought. What if the look of the bouquet mimicked the look of the brooch thing on the front of my dress? Here's the closest picture I have of it. So sort of like different sizes and shapes of flowers? I don't know...just a vague idea!

broochcloseupdsfas.jpg

oct2009

Rough_Rock
Ditto the ditto on the anemonies or peonies with darker centers--you''re going to need some contrast with your light dress to add some drama. Someone posted gerbera daisies a bit further up, which seem a bit casual compared to your dress and venue. What about round zinnias in a deep wine or deep blue/purple/wine hydrangea?

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I thought in a completely different direction considering the drama of the dress with the embellishment. I''d hate to hide that brooch and since you had mentioned not carrying a bouquet at all, I thought that you might be comfortable with something along the lines of a nosegay or tussie mussie. Plus, you could incorporate the silver color in a tussie mussie holder. I wouldn''t make it tiny because I''d want it to be in balance, but just not overwhelm the dress, you know?

TF171_03_EH.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
With holder.

tussie.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Different look.

mussie.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 2:11:11 PM
Author: Honey228
Different look.
Interesting! I''ve never seen one of those before!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dress says very sophisticated and elegant to me. Some of the flowers I''ve seen on the thread looked too informal to me. Some looked like they''d go well with a more old-fashioned theme (like an antique lace dress). So my vote is sophisticated and elegant for your bouquet!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hadn''t even thought of doing a smaller bouquet...those are really cool, Honey. Thanks for posting them! And I love the little holders!

oct2009, thanks for the ditto on the anemones-I really like those so hopefully a florist around here can find some! And I''m going to google zinnias because I have no idea what those look like!

diamondseeker, what says sophisticated and elegant to you in flowers? I think that''s my problem...I know the vibe of my dress but I don''t know what flowers match the vibe!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:21:19 AM
Author: Gypsy
I love the feather and peonies!

What are your colors again honey. Do you have one of those collages (sorry I''m not up to date on it!!! Very sorry!)

I''ll have to switch computers for you, cause everything is on my home computer, not this one. So, tomorrow night, if you don''t mind.

What is the ''feel'' of your wedding? Your dress is very Grace Kelly elegance and royalty to me. Not in your face... but graceful and just beautiful. It has a formality to it.Does that capture your wedding vibe? Or is your dress a contrast?

Is there whimsy in your wedding? Do you want there to be?

Freke honey... the big things are Peonies. Double ruffle I think they are called (extra full). I ADORE peonies. They are my favorite wedding flower.

I''m thinking of something specific for thing2 though. I have to see if I can find the right picture.

For flowers... do you see multi colored (different pastels), do you see something in one color but with different shades of that color, or solid color?

Do you prefer uniformity (all one flower type), or texture and contrast (different types of flowers)?

And What does you wedding hair, and you jewelry for that gorgeous gown look like?

Gypsy, I didn''t answer all your questions so I''m going to do it now!

Feel: formal but laid back...not too serious. Although I am definitely excited to get married I am not at all the "My Special Day!" type of bride if that makes sense. So whimsy is welcome! My dress is actually more whimsical than it looks in the picture...it has a bubble hem and is shorter in the front so it will show my shoes...and it has pockets!

For flowers, I would like probably multi-colored and texture and contrast IF it will look nice with my dress.

No idea yet on the wedding hair, other than probably pulled back totally in front and some kind of simple updo in the back, more bun like and not a french twist or anything. (Maybe I should make a thread asking for help on that, too!) My earrings are these awesome vintage emerald and round cut "diamond" rhinestone danglers that aren''t too long. I''ll probably wear a rhinestone bracelet too, if I can find one. The rhinestones go really well with the brooch thing, which is big clear "diamond" rhinestones covered in tulle. And I''m not going to wear a necklace.

Thanks for helping me out...I know you have mad flower skillz,
3.gif
so I can''t wait to see what you think will be good!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here are a couple of my favorites, first one that I found posted on here a while back...

viburnum flowers love pink shimmer.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 4:06:33 PM
Author: thing2of2
I hadn't even thought of doing a smaller bouquet...those are really cool, Honey. Thanks for posting them! And I love the little holders!

oct2009, thanks for the ditto on the anemones-I really like those so hopefully a florist around here can find some! And I'm going to google zinnias because I have no idea what those look like!

diamondseeker, what says sophisticated and elegant to you in flowers? I think that's my problem...I know the vibe of my dress but I don't know what flowers match the vibe!
I would say those that have the super pale pink roses combined with some white roses..those gorgeous old looking roses.

glueck #1 and #5 photos on the first page

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And this will be my bouquet!

shimmerbouquet.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
another
9.gif

shimmerbouquet2.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:50:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 3/14/2009 4:06:33 PM

I hadn''t even thought of doing a smaller bouquet...those are really cool, Honey. Thanks for posting them! And I love the little holders!

oct2009, thanks for the ditto on the anemones-I really like those so hopefully a florist around here can find some! And I''m going to google zinnias because I have no idea what those look like!

diamondseeker, what says sophisticated and elegant to you in flowers? I think that''s my problem...I know the vibe of my dress but I don''t know what flowers match the vibe!

I would say those that have the super pale pink roses combined with some white roses..those gorgeous old looking roses.

glueck #1 and #5 photos on the first page

Those are gorgeous...thanks for following up! I need to narrow things down because I have yet to see an ugly bouquet here and I like them all!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
shimmer, your bouquet is going to be GORGEOUS. Thanks for posting-I love it! Does yours come with a real live butterfly, too?
3.gif
I love that picture!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the anemone photo I was looking for earlier today. I also noticed some anemones in the table arrangements you posted.
30.gif

white french anemone bouquet lv.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, thanks Loves Vintage! I LOVE those flowers...they are the coolest flowers ever!

Question-do you think the black centers will look good with my dress still? I would probably mix them with other flowers, too, so the black centers probably wouldn''t be as obvious. I really love those!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another bouquet that I just adore! You may not be after these colors, but I think it''s really interesting how the long green (not sure what that is) gives the bouquet an edge.

funky bouquet lv.JPG

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 7:40:43 PM
Oooh, thanks Loves Vintage! I LOVE those flowers...they are the coolest flowers ever!

Question-do you think the black centers will look good with my dress still? I would probably mix them with other flowers, too, so the black centers probably wouldn''t be as obvious. I really love those!

Hold on one second . . . I have a link for you!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a link that has a bride with an all anemone bouquet, so you can see better how they look from a distance and against her dress.

Anemones

I would probably want to mix in other flowers as well because I love so many different kinds of flowers that I just wouldn''t be able to decide. I have to say weeding through all of the photos and deciding which to use as inspiration was an almost painful process for me, as bad as the dress search, really!

I am really terrible with color and knowing what goes with what, but I have one more photo to post, and I think you''re going to like it. Just a few minutes . . .

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn''t save the photo, so I''m posting the link. http://blog.karentran.com/?paged=2 Scroll down to the third bouquet photo (pictured on a chair). It''s a mixed bouquet with some anemones. So delicate and beautiful. I''d skip the feathers, personally, although they obviously add some charm and complement the softness of the bouquet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results