shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower drama

les12

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh I need to vent! My wedding is in 2 days. I ordered flowers in bulk online which I am having someone arrange for me. So I chose beautiful garden roses, ordered them several weeks ago. Great. Last week (friday) they called and said half the flowers did not bloom so they couldn''t send them. All other replacement garden roses were sold out because it''s mothers day. AHHH.

So then, they called monday and said they DO have 144 roses (the exact amount we needed) and they would be here wednesday (today). So tuesday they called and said no wait they''ll be here thursday. My florist who is arranging them thought they''d all be here wednesday so tomorrow she won''t be home to sign for them!! We called about having the package changed to where they don''t need a signiture and guess what?!?! THEY AREN''T BEING SHIPPED!!!!! They were like "Oh, well maybe we can have them there on friday" which is the wedding day! There is no way she can prepare them that day because she lives 1.5 hrs away from us and it''s already going to be a feat to get them here on time. Soooooo basically we have less than half the flowers we need.

The icing on the cake is the fact that my period came yesterday.

Soo... any ideas for some last minute table centerpieces??

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long shot, but do you have another source near you? I know Whole Foods and others can get some beautiful flowers pretty fast. (they might even have something you could use in stock)

Candles are beautiful.

Delicate branches as centerpieces can be pretty and elegent (or laid back depending on how you do it)

Are there areas where you could do a single bud vase as a simple & elegent centerpiece?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you got your money back!

I second TP, head out to your local Whole Foods and see what they have. I did the flowers for a wedding last year and they all came from Whole foods.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about some edible centerpieces?

I''ve seen some great pictures (I''ll post if I can find) of different clear containers with candy as centerpieces. (also seen this with colored rocks & citrus fruit)

les12

Shiny_Rock
We''re checking all over right now. The problem is finding the correct quantity. We have 12 tables which were going to utilize 12 roses per each arrangement so that right there is 144. We can do without but they are large tables so I wanted something considerably substantial to be on each one. I know I know we''ll be married and happy either way:) but darn it I wanted this to work out!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they have to be roses? Could you use some other sort of filler like hydrangea?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this sucks. There''s just no other word for it.

les12, what is the overall feeling or theme of your wedding, and what are your wedding colors?

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:02:03 PM
Author: les12
We''re checking all over right now. The problem is finding the correct quantity. We have 12 tables which were going to utilize 12 roses per each arrangement so that right there is 144. We can do without but they are large tables so I wanted something considerably substantial to be on each one. I know I know we''ll be married and happy either way:) but darn it I wanted this to work out!!
If push comes to shove and you can''t find enough of the same flower, do 12 different arrangements and name the tables after them.

I''m so very sorry this has happened.
8.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would something like this work for you?

If you''ve got a few spots this would work, it would help spread out the flowers you have.

centerpiecelarge_image.jpg

les12

Shiny_Rock
I had such beautiful flowers picked out, y''all! I am so bummed!! My colors are pale peach, ivory and gold. So I was going to use some pale peach and ivory garden roses. We have 120, which is enough for bridal party and 2 large arrangements. I''m still searching locally. I don''t want to change the vision I had for the look of the flowers so I don''t want to move too far from the colors I picked out but you wouldn''t believe how difficult it is to find pale peach flowers. I really dislike the look of regular roses but I doubt I''ll have much of a choice.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Are silk flowers out of the question?

les12

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:15:51 PM
Author: KittyGolightly

Nothing is out of the question! I''m off to Whole Foods and Hobby Lobby to look for options. Wish me luck!! (Of course I picked Mothers'' Day weekend for my wedding - should have known flowers would be hard to come by!!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Blooms by the Box?

I just looked at their website a bit more and they offer same day shipping. They might have something you can use.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:17:35 PM

Date: 5/5/2010 1:15:51 PM
Author: KittyGolightly

Nothing is out of the question! I'm off to Whole Foods and Hobby Lobby to look for options. Wish me luck!! (Of course I picked Mothers' Day weekend for my wedding - should have known flowers would be hard to come by!!)
Definitely check out craft stores for ideas .. at this point, I'm thinking either big candle arrangements (i.e. tall glass cylinders w/floating candles), or plants/small trees w/flowers are your best choices (if you can find flowering plants you like).

Good luck!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a garden center nearby? A garden center is already stocked with flowers and, if necessary, can call around to other sources to help get what you want or figure out what would work in a pinch. FI and I were at one a couple of weeks ago when I got the idea to ask employees there for centerpiece ideas. We were pleased that the employees were enthusiastic and had some great ideas.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
At least you are getting some warning!

None of my flowers - except my bouquet (which was beautiful!) - showed up on my wedding day! I only knew that about an hour before the ceremony. Fortunately I immediately thought of all the money I had just saved..and was so excited about my day I really was not too bothered by it at all.

With some ingenuity we had people at the resort run around finding flower arrangements, vases and other such things to decorate the ceremony room with and it really looked almost planned that way. Fortunately we had our dinner in the resort dining room - the staff there just arranged a lovely large table (we only had 18 people including us so no worries there) for us by the fireplace - there were no flowers on the table but there were plenty of candles and vases and and there was a lovely warm glow over the whole table. And again, I was just too excited to care that things were not as planned.

I think you have received some great suggestions so far on what to do. I know it is disappointing but really try to let it be just the hiccup it is. I think you can find something else just as lovely and no one will be any the wiser (unless you tell them!).

les12

Shiny_Rock
My prayers have been answered!! We are only short 48 roses, they were able to get the rest in for tomorrow. I feel like I can handle any upset now though because I mentally prepared myself for a flower-less wedding haha. Thanks for all of the fabulous suggestions, I really really appreciate it! Now I just need to return all the vases and curly willow I just bought...

Thanks again and hopefully it will be smooth sailing until friday:)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 3:11:52 PM
My prayers have been answered!! We are only short 48 roses, they were able to get the rest in for tomorrow. I feel like I can handle any upset now though because I mentally prepared myself for a flower-less wedding haha. Thanks for all of the fabulous suggestions, I really really appreciate it! Now I just need to return all the vases and curly willow I just bought...

Thanks again and hopefully it will be smooth sailing until friday:)
Glad it worked out.

Who did you order from originally?

les12

Shiny_Rock
I ordered from www.fiftyflowers.com and I''m sure they do a great job usually but this past week has been a real nightmare. Very poor customer service and a major lack of communication! I most definitely will not be using them again, and if you choose to use them please be cautious!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 5:30:20 PM
I ordered from www.fiftyflowers.com and I''m sure they do a great job usually but this past week has been a real nightmare. Very poor customer service and a major lack of communication! I most definitely will not be using them again, and if you choose to use them please be cautious!!
Thanks for the warning.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 5:30:20 PM

I was going to ask you about this. Thinking of ordering from them too! (but not for the wedding)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry (but glad that this worked out-sort of) and hope that you have a lovely stessfree day tomorrow!!!

I used fiftyflowers for my wedding in October and they were great! but I imagine it''s crazy with flower supplies on holiday weekends. That is really disappointing that you had such a bad experience!

congrats, and best wishes for tomrorow!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 1:02:17 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I''m so sorry (but glad that this worked out-sort of) and hope that you have a lovely stessfree day tomorrow!!!

I used fiftyflowers for my wedding in October and they were great! but I imagine it''s crazy with flower supplies on holiday weekends. That is really disappointing that you had such a bad experience!

congrats, and best wishes for tomrorow!
Do you have any pictures how your flowers turned out? I would love to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results