shape
carat
color
clarity

Florist Quote

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
heya girls

We met with our florist and this is what she quoted us for our "Bridal Party" Flowers. I received a separate quote for ceremony and reception arrangements as well.
What do you all think?
I'm absolutley clueless when it comes to flowers
3.gif
... do you think we're getting a good deal?

BTW, our parents are divorced (and some of their parents are too
14.gif
) so that's why we have 5 "grandmothers", 4 "fathers"... etc.
Thanks, ladies!

Attendants

Bride:
(a nosegay bouquet with a 3/4 wrap in your dress color, fabric would most likely be DuPioni silk. the bouquet will have movement and textures, not a tight round mound of floral)
Consisting Of:
• 12 golden gate roses, opened heads
• 10 fuchsia mini calla lilies
• 5 white cymbidium orchids with the raspberry throat
• Small groups of stephanotis with white pearl centers.
• 3 small groups of green dendrobium orchid heads with the fuchsia throat
• Palm leaves, most probably single fronds, or small groups of 3 fronds .

Maid of Honor:
( a nosegay bouquet with a 3/4 wrap in the dress fabric, slate blue with a navy 1/4" french braided ribbon overlay)
Consisting Of:
• 6 fuchsia roses, opened.
• 6 fuchsia carnations
• 5 yellow gerbera daisies natural centers.
• 8 small groups of green dendrobium orchids with the fuchsia throat.
• small fronds of palm leaves.

(2) Bridesmaids:
(nosegay bouquets with 3/4 wraps in the dress fabric, slate blue.)
Consisting Of:
• 6 fuchsia roses, opened.
• 6 fuchsia carnations
• 5 yellow gerbera daisies natural centers.
• 8 small groups of green dendrobium orchids with the fuchsia throat.
• small fronds of palm leaves.

(1) Jr. Bridesmaid:
(a small nosegay bouquet with a 3/4 wrap in the dress fabric, slate blue)
Consisting Of:
• 3 fuchsia roses, opened.
• 2 fuchsia carnations
• 3 yellow gerbera daisies with natural center
• 3 small groups of green dendrobium orchids.
• palm leaf fronds

(1) Flower Girl:
(flower petals)

Groom:
White? Mini calla lily with a palm leaf frond and a black wrap

(2) Groomsmen:
Yellow mini calla lily with a palm leaf frond and a black wrap

(2) Jr. Groomsmen:
Yellow mini calla lily with a palm leaf frond and a black wrap

(1) Ringbearer:
3 white stephanotis with a black wrap

Family

(4) Dads:
Green orchids with fuchsia throat and black wraps

(2) Grandfathers:
Yellow roses with palm leaf fronds

(3) Mothers:
Wrist corsages of fuchsia and green dendrobium orchids and crystals

(5) Grandmothers, (1) great aunt:
Wrist corsages of yellow spray roses, pearls and lace

BRIDAL QUOTE: $620.00

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
In my area that is an INCREDIBLE price for a bridal party quote. We paid over double that for
1 bride
2 MOH
2 Bridesmaids
2 Mothers
2 Fathers
5 Groomsmen

But it also depends on the flowers used and whatnot, and I picked some obscure flowers. But still I think your quote is extremely reasonable!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds reasonable to me. But then again, I don''t know squat about flowers either (we eloped w/no flowers)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I was expecting the quote to be closer to $1200 for that amount of work and flowers. Then again, I live in an inflated wedding cost area. I think thats a really reasonable quote!

Might as well get one more quote just to make sure that its the best you can do.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I added it up based on ours and got to $615. Bridal bouquests usu run $100-150, bridesmaids $75ish, and the corsages are pricier than you would think. I think the price is reasonable. If you need to cut somewhere, maybe you could subsitute something a bit cheaper for the calla lillies or orchids?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
that sounds like an amazing price for those bouquets! esp with roses and orchids, etc. they sound beautiful!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

hey, j, i know nothing about floral quotes...umm, i need to get on ours like asap. but, how are you? how did the ceremony go? i was really hoping everything went wonderfully for you & would love an update!

*sorry to threadjack*

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Jaylex! so glad to see you! Please give us an update on how you and your DH (FI?) are doing!

That is an amazing quote on flowers! Really, I expected you to have $1500 at the bottom of your quote.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Haha.. thanks everyone.
I'm super excited about our flowers! I'm thinking they will give the "pop" of color I'm looking for with my girl's slate blue dresses! I live in Ohio (Cleve area) and from what I have heard, I'm getting a good price but I know nothing about flowers so I wanted to see what you guys thought!

Sorry I haven't been online in awhile. I've been super busy and we didn't have internet our first few days in our new place.
but here's a mini-update:

DHFI is great. the "ceremony" was us walking in to our church, chatting with our pastor, saying "I Do", Pastor validated the license and said a prayer for us and we hugged him and left. It took literally 5 minutes lol. I cried a little bit... nothing like the sobbing tears I was expecting, but looking at DFH as he said his vows was just so "neat" (at a loss for a better word). And I'm pretty sure he was almost crying lol.

After that, his BM took us and my MOH dinner. The four of us are all really close... BM drove two hours after taking his MCAT's just to go to dinner with us! That was a really a lot of fun.
Then Fi and I checked into a hotel nearby the restaurant and I got us upgraded to a jacuzzi suite
36.gif
. (the front desk girl was super nice to us because we were "newly-weds", she even gave us a discount and our "suite" cost about 25% less than our original room would have!) lol
We had a few hours of "alone time" and then our BM and MOH called us to "see how we were doing". So we invited them to our suite and we had such a blast! They brought us wine and champagne and we all hung out in the hot tub until they left at about 1 am. The next morning, I went into work and he played a few games of baseball lol.
Then, after 6 agonizing nights of having to sleep apart at our respective parents houses, we moved out on our own. FREEDOM!!!

I'm so glad we went through with getting married. I feel so much less pressure for our wedding to be "perfect" and it's so nice to finally be on our own. We haven't been fighting or stressing and I'm finally sleeping through the night again! Our friends are super supportive of our decision and can't wait to celebrate with us at our "wedding". (we told our close family and friends and the wedding vendors we've booked so far... we didn't feel like friends of the family, who we only see a couple times a year, were in the "need to know" category).

My mother sincerely apologized for what she did.. She was crying. that sucked. But we've been able to move past it and she's super excited to go dress shopping with me, her mom and my dad’s mom in a couple of weeks.

Fi's mom still hates me but plays nice because she knows there's "nothing she can do about it".
11.gif

We booked a videographer yesterday, we are meeting with photogs, djs, photobooth people this week... and I can't wait to get all of this planning finalized!

And I'm really tired right now so I'm going to say "goodnight" to all of you and sign off. Let me know if I left something out or if you ladies think of any questions... I'll try to get back on PS tomorrow on my day off.

Adios!
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results