shape
carat
color
clarity

FLOATING/SCRATHES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JUST4ME

Rough_Rock
I just received my E-Ring 1ct round.....My fiancee and myself just noticed some VERY strange changes to my DIAMOND yesterday-(only the 7day I have worn it).....I appears to have NEW - scratches and floating looking scratches....these NEW things can only be seen from the side veiw....it is sooo weird to US both - its like the diamond has cracked or something???? Where do we start - what should we do? He bought the ring at a locat retail Jewelry store???? Please HELP....we are both very UPSET!!!!!

If we look at the diamond from the top we can not see all that other stuff????? We just don''t know what to think????
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Are they inclusions that you didn't notice before? From reading information on this site I have learned that visible inclusions can be seen from the side. What is the clarity on your diamond?

JUST4ME

Rough_Rock
WE KNOW these marks/floating - were NOT there before -- that is what is SOOOO strange --- it looks terrible ---

Clarity I
Near Colorless
F-G
IGI ???

THANKS!
cry.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Before you panic, is it possible that it just got dirty? Clean if really well under hot soapy water or windex with a clean toothbrush and see if it goes away. If not, if the stone graded SI1 or lower, it could be eye-clean from the top, but display inclusions from the side. Did you both take a very good look at the side view with a loupe before you purchased the stone? I know that a friend of mine had the very same experience of choosing a diamond, and didn't see the flaws as clearly at first, then was a bit disappointed later. If that is the case for you, then maybe you could check with the store to see if they have a replacement/exchange policy. It's always worth a try.

Good luck
Caratgirl

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just read your last post...with an I clarity, you are actually pretty lucky not to see anything from the top. You probably got a pretty good deal. But, like I said, talk to the jeweler about an upgrade if it upsets you that much. I personally think that know one is going to be looking from the side view except yourself.

JUST4ME

Rough_Rock

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/girdle-reflection-t3285.html

The floating inclusions sound like what is described in the above link and is the reflection of the girdle and quite normal in a diamond.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the floater looks like a separation plain with a little curve to it and seems a little darker than the diamond itself, it is likely the reflaction of the girdle of the diamond when examined from the side view of the pavilion. If you are seeing this with the stone facing you, then thiswould not be the case, but if it is from a side examination, then the girdle view is likely the culprit and of no concern. We have seen this many times and know how upsetting this sudden onset of a visible inclusion can be...

JUST4ME

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply:

SO you are saying these were PROBABLY there when He purchased the ring??? BUT WHY are they ALL the SUDDEN soooo noticable to BOTH of US????

Could it be bec. I have been wearing the ring and it is dirty which could make them more noticable???? THANKS AGAIN!

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Any diamond of I clarity is bound to be full of inclusions. There's a strong chance you weren't looking for them when you bought it, but now that you've had time to stare at the diamond for awhile they are becoming apparent. Was there a grading report with the diamond? GIA and AGS grading reports plot the inclusions on a chart.

If you look at the diamond under a 10x loupe and see inclusions, they were undoubtedly there when you bought it, you just didn't notice them at the time.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hey Just, here's a thread where some pictures were posted showing the girdle reflection when looking at the diamond from the side.

Take a look and see if that's what you're noticing.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/girdle-reflection.3285/

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I've noticed that my diamond looks a whole lot different in the jewelers light, than in any other light.
Chances are that everything you're seeing now, was there when you looked at it, and now with a little dirt, and different lighting, it's real obvious.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results