shape
carat
color
clarity

Flex Spending Accts: who can you pay with it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I know this is used to offset costs for childcare (up to 5K this year), but what if you have a family member watching your child who you reimburse for various costs (time, gas, food)? Can it be used for that and has anyone tried?

From what I read it's possible so long as the family member is not a dependent, but seems too good to be true. And I'm not sure what I'd submit to verify payment.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would think that if you are considering your family member as your main child care provider, then yes, you could use your flex spending to cover their costs.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your day care expenses have to be incurred to enable you to work (babysitting so you can go to the movies is not eligible). It doesn''t matter if it''s a relative but that person has to claim the money they earn on their taxes as income. Your employer should be able to give you all the details about how to submit a claim and what''s covered. You have to turn in receipts to verify payment and fill out a claim form. I believe your childcare provider can include mileage but not their food.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results