shape
carat
color
clarity

Flawless (And thank you all so much for your help!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauloyd

Rough_Rock
Well my fiance''s ring is nearly flawless on her finger, and the proposal after months of agony was equally perfect. Despite her even knowing it was going to go down very soon, I managed to surprise her and bring her to tears. It was well worth the wait. For those of you reading my posts and responding before, I just wanted to say thank you for all your kind words, tough words, and overall very helpful assistance. I truly believe my engagement would not have been so perfect if not for my participiation in these threads.

The proposal for those who are interested:

To attempt and try and still surprise my fiance (thats fun to say. :o) ) I came up with a system of clues she got to figure out which lead us to several places taht had meaning throughout our relationship. This was spread out over months while I waited to clear up the whole thing with her Mom. During this time I also ''accidentally'' revealed that there are 3 clues left that will lead to the when and where it will be done. Once she gave me the green light I told her that on Friday night we would be going to the next clue.

I took her to a rooftop restaurant in DC that is normally closed in the fall but they are now keeping it open by covering it and using heaters. Despire the fact that it rained all day, neither of us minded and it was still a great view and great atmosphere. While up there, we had desserts and wine and I gave her the next clue. It was presented in a gift bag she had give me over a year ago that has a just married couple on it. She had written on the tag that this would be us some day. She thought it was sweet I kept the bag and inside she dug and found a box (also one she had given me 2 years ago) which contained a poem inside. She thought this was the clue. I told her to please read the poem/clue out loud. So she did. As she began to read it, I slippeed my hand into my pocket to get the ring, un-noticed. The poem was filled with rhyming couplets, and the last line was missing and rhyme with eeeee. Before she even realized the line was missing, I was down on my knee - finishing the poem with Will You Marry Me?

Before she was saying Yes! I was slipping the ring on her finger. She started to happy cry and told me she could not BELIEVE that I managed to surprise her and she had been sure I was going to do it the next day. She thought it was all so perfect and we called her Mom and shared the news with her. She was so happy for us, and after all the trauma, it was just a wonderful moment for everyone. I am so glad my sweetheart gets to have all this happiness after all the stress. The weight of the world is off her shoulders. And now I"m going to be her husband. :o)

Thanks again for all your help!

ring%20huge.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
And now I''m going to be her husband. :o)
Ahhhhh, there''s a sentence to bring joy to any romantic''s heart. Many, many congratulations to you Paul and I wish you and your bride health and happiness for the rest of your long lives together.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well done!
36.gif

Kinda makes me get all misty.....
39.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 4:25:29 PM
Author: goldengirl
Well done!
36.gif

Kinda makes me get all misty.....
39.gif

I know. Glad I have tissue. That was so sweet. Very cute. I can''t get over you saving the bag and the box.
36.gif
36.gif

180q

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the proposal and for keeping it a surprise! Care to share the name of the place in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results