shape
carat
color
clarity

Flatware Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering... do most of you have (or registered for) steak knives like Henckles or whatever or did you get steak knives in the same pattern as your flatware? I THINK I want to get the steak knives that match my flatware but I''m not sure.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We are deciding between the Henckels and Calphalon steak knives at the moment, so ours will likely not match the flatware. Also, our flatware pattern does not appear to offer steak knives, so we didn''t have much of a choice
1.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t even know that it was an option. I''d go for steak knives that match my flatware personally.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 8:40:27 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
I didn''t even know that it was an option. I''d go for steak knives that match my flatware personally.
I don''t think its an option for ALL flatware but it is for our set... the Oneida Prose. The only problem I see is that I don''t know how well the steak knives will cut compared to a set of henckles or whatever.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match, but they kinda coordinate. They''re all silver no black or wooden handle and kinda sleek/curvy as is our flatware. We also have a wooden set, though. It just depends on the atmosphere for which I get out. I don''t think matching your steak knives is really all that important - I would just get the best quality for the budget that you''re comfortable with. When you have guests (or when you and your DH are eating alone), not many people think "yuck, this doesn''t match!" but they will think "eek! this doesn''t cut!!" ;-)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure what we are going to do yet. Ours does not have coordinating steak knives but Crate and Barrel has some nice all silver ones. I would like something that I know is going to last.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 11:36:51 PM
Author: Blair138
I''m not sure what we are going to do yet. Ours does not have coordinating steak knives but Crate and Barrel has some nice all silver ones. I would like something that I know is going to last.
Ditto to those Crate and Barrel ones. We just registered for them and they look great with our flatware (also from there!)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We registered for steak knives at C&B but we didn''t get them (and we still haven''t gotten them ourselves). Our flatware came from C&B also, and while we weren''t going for a matching look, it turned out that they would have coordinated pretty well.

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 10:59:10 PM
Author: Elmorton
Ours don''t match, but they kinda coordinate. They''re all silver no black or wooden handle and kinda sleek/curvy as is our flatware. We also have a wooden set, though. It just depends on the atmosphere for which I get out. I don''t think matching your steak knives is really all that important - I would just get the best quality for the budget that you''re comfortable with. When you have guests (or when you and your DH are eating alone), not many people think ''yuck, this doesn''t match!'' but they will think ''eek! this doesn''t cut!!'' ;-)

Ditto about the cutting ability. I would much rather have a knife that cuts well and doesn''t perfectly match my set than one that shreds my steak and looks pretty.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My set of Oneida is nearly 10 years old. I had to replace the steak knives at least 3 years ago.

FWIW.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the better quality knives like Henkels or Wusthof. Those will probably last you a very long time if you take care of them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results