shape
carat
color
clarity

FI''s engagement TV just got delivered!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I have the day off from work so we decided to have FI''s engagement present delivered! I took pictures, but my camera batteries just died. As soon as the batteries are done charging I''ll upload them. We ended up going with this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705771&st=samsung+56&type=product&id=1138085296639

The guy at best buy told us we can''t turn it on for a few hours after it gets delivered because it''s a DLP and it''ll cause condensation unless the tv is at room temperature. I want to turn it on so bad though! I think FI is going to come home for lunch to play with it
1.gif

Yay tv!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!! how exciting!!!!

Do you have your HD box from the cable company yet? and your HDMI cables??? That will give you something to do while you wait for it to come to room temp.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
FI says we don''t need the HDMI cable yet. Not sure why, but I don''t know if I''ll be able to tell the difference anyway, so I''ll leave that up to him. We don''t have HD cable yet, but I have a feeling we''ll be getting t fairly soon. We do, however, have a blu-ray copy of talladega nights and I''m pretty sure that a lot of non-cable channels broadcast in hd, like fox, so we should be able to watch the second half of the 24 premier in hd tonight!!! I know my parents get an hd fox in pittsburgh and they don''t even have cable, so I''m assuming that we''ll be able to get that too.

Here are the pics:

tv!-006.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think my camera needs to be cleaned. I''m trying to convince FI that we need some book shelves or something to put on either side of the tv to make it seem more like an entertainment center instead of just a tv. Plus, then we could put the speakers on the shelves and we wouldn''t have those awful wires. I HATE them. Ugh. Seriously, next thing we''re buying is wireless speakers.

tv!-007.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so upset! After waiting 2 hours for the tv to warm up to room temperature it doesn''t turn on!
39.gif
. FI made a special trip home from work for lunch and the damn thing won''t turn on! We called the delivery service and they said they can send a tech but not until tomorrow at the earliest. We paid extra to have this thing delivered today! He''s been on hold with Best Buy for about 10 minutes now, but he just left to go back to work since his lunch break is over. He said he''ll call me and let me know what they say. I''m so upset. I''ve spent my whole day off dealing with this stupid tv.

We bought the stand there yesterday and when we got it home and took it out of the box we noticed that one of the corners was smashed so we had to bring it back. Our entire day yesterday was wasted at best buy. I''m really not happy with them right now.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe it won''t turn on!!! UGH! Is it plugged into a surge protector or anything that can be reset? Did you try another outlet?

Blue ray? cool! Did you get a blue ray player? We''re just using an upconverting dvd player right now and it does make it better than our old dvd player, but I dream of blue ray. The HDMI cable isn''t absolutely required, but it does give a better picture than the red green blue cables, and a million times better than any other option. They have varying price points. Alas, my FI talked me into the $200 one but I don''t know why we had to have that one.

I hope you get the problem solved soon! And check out ikea for some great wall mount shelves to go around that beauty.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why it won''t turn on either
39.gif
. We''ve tried everything. I don''t think it''s the bulb since we''re not getting sound and the little status lights aren''t even turning on. FI got a PS3 which has a blu-ray player. We brought it over to our friends'' house and tried it out with their 42" (?) HD plasma that they recently got and it was amazing. We also watched a regular dvd and some regular tv and the difference was crazy. We''re definitely going to upgrade our cable, but we need to wait until the tv''s working. The soonest they can get us a new one is Wednesday, though.

We''re going to Pittsburgh this weekend and we happen to drive right past ikea on the way. We''ll have to check it out!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You know, I heard that people were actually buying the PS3 to use mainly as a blu-ray player since it''s about half the price! And you get to play games too! That''s a great idea!

You guys rent, right? I was thinking maybe you could run the wires through the wall but I don''t know if you''d be able to do that in a rental. Is it plain drywall? It would just take two holes, top and bottom, to do it. How are you with spackle?
2.gif
I definitely think you do need some shelves though too, to sort of balance it out.

I went through some problems getting our tv too... the first one was shattered. It was such a letdown! I hope you get your new one soon and once it''s working, you will forget all the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results