shape
carat
color
clarity

First time trying on Dresses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Ok, so this weekend I went to try on dresses for the first time. I found two that I love and am having a really hard time figuring out if I like one better than the other. I've been to three different bridal shops and found two at the same place. I don't have the pictures of me in them on this computer yet, but I will post those as soon as I get them. Do any of you ladies have an opinion which you like better? I want something super "princess" like, but also somewhat unique. My wedding is in November, indoors in a very old semi-gothic style church. The reception is at a country club.

I want my dress to be very big and poofy and almost over the top :razz: (this is my one day to go all out, so I want to!) Let me know what you think!!

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock

AlfredAngelo_2.jpeg

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock

AlfredAngelo_big.jpeg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:17:40 AM
Author: Princess_Dreamer
And this is a picture of the first link
If you want a real ''princess'' look then I''d go for the second one. The first one looks like an Alfred Angelo dress - they do some nice poofy dresses which aren''t too expensive.

Happy dress shopping
2.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I get more of a "poofy princess" feel from the second picture (so I guess the first dress), but I personally prefer the first picture (so the second dress). I think, however, based on your preferences, the first dress (second picture) is more up your alley :)

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I''m not really sure...I guess thats the problem! :razz: I love the first picture because of the lace, it makes it so romantic and girly. And I love the second picture because its so over the top noticable. But one of my friends made a comment that kind of stuck out at me, she said "the first picture, I notice you more, the second picture, I notice the dress more" So I''m not really sure what to think about that comment.
My other thought was, that I''m seeing so many version of the second picture now-a-days in magazines and other bridal gown designers (ie maggie sottero) and I love that the first picture is more unique. Because I''m very big on not a ton of other people having my dress...you know?

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:27:22 AM
Author: sonnyjane
I get more of a ''poofy princess'' feel from the second picture (so I guess the first dress), but I personally prefer the first picture (so the second dress). I think, however, based on your preferences, the first dress (second picture) is more up your alley :)

Do you mean the first picture? or second picture? Sorry I know I made that really confusing, we can just refer to them by the picture order rather than the links.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:42:28 AM
Yeah, I''m not really sure...I guess thats the problem! :razz: I love the first picture because of the lace, it makes it so romantic and girly. And I love the second picture because its so over the top noticable. But one of my friends made a comment that kind of stuck out at me, she said ''the first picture, I notice you more, the second picture, I notice the dress more'' So I''m not really sure what to think about that comment.
My other thought was, that I''m seeing so many version of the second picture now-a-days in magazines and other bridal gown designers (ie maggie sottero) and I love that the first picture is more unique. Because I''m very big on not a ton of other people having my dress...you know?
Yeah, I know what she means. The second picture is making more of a statement about the dress - it says ''look at me'' whereas the first picture is a little more subtle. You said you want ''over the top'' so I''d go with the second style

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:43:56 AM
Date: 12/28/2009 2:27:22 AM

Author: sonnyjane

I get more of a 'poofy princess' feel from the second picture (so I guess the first dress), but I personally prefer the first picture (so the second dress). I think, however, based on your preferences, the first dress (second picture) is more up your alley :)

Do you mean the first picture? or second picture? Sorry I know I made that really confusing, we can just refer to them by the picture order rather than the links.

I prefer the first picture, but I think for what you described wanting, the second picture is closer. :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/ the others that the second picture is closer to what you described, but honestly, I think you should be able to find both lace and poof in the same dress. I vote to keep looking.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Both dresses are gorgeous. I''ve seen them both in real life. If you want a poofy, princess-like, and over-the-top, out of these two, the second one is closer to what you want. However, I also suggest for you to try on more styles of dresses and see how the poofy-princess-like-over-the-top dress looks on you.

Happy Hunting!!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I tried on that second one in Pearl. It''s a stunning gown! Was a bit too princess-ey for me, but it would be perfect for what you are looking for!

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock

Ok, so a couple people had told me to keep looking. Since neither of those dresses really HIT me, and I didn''t have that ahh hah moment. Well last night I was looking at dresses on theknot and came across one that is a Jacquelin Exclusive...and I gasped. It is so perfect. It''s everything from dress one and two that I wanted.....I want so badly to order it!! Let me know what you think!

perfect9801.jpg

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the first picture! LOVE LOVE LOVE the lace on top!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 5:04:36 PM
Author: princessplease

Date: 12/28/2009 2:14:18 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 12/28/2009 1:32:07 PM
That picture was tiny...here is the link:
http://fashionbride.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/9801_front.jpg
Love this one - absolutely gorgeous!! It includes all the items you loved on the first two. Go try it on - and bring us back some photos!
9.gif
Agreed...I would definitely make sure I tried it on before ordering, though!
Don''t mean to be Debbie Downer or anything, but the bubble around the middle of the skirt makes the model look short, and she''s probably 8 feet tall.
12.gif
Or maybe it''s just me. Definitely try it on first!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 6:31:14 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 12/28/2009 5:04:36 PM
Author: princessplease

Date: 12/28/2009 2:14:18 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 12/28/2009 1:32:07 PM
That picture was tiny...here is the link:
http://fashionbride.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/9801_front.jpg
Love this one - absolutely gorgeous!! It includes all the items you loved on the first two. Go try it on - and bring us back some photos!
9.gif
Agreed...I would definitely make sure I tried it on before ordering, though!
Don''t mean to be Debbie Downer or anything, but the bubble around the middle of the skirt makes the model look short, and she''s probably 8 feet tall.
12.gif
Or maybe it''s just me. Definitely try it on first!
The dress is really beautiful but I worry about what Sunnyd has brought up...definitly need to give it a try on....and show us some pics!

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
That''s ok, with heels on I''m probably exactly the same height as FF, maybe taller depending on what shoes I wear! So if I look a little shorter...fine by me! I''m about 5''7, 5''8. So I''m not too worried about looking shorter than I am :) Thanks for the input though! Every little bit helps!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Both are really pretty but I like #1 best.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I also like the Jacquelin Exclusive the best out of the three dresses, but we will need to see them all on you, not on some model!

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results