shape
carat
color
clarity

First Time Looking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

horizonize

Rough_Rock
This is my first time browsing Pricescope and already I feel like I have learned a great deal. So much information is available that I feel like I may never be able to decipher it all! I would like to ask this knowledgeable panel to help point me in the right direction, so that I can investigate the important details and concentrate on the RIGHT stuff. I am looking to buy a diamond for an engagement ring sometime in the next 3 months. I expect to spend approximately $3200 - $3900 and would like to learn more about the best diamond you think I can afford if trying to maximize size and quality, with more of the preference on quality. I can''t afford a huge rock, but I at least want whatever I do buy to look VERY GOOD. I am interested in a round ideal cut, AGS certified, at least .7ct, VS1-S1, G-H. Is this a reasonable starting point? And if so, what are the minimum standards to look for to ensure that I get the best diamond possible, given the parameters I have set? Thanks!!

mattinSD

Rough_Rock
You'll be able to find a GREAT diamond with those parameters and within that price range! Good luck!

My advice would be to first determine what is the lowest clarity you can live with. Then look at several colors to see which appeals most to you. Once you've got the clarity and color nailed, find the largest ideal cut you can find. I'd recommend investing in an ideal-scope and looking at LOTS of diamonds!

I'd bet you would be able to get .85ct, G/H, VS2, ideally cut diamond for around $3600!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results