shape
carat
color
clarity

First time buyer - How did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I just found this website recently and through this I purchased a stone on BN w/ the following stats:

Carat weight: 1.16
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 54%
Crown Angle: 34
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.72 x 6.76 x 4.18 mm
Additional Inscription: H&A

I know there are probably thousands of posts like this but just wanted some confirmation. Paid about $5500 for it - did I do OK? Haven''t received it yet and supposedly it''s eye clean. Just want some advice from the experts here. Any comments are appreciated!

Avus00

Rough_Rock
Eyeclean is key for that stone.

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
scored 1.1 on the cut advisor. should be beautiful. make sure it is eyeclean when you get it. congratulations!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 10:26:31 AM
Author:candycorn
Hi everyone, I just found this website recently and through this I purchased a stone on BN w/ the following stats:

Carat weight: 1.16
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 54%
Crown Angle: 34
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.72 x 6.76 x 4.18 mm
Additional Inscription: H&A

I know there are probably thousands of posts like this but just wanted some confirmation. Paid about $5500 for it - did I do OK? Haven't received it yet and supposedly it's eye clean. Just want some advice from the experts here. Any comments are appreciated!
Welcome to Pricescope,

This diamond looks great - make sure it is eyeclean to your standards and make your expectations very clear to your BN rep concerning this. BN prices are usually competitive, you can search for similar using the Pricescope your Diamond tool above to get a comparison.

Also because it has hearts and arrows inscribed on the diamond, we don't know if it is a true example of that strict cutting style without images, and BN don't provide them unfortunately... I don't know what their criteria is for a hearts and arrows stone, so if that is important to you, you might want to ask them for more info. But having said that it certainly appears to be a well cut stone.

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! BN confirmed it''s eye-clean but the true test will be when I get it in my hands and scrutinize it up close. Hopefully they don''t let me down.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 1:09:56 PM
Author: candycorn
Thanks everyone! BN confirmed it''s eye-clean but the true test will be when I get it in my hands and scrutinize it up close. Hopefully they don''t let me down.
They do have a 30 day return policy, so plenty of time to check it out thoroughly.

Let us know how you get on
35.gif

candycorn

Rough_Rock
I just got an email prior to the ring being shipped to me as follows:
"...the laser inscription is now very faint due to the setting process, and that we could have it re-inscribed by the GIA if you desire."

Is this normal??????????????????

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful! Can''t wait to see it!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a gorgeous stone, can''t wait to see it set
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 3:35:09 PM
Author: candycorn
I just got an email prior to the ring being shipped to me as follows:

''...the laser inscription is now very faint due to the setting process, and that we could have it re-inscribed by the GIA if you desire.''

Is this normal??????????????????

I believe this can happen over time anyway. I read a thread a while ago that talked about laser inscriptions becoming fainter over time. I think that when the stone is inscribed the writing is ''darker'' as the laser is essentially burning a bit of the stone isn''t it? but over time with regular washing, this inscription can fade. If you can still see the inscription, I dont know that I would bother redoing it.

It was probably scratched off a bit during setting.

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!! It''s absolutely perfect!! No visible inclusions at all and what I thought was an inclusion between the girdle and cutlet I found (through this forum again) is actually just girdle reflection.

here it is:

1122.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks awesome! Congratulations.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Great job.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! That stone is stunning
3.gif

You did good
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results