shape
carat
color
clarity

First Thread in BWW...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies!

I think this might be my first thread in BWW and boy am I excited! Most of you probably don''t know my story, but yes, I am still a LIW member waiting to be engaged but we have gone ahead and set a date and I have been given the go ahead by FF to go ahead and officially start planning. We are planning on having a destination wedding in Puerto Rico in February 2011. My ideas are sort of a Spanish theme, although I don''t want it to be too themed, IYKWIM! I am looking for help in terms of carrying this small theme to fruition.

My colors will most likely be black, white, and red, although I do think I need to add another accent color so that it doesn''t just look like the black white and red are just everywhere. I am attaching an inspiration board I created (although the dress will definitely be different as I just discovered that my FF HATES ruffles lol) and also pictures of the venue I love. It is an old hotel in Old San Juan which used to be a convent. I need help with ideas for making the Spanish theme come out without it being cheesy! I was thinking Spanish fans during the ceremony, but am at a loss for what else I could do. I was also thinking I could incorporate another color into the flower arrangements, but am not sure what color. Thank you in advance for any ideas. I do realize this is a very broad question but I figured some of you might have some fun trying to help me find ideas!!!

Thanks!

My inspiration board...

HDGCanvas1.jpg

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The outside of the hotel...

OutsideElConvento.jpg

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The likely ceremony location...

CourtyardElConvento1.JPG

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the likely ceremony location...

CeremonyElConvento.jpg

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Likely reception location...TIA!

OllerElConvento.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
no suggestions--just wanted to say everything looks great! that location looks tdf! good luck & welcome to BWW!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
This location looks great!!!!! I think your colors are awesome looking. Maybe you could do gold accents if you want a more refined color palette with a Spanish theme.
I couldn't find pictures of all the colors together, but here are black and red boards with gold accents.
Red with gold.

fgfcmcgm.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Black with gold

hrehrthrthr.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Black, red and gold

luyluyflgyul.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
This one has brown, red and gold. I know you're not using brown, but I thought the gold and red were nice.

rhgzhdrhdrhd.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Red with gold.

tjtrdfjfrdtxkj.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lulu!!!

And princessplease...thanks for the ideas, i love the gold! I think that will be the perfect color for the venue too.
Do you guys think that red and yellow arrangements would work?!?! Hmmm...ideas!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous looking venue and ideas - welcome to BWW!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome. I think gold would be great.
Here is a spanish themed wedding board with you guessed it, red and yellow flowers! Looks great!
Linky

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I know I''m TOTALLY late to this thread but...I just wanted to tell you that I''ve been to El Convento several times and it is my absolute dream wedding location except that after my brother''s wedding in Vegas, my family is totally against DW weddings
39.gif

In any case, you''ve made an awesome choice. I don''t think you need to do too much with the decorations. The hotel itself is very unique and interesting to look at. I would actually do a simple color scheme if I were you. I think a solid red centerpiece would really pop without being too busy.

The courtyard is gorgeous and would be a wonderful ceremony site...just keep in mind that guests will be able to look out over the balconies at you. I wouldn''t mind it but just wanted to let you know.

Old San Juan has sooo many beautiful spots for photos as well....can you tell that I''m seriously jealous??
3.gif

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Totally unrelated but the second inspiration board princess posted is mine! I''m creatively challenged so I sent the perfect palette my information and some pictures and that is what she posted in response! I LOVE it plus, without knowing it, she selected the colors of the school FI and I met at, so it really tied us together with our venues.

On topic, no advice because I''m creatively challenged, but your venue is gorgeous. It is going to be such a beautiful wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results