shape
carat
color
clarity

First PT session today on my elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Went pretty good kinda sore right now.
Going to mostly do home workouts so got a bunch of exercises to do.
Ran thru them and a few are youchy but I''ll do them.
Basically she is just going to monitor my progress doing it on my own for now.
Next apt in 2 weeks.

Incision is healing well with no issues.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you are healing well. Keep up with that PT! Following Dr.''s orders is the only way to get better.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad things are going well! Hope this aggravation will be over soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to heal it''s healing well. Keep up with the excersises, they do help!!! No pain no gain, hehe.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! Just keep on top of your ''homework.'' I''m sure it won''t be fun or easy, but of course necessary. My mom has been doing PT after her mastectomy surgery for arm mobility and it has been slow going and uncomfortable, but imperative in the long run!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the update! Hope Wifey2be is feeling better too. I bet it makes her feel better that you are healing so well. Keep up the good work.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2007 5:51:23 PM
Author: Mokey
Hope Wifey2be is feeling better too. I bet it makes her feel better that you are healing so well.

That is a great point! As she sees you improving her spirits have to lift on her own behalf as well as on yours...because it means she will get to be with you and get married (at long last) once you are finally well and able to work!!! Let''s hope that your road to recovery is as smooth as your road to PT has been bumpy!!!

Hugs to both wifey and you,
Deb
34.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Stick with it Storm.
Got to get that hinge back in motion!
emteeth.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, sound like you''re definitely making progress!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad it went well for you Storm!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaaaaaaay...now to get my honey''s arm back into motion - well shucks...I should have been there
2.gif
giggle...
I am not doing too bad...still have some tummy troubles since my bout, but I will be finer than a frogs hair split 8 ways :} giggle Thank you all for still thinkin of me
21.gif

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Storm, I haven''t been back here for many months but was just looking in. Wanted to wish you well. Your views and input helped us search, find, design, and the wifey to receive a really unique ring (with a kicken asscher). All accomplished because of this website, posters, and particularly with a large dose of storm.

All the best, Richardalex and the wifey.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear you and wifey2b are doing well!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 11:54:34 AM
Author: RichardAlex
Storm, I haven''t been back here for many months but was just looking in. Wanted to wish you well. Your views and input helped us search, find, design, and the wifey to receive a really unique ring (with a kicken asscher). All accomplished because of this website, posters, and particularly with a large dose of storm.

All the best, Richardalex and the wifey.
Hi! Good to hear from you!
All the best to you and your wifey.
I hope she is wearing that asscher in great health and happiness :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
figured Id post an update:
exercises still setting it off but still doing em.
It isnt too bad in the morning but gets pretty intense in the evening so doing more pain meds than I like still but its getting there.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2007 5:38:03 PM
Author: strmrdr
figured Id post an update:

exercises still setting it off but still doing em.

It isnt too bad in the morning but gets pretty intense in the evening so doing more pain meds than I like still but its getting there.

Glad you posted an update; I was planning on asking for one if this thread was still sitting at the bottom of Hangout and there wasn''t any word from you in another thread. We haven''t forgotten you. I am very sorry you are in pain, but glad your surgery is over.

When you''re ready, I''ll watch you quit smoking and cheer you on! One thing at a time.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear that you''re continuing the PT at home even though it is painful. Do you return to your therapist this week for a progress report? If so, please update us. I had hip replacement surgery over seven years ago and the surgeon didn''t want to send me to the customary 6 weeks in a rehab hospital. His reason for not sending me there seemed strange, "There''s just a bunch of old people there." Before I left the hospital after surgery, I made sure that a phsio was going to be checking up on me and "the exercises". It worked well actually, I have to admit.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Careful with those pain meds Storm, ok? Hang in there with the exercises - we''re rootin'' for you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 8:39:21 PM
Author: starryeyed
Careful with those pain meds Storm, ok? Hang in there with the exercises - we''re rootin'' for you!
Will do thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 7:26:24 PM
Author: isaku5
So glad to hear that you''re continuing the PT at home even though it is painful. Do you return to your therapist this week for a progress report? If so, please update us. I had hip replacement surgery over seven years ago and the surgeon didn''t want to send me to the customary 6 weeks in a rehab hospital. His reason for not sending me there seemed strange, ''There''s just a bunch of old people there.'' Before I left the hospital after surgery, I made sure that a phsio was going to be checking up on me and ''the exercises''. It worked well actually, I have to admit.
next apt is the 22nd.

That was a strange reason.
Thats a pretty serious surgery how are you doing with it after 7 years?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for asking about the aftermath of the hip surgery, Strm. Up until a year ago, all was well and then gradually the pain started again so I returned to the surgeon who claimed everything was great according to the x-rays and if the pain got worse to come back for a bone scan (totally different from bone density scan). A couple of months later, I made the appointment and then talked to my GP about it. He actually suggested that I consider acupuncture first and since March of ''06, I''ve been doing that with some success. The accupunturist suggested that the blood flow to the hip was being diminished due to scar tissue from the original surgery. Anyway, I go for a one hour session once a month and it has helped with the pain.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that acupuncture is helping.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Best to you storm...Hang in there lots of work ahead hopefully it will pay off..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results