shape
carat
color
clarity

First "I Love You"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Cute stories!

We were 15 and 16 years old
23.gif
, in my parents house, and about a month into official *dating*. HE was beet red and extremely nervous and could barely stammer it out, and then he kissed me for the first time (and missed my mouth!) It was adorably sweet. And MAAAAANY years later, I still playfully tease him about it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 8:24:48 PM
Author: Lynn B
Cute stories!

We were 15 and 16 years old
23.gif
, in my parents house, and about a month into official *dating*. HE was beet red and extremely nervous and could barely stammer it out, and then he kissed me for the first time (and missed my mouth!) It was adorably sweet. And MAAAAANY years later, I still playfully tease him about it!
Lynn
some of us sure started young, didn''t we?
28.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 8:10:53 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 8/20/2008 7:48:44 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Well, he said it first, and it was actually before we really started dating, and we had our first kiss at the same time! I know, he moves fast, right?!?! LOL!
2.gif

He and I had already been good friends for about five years. We were introduced by my XH (ironically enough), and we just really hit it off. So, when my marriage to my XH and DH''s marriage to his XW were both falling apart at the same time, we were both spending a lot of time going out with friends. Of course, we had a lot of the same friends, so we ran into each other a good bit. One night, we were both at the same bar with the same group of people. After last call, we went out to his car and just sat and talked for a while. He told me he had loved me since the first time he saw me, about five years ago, but he hadn''t said anything because I was in a relationship with my XH and he respected that, even though he thought my XH was totally wrong for me. Then he kissed me! I was very lucky I was sitting down at the time, because my knees instantly turned into Jell-O!!!
30.gif

Another ''this doesn''t happen IRL'' moment!
30.gif
PSers have FANTASTIC love stories!
36.gif
Aw, thanks Trill!
face23.gif

Ya know, we''re one of those annoying couples that says "I love you" like ALL the time! LOL! We probably say that to each other at least five times a day.
30.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Irish, we''re the same way! I just can''t say I love you enough!! The Notebook be damned!!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
This is a totally cute topic!

I said it to FI first, but she said it immediately after.

It was about a week into our relationship and we were getting ready to go to a concert the next day by listening to some of the music by the band we were going to see. Well, one of the songs is a love song, and as it started playing with the delightfully cheesy lyrics we were both just sitting there nervously with quasi-awkward tension in the air, not talking... then all of a sudden I nervously mumbled "I love you..." and her response was funny and cute because it was so loud compared to my mumble. She said, "OMG REALLY?! Me too! I love you too!" I was so happy and relieved that she didn''t think I was crazy for knowing I loved her after only a week, and sort of surprised she managed to hear my incoherent mumbling over the obnoxious music! It was very adorable!
30.gif

Now we can''t get enough of it and say it all the time, many, many times a day.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha,
what a fun topic, everyones'' stories are so sweet.

Not sure where I was, but we had been together for probably about 3 weeks - I know this sounds really "young" but he actually was texting me and on his last text, included Luv U xx at the end.

I still remember the excitement I felt (I know, daggy) seeing that text. Of course, I texted him back I love you too - later he teased me that his didn''t count as he had spelt it "Luv", and he was tricking me into saying it first!! (kidding, of course)

Before dating, we had been friends for many years, (and had a couple flings in the distant past) and I think we were both a bit scared of being hurt at the start...

After that, we had "the talk" (ie. lets give it all or nothing kinda thing..) And we were both on the same page - 110 % baby!!
3.gif

That was about 4 years ago now, and I think we probably say it at least a couple times a day - I like that he''s not a guy thats awkward about that kinda thing.
5.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I had to actually think about this one..I kept getting stuck on the first time he told me he liked me which isn't the same thing. Okay, it was during a break from college..probably spring break. And we were chatting on AIM instead of the phone so I could talk to him and my Mom at the same time. Well he asked if he could call me really quick. Well he called me..and then my Mom started talking to me..and there was this really awkward silence. He hung up and went back to AIM. Turns out he was trying to call me to tell me he loved me. It was awkward, but really cute! He was so shy and embarrassed!
30.gif
30.gif
13.gif

ETA: Forgot to answer how long we'd been dating and how old we were I believe..we were 19 and 20 approx..and we had been dating for probably 3 or 4 months..not that long really.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were in a nightclub when it happened. Another guy I knew was asking me out and said that D and I would never last. I said it to D that the other guy said that we wouldn''t last and D said that he knew it would and I asked him how does he know that, and he said that he loved me.
30.gif
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 2:29:35 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ha ha,

what a fun topic, everyones'' stories are so sweet.

Not sure where I was, but we had been together for probably about 3 weeks - I know this sounds really ''young'' but he actually was texting me and on his last text, included Luv U xx at the end.

I still remember the excitement I felt (I know, daggy) seeing that text. Of course, I texted him back I love you too - later he teased me that his didn''t count as he had spelt it ''Luv'', and he was tricking me into saying it first!! (kidding, of course)

Before dating, we had been friends for many years, (and had a couple flings in the distant past) and I think we were both a bit scared of being hurt at the start...

After that, we had ''the talk'' (ie. lets give it all or nothing kinda thing..) And we were both on the same page - 110 % baby!!
3.gif

That was about 4 years ago now, and I think we probably say it at least a couple times a day - I like that he''s not a guy thats awkward about that kinda thing.
5.gif

!!!! BF definitely tried to pull this one! I don''t remember where I was travelling, but I remember being in an airport, and receiving a "Luv you" text... I think he had just dropped me at the airport after leaving SF. At the time we had gotten back together in March, and this would have been August... so about 10-11 mos of total dating time...

Funny with these men always trying to pull fast ones...
10.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
It was about five months into our relationship.. we were doing the long distance thing and i was in town for D''s birthday. we were lying on the couch knowing that i was leaving in a few hours and dreading it.. he wrote on my arm with his finger tips ..."i am falling for you".

two weeks later i was in town again for my birthday. We had gotten back from apple picking and hay ride and i was having a sever asthma attack do to the hay.. i was taking my nebulizer and he wrote on my belly "i love you". i started crying...which made my asthma worse... so worth it though!

a year or so later i was waiting for him to write "will you marry me"... didn''t actually happen- he verbalized those words!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Fun thread!!

We had been dating for 6 months (were friends for 3 years before then). We always play the game where you lay on your tummy and the other person writes letters on your back with their finger and you have to guess the word they are spelling. He was writing on my back and he wrote I LOVE YOU. I immediately flipped over and said I LOVE YOU TOO! It was perfect. Over 3 years later we still play the game and always end with writing I LOVE YOU...

ETA: Whoa, CBS- we have such similar "I love you" stories!
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I think my man proposed before he said those fateful words...
But I remember, about three years into it, (the marriage), he said ''I love you'' in flagrante delicto and it really affected me *sniffs*

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 8:34:40 AM
Author: GoingCrazy29
Fun thread!!

We had been dating for 6 months (were friends for 3 years before then). We always play the game where you lay on your tummy and the other person writes letters on your back with their finger and you have to guess the word they are spelling. He was writing on my back and he wrote I LOVE YOU. I immediately flipped over and said I LOVE YOU TOO! It was perfect. Over 3 years later we still play the game and always end with writing I LOVE YOU...

ETA: Whoa, CBS- we have such similar ''I love you'' stories!
1.gif
yay!!!!! i LOVE your story!!!!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:11:20 PM
Author: Delesh
We had been in a long distance relationship for a while (about 2 hours apart).
One night while out with friends it just hit me.
I immediately left my friends and drove the two hours to her house.
She stumbled to the door and you could tell she thought I was crazy.
That''s when I told her that I couldn''t hold it in and had to come see her in person to tell her that I loved her.

I am pretty sure she still thinks I''m crazy.
9.gif
AWWWW!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:32:03 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Where were we?
At the mall. My favorite place!

We''d been dating three months. He said it first! Of course, this was almost 11 years ago when we first dated, and sorry to say, we broke up right after he said it. Stupid 18 year old me.

Soooo, shoot ahead 5/6 years and we''d just gotten back in touch (via internet!) after all those years not knowing what happened to each other.

NOW, it was my birthday in 2003 and he''s taking me out on our second first date together, and he says, ''I love you, I loved you then, I love you now, I''ll probably end up loving you forever.'' Well, that first date was a good 5.5 years ago and now we''re married. I guess he was right.
ok.. i am getting all misty eyed! so sweet!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a cute topic!!

Here''s my "I love you" story

We had only been together for about a month when SO had to have surgery last year. It turned out that I needed to be the person who took him to the hospital and helped fill out forms and all that jazz. The nurses let me hang out in his room with him before they took him to the operating room, we were sitting there and I could tell he was getting really nervous, I just kept reassuing him that all was going to be fine and there was nothing for him to worry about.

When they were about to wheel him to the OR he looked up at me from his bed and said "I hope you know how much I love you" I was so speachless all I could get out was "uh huh" while nodding my head and smiling (smooth huh?!
20.gif
). I sat in the waiting room for almost 2 hours replaying in my mind what just happened and praying that everything would go great during surgery...It did! When he came out and I could go and sit with him in recovery the first thing I said to him was how much I loved him too...Although he was pretty hyped up on pain killers he doesn''t remember me saying it back (he doesn''t even remember me being in recovery with him). But I tell him all the time to make up for my initial answer.
9.gif
30.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We''d been dating for less than a week when DH said it to me over the phone. I freaked out, didn''t say it back (we''d only known each other a month!) and told him I had to go. After thinking about it, I realized that I loved him too and that while it was scary to be so serious so fast, it felt right. I said it back a few days later and we''ve been saying it a million times a day ever since.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I had been best friends for 2 years. I had a boyfriend and he a girlfriend. When we had nothing better to do, we would hangout with each other. We also worked together and saw each other every day. We also ate lunch together daily. I broke up with my boyfriend and a while later, he with his girlfriend.

One day, I had some leftover pot roast I had made and brought it over to his apartment. He said he had something to tell me and it was that he loved me. I said I know, as a friend. He said no, I REALLY love you. My heart melted because I felt the same way about him. We have been together almost 30 years and married almost 28. I can honestly say, I married my best friend.
30.gif

Linda

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 3:53:54 PM
Author: Linda W
DH and I had been best friends for 2 years. I had a boyfriend and he a girlfriend. When we had nothing better to do, we would hangout with each other. We also worked together and saw each other every day. We also ate lunch together daily. I broke up with my boyfriend and a while later, he with his girlfriend.

One day, I had some leftover pot roast I had made and brought it over to his apartment. He said he had something to tell me and it was that he loved me. I said I know, as a friend. He said no, I REALLY love you. My heart melted because I felt the same way about him. We have been together almost 30 years and married almost 28. I can honestly say, I married my best friend.
30.gif

Linda
AWWWWWW!!!!! Linda, you just brought a tear to my eye! What a sweet story!
face23.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry this is so cheesy, but...

We had been best friends for years before we dated, so we already knew everything about each other and were totally in love by our first kiss. But, we didn''t want to say it TOO soon. So, 2 weeks into the relationship I took him to my family''s place up north. We have 3 beautiful houses on a lake... Very private and romantic. So, there we were, just the two of us for the whole weekend. We had a bonfire and sat around listening to music and chatting all night. I wanted to tell him I love you that night, and it was getting pretty late, so I had to hurry it up. I suggested that we go sit on the boat and look at the stars... We snuggled under a big blanket and gazed up. We were counting shooting stars, and the urge hit me. I was so nervous I was stammering and stuttering! It came out something like "I-I-I l-l-love you." He was so sweet! He wrapped his arms around me and told me he loved me too and kissed me. It was like a movie! 2 weeks later we were already discussing marriage! We got engaged on our one year anniversary and we were married 3 days after our second anniversary. I''ve never been happier!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 4:02:19 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Sorry this is so cheesy, but...

We had been best friends for years before we dated, so we already knew everything about each other and were totally in love by our first kiss. But, we didn''t want to say it TOO soon. So, 2 weeks into the relationship I took him to my family''s place up north. We have 3 beautiful houses on a lake... Very private and romantic. So, there we were, just the two of us for the whole weekend. We had a bonfire and sat around listening to music and chatting all night. I wanted to tell him I love you that night, and it was getting pretty late, so I had to hurry it up. I suggested that we go sit on the boat and look at the stars... We snuggled under a big blanket and gazed up. We were counting shooting stars, and the urge hit me. I was so nervous I was stammering and stuttering! It came out something like ''I-I-I l-l-love you.'' He was so sweet! He wrapped his arms around me and told me he loved me too and kissed me. It was like a movie! 2 weeks later we were already discussing marriage! We got engaged on our one year anniversary and we were married 3 days after our second anniversary. I''ve never been happier!!!
Aw, Tuckins! It''s not cheesy at all . . . it''s very sweet!
36.gif

BTW, we got married right around our second anniversary too. I think a lot of people are surprised by that . . . they think it''s kinda fast. But, when you know, you just KNOW!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We also got engaged right around the 1 year mark and were married a month after our 2 year anniversary.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Oh shoot, I don''t remember our official said it, said it back, but I DO remember the first time I found out that he loved me.

We were out on Halloween with our friends, at a bar, all in costume. We''d been dating for a few months at this point. One of our friends asked him something, I don''t remember what, but his answer was "Because I love her!" and he hugged me close.

He is such a private, almost shy, person that I certainly didn''t expect him to blurt it out in front of his friends! I about fell over!

I got the chance to tell him the same a little later.
9.gif

He now tells me that he has always loved me, since we first started dating. *sigh!*

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

30.gif

Linda
must of been one heck of a pot roast
31.gif
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:53:29 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

30.gif

Linda
must of been one heck of a pot roast
31.gif
18.gif

ha ha ha ha ha ha, I guess so!!!!
9.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
um.. we sort of said it at different times!

the first time he said it (in that way) was after we had been hanging out as friends for a month or so. we had gotten really really close and he spent the night one night at my apartment. I was in my bed and he was in a little pod of blankets that i had made for him on the floor near the foot of it. lights were out but we were talking and he said something along the lines off "yeah right you hate me" or something similarly ridiculous (he was kidding obviously) and i said ''oh be quiet you know i love you'' and he said ''i love you too''. at the time i thought that he meant it as friends (like i did, and like we had said in the past), but he told me later that that particular time he meant it in the romantic sense. so i had a delayed sappy moment a couple weeks later when i found out. after that, he said it pretty often and i had to ask him to stop because i wasn''t ready for it! (we weren''t even officially dating yet)

a couple more weeks past and we started officially dating and like two days after that we were over at my apartment and just sitting on the couch talking. we were really close and just being touchy feeling with each other and that was when i said it for the first time. never looked back! <3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results