shape
carat
color
clarity

First fitting (with pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!!!

Very exciting, I had my first fitting 2 wknds ago. But my internet spazzed out so this is the first time i can post them. She has to take the sides in a fair amount and she''s converting the neckline from straight strapless to a sweetheart with straps that cross in the back. And my bustle is a low french/under bustle. So far I love it. If anyone needs a seamstress in the Chicago-land area, let me know. She''s by O''hare airport. Also please excuse the ugly face I''m making. I''m notoriously un-photogenic.

FirstFiting.jpg

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
lovely!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
love that bustle!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
ooh lovely dress, the sweetheart neckline will make it look even better
1.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
CUTE bustle!
30.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to look gorgeous when finished though, but I do notice one thing. Is the neckline finished yet? Because one side is higher where it meets the straps than the other (your left hand side). It''s only minor but it is noticeable!

Gorgeous dress btw.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress! I love the bustle alot and it looks great on you!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful - love the criss cross and the bustle!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I love the back, its gorgeous
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress and beautiful bride-to-be.
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.

Honey, the sweetheart was just put in so I could get an idea of what it looked like. It was a quick & dirty rouching to make the sweetheart. She''s going to do it nicer with the final product.

After I looked at it, I thought it needs a deeper sweetheart. What do you ladies think?

Oh and the specs on the dress: It''s a Stephen Yearick (got at filene''s ROTB). I''ll attach what it looked like originally too. She''s taking in the sides, hemming the dress and the crinoline i have on underneath it, bustling, adding straps and changing the neck to sweetheart. She''s estimating $200-$250 costs for alterations.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Attaching dress as purchased originally.

P1000408.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Love the fit of the dress! You look great! CONGRATS!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks beautiful on you. Gotta ditto the sweetheart neckline - it would look fantastic on the dress. Plus, I''m a sucker for sweetheart necklines, it''s so universally flattering! The bustle looks awesome too!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, you look phenomenal! Really amazing, look at that hourglass figure! W
30.gif
W!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa - you look great! Love the dress and the bustle. I think the sweetheart neckline will be beautifullllll. Just a teensy suggestion - is it possible to push the straps a little further apart? You have great shoulders, but it looks to me that the straps are the tinies bit too close together. Ignore me if you want!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, you look beautiful!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look stunning! Love your dress.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you look stunning! great dress!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:50:08 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Thanks everyone.

Honey, the sweetheart was just put in so I could get an idea of what it looked like. It was a quick & dirty rouching to make the sweetheart. She''s going to do it nicer with the final product.

After I looked at it, I thought it needs a deeper sweetheart. What do you ladies think?

Oh and the specs on the dress: It''s a Stephen Yearick (got at filene''s ROTB). I''ll attach what it looked like originally too. She''s taking in the sides, hemming the dress and the crinoline i have on underneath it, bustling, adding straps and changing the neck to sweetheart. She''s estimating $200-$250 costs for alterations.

yay- another ROTB''er!!!!!!!!! that''s where i got mine. i had a blast- and got a dress for $250--whooot woooot! sorry for the threadjack.

agree- deeper sweetheart.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Danielle, YES! I am going to ask her to set the straps a little wider apart. I''m glad I''m not the only one!

Thanks ladies for all the wonderful comments. I''ve swooned over all your dresses in the past I figured it''s only fair I post mine. :)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I would agree it needs a deeper sweetheart neckline, this one looks a little off. And the straps should be farther apart. Otherwise I love the fabric and silhouette! Very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results