shape
carat
color
clarity

First Fitting With Pics!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
As promised a while back, here are pics from my first fitting. Felt great when i was there and for some reason I''m now a little nervous about the whole thing. Can''t put my finger on what is making me jittery about it! So, anyway, here it goes! What do you guys think? Is it good for a black tie Saturday NYC wedding? Can''t figure out how to get all pics in one post.

marliefront1231512467.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
back...

marlieback54546.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
woah these are huge! sorry! here''s the mocked up bustle (hopefully a normal size!)

marliebustle564654.jpg

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Well I LOVE it! Seriously it fits you perfectly and the sweetheart neckline is gorgeous on you! I think it''s so elegant w/o being all up in yo face which I am a huge fan of!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful dress.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:21:34 AM
Author: winelover23
Well I LOVE it! Seriously it fits you perfectly and the sweetheart neckline is gorgeous on you! I think it''s so elegant w/o being all up in yo face which I am a huge fan of!
Word. Love it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant and glamorous gown! It's just gorgeous on you!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Marlie it is seriously STUNING. I LOVE IT.
30.gif

I have a feeling a lot of us question our gowns after the purchase (I know I am...). I think it''s perfect especailly for a black tie NYC event!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! It looks great on you!

Are you at Kleinfeld?! :)
30.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great to me! I think it''s perfect!

PS. Are you Sarah Silverman? Haha. You kinda look like her from what I can see in the pictures.
3.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for the comments! you are all making me feel much better about my dress!

getting excited...yep, that''s kleinfeld! funny that you recognized it from the photos!
travel goddess...nope, not sarah silverman! that''d be the first time anyone told me i looked like her.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 1:00:29 PM
Author: marlie
thanks so much for the comments! you are all making me feel much better about my dress!

getting excited...yep, that''s kleinfeld! funny that you recognized it from the photos!
travel goddess...nope, not sarah silverman! that''d be the first time anyone told me i looked like her.
i would recognize those drapes and benches anywhere :) hehe I LOVE that show! Not to threadjack, but did the "kleinfeld experience" live up to it''s reputation? I live on the west coast and have seriously contemplated going there to look for a dress! (BTW, not a bride to be yet, but hopefully soon!)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! We have 31 days!!!!!!
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and chic!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
You look stunning! Your dress is absolutely beautiful on you!
30.gif

skye425

Rough_Rock
Oh, I love the top part! It looks very pretty.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again everyone! i can''t wait to see it at my second fitting in 2 weeks! i''m feeling a little better about it. I think i had a random bridal meltdown about the dress but i know that i love it.

getting excited...kleinfeld was a really great experience for me although i think it was similar to most bridal salons that i went to. this is actually my second dress, i canceled my first dress from a designer called selia yang. that was a tiny little shop where they take on a limited number of brides. i have to say you get WAY more attention from a place like that than kleinfeld, which is in a way, like a bridal factory. that said, the consultants are really helpful and i LOVED josephine the alterations woman that i worked with. i''d definitely recommend kleinfeld to other brides!

pp...i can''t believe how soon it is! this week i went into wedding overdrive! so much to do!! hope your planning is going well!

Marlie - the dress is beautiful and looks great on you!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, stunning gown. Perfect for your occasion! I love the bustle you decided on as well!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Understated, classic, Feminine... LOVELY!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You look WONDERFUL!

That dress is perfect on you and will look just right for black tie in NY! Simple, elegent, flowing, feminine, classic......

I love how it fits you and how comfortable you look in it.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much!!

claritek...thanks for the nice comments on the bustle. wish i had a side pic of it...that was such a pretty view. plus, the angle on that photo is a bit weird! the other option would be to tuck in the sash into the french bustle. also pretty and more subtle. still deciding!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh it looks so pretty on you! and same with getting excited, I recognize Kleinfeld from SYTTD.

what consultant did you work with?

also who is the designer of your dress? it is really pretty!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hi slg...thanks for the nice words! i worked with diane. she is definitely a true saleswoman but very sweet. i liked her a lot. she had great ideas for the dresses and how to make them your own. the designer is monique lhuillier and the style name is edie.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really lovely on you
9.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. LOVE. marlie, it turned out gorgeous!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! You''re gonna blow him away when he see you walk down the aisle!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Marlie, I LOVE this dress! I like it so much more than your first one! The delicacy of the details and fabric are stunning! Seriously
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
like, seriously, can i borrow your arms for my own wedding??

you look simply divine, darling
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results