shape
carat
color
clarity

First Fitting Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My first fitting was actually done a while ago, but I just uploaded these photos and thought I''d share them with you! I think I love my dress even more than I originally did (it is the Watters 7094B).

Please excuse the zillions of wrinkles--it got very wrinkled on its way to me! It is completely smooth silk charmeuse.

first fitting 1 xs edit.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZA!!!! You look amazing kittybean!!!!! It''s just beautiful on you!!! (Even wrinkled!!!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Last photo (seamstress only took two, unfortunately). I must note that I actually look a little more, um, voluptuous than I really am since the bodice isn't fitted properly yet
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, forgot to attach said photo!

first fitting 2 xs edit.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
After seeing these, does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I should do with my hair and jewelry? I am feeling a little lost on both. At the moment, I''m thinking low updo (looser, not a tight chignon) for my hair, and perhaps a necklace like this gorgeous one Amandine posted, or maybe just chandelier earrings. No idea whether to add a bracelet, watch, or RHR as well.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW you look amazing
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You look great Kittybean! I really love the simple elegance of your gown.

As for accessories- I would do the RHR or bracelet with chandelier earrings. I would leave your neckline bare to let your dress shine.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Especially the back! I think it makes a very strong statement.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! That is a gorgeous dress that looks amazing on your figure!!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You look like a movie star in that dress!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wow kittybean you look amazing in that dress
30.gif
36.gif
im thinking sophisticated up-do for your hair, because its a sophisticated kinda dress
21.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, you look incredible!! No wonder you love that dress - it's perfect for you! I think the necklace you posted will look great with it.

ETA: I actually like your hair down with the dress, but if you're not into wearing you hair down, a low, loose updo would be lovely!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhh, kittybean!!! You look MAGNIFICENT!!!

pretty pretty girl
10.gif
you''re going to be such a gorgeous bride!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
GORGEOUS
30.gif

I think, because the dress isn''t beaded or full skirted, you could do the chandelier earring, bracelet and RHR.

If you did the low, loose chignon, would you part your hair to the side, or pull it straight back? What (if anything) do you want for a veil or headpiece?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, kittybean, you look amazing. You are really a beautiful girl!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, and it looks perfect on you - you have an amazing figure!

For hair/ accessories, etc...I think that simple and classic will be best. I really like the necklace you linked to, but worry that chandelier earrings might be too much - possibly just simple pearl drops instead? I like the idea of a loose updo.

I just think the dress is so simple and classic, you don''t want to overwhelm it (or you) with too much else going on.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOWEEEEEE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Look at you girl! That gown looks like it was MADE for you. I love it!!! How perfect is that?!?
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
WOW- How very lana turner! LOVE IT!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful! If it were me, I''d go with just chandelier earrings and a RHR.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
you look simply stunning
36.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wowzas is right! you got a killer bod! and that fabric is so elegant, flowy and beautiful!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:48:23 AM
Author: AmberGretchen

For hair/ accessories, etc...I think that simple and classic will be best. I really like the necklace you linked to, but worry that chandelier earrings might be too much - possibly just simple pearl drops instead? I like the idea of a loose updo.

I just think the dress is so simple and classic, you don''t want to overwhelm it (or you) with too much else going on.
I definitely agree with you on the simple and classic. I''m trying to toe the line between being fancied up enough and still looking clean and slightly understated. If I''m doing a necklace similar to the one I posted, I will definitely only do pearl studs or small drops. If I do chandelier earrings, I will likely do no necklace or a very small Swarowski pendant I''ve had my eye on.

I''m definitely not stuck on any option I''ve mentioned, so if you think there is a better idea, lay it on me!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 5:48:34 AM
Author: Clairitek
You look great Kittybean! I really love the simple elegance of your gown.

As for accessories- I would do the RHR or bracelet with chandelier earrings. I would leave your neckline bare to let your dress shine.
Thanks, Clairitek! I can''t wait to show you guys what it looks like unwrinkled.

I have heard that people often don''t wear necklaces with strapless dresses--is this the case? Is it normal to leave the neckline bare?

Where does one find chandelier earrings that are decent quality, but not too expensive? (Read: I don''t want to get them from a tween jewelry store.)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:29:09 AM
Author: Mediterranean
30.gif
GORGEOUS
30.gif

I think, because the dress isn''t beaded or full skirted, you could do the chandelier earring, bracelet and RHR.

If you did the low, loose chignon, would you part your hair to the side, or pull it straight back? What (if anything) do you want for a veil or headpiece?
Thank you, Mediterranean! If I were doing the low chignon, I''d part my hair to the side, I think, but I guess then I would have to deal with the bangs issue. I have almost-chin-length bangs that would look pretty framing my face, I think, but they can definitely look wilted by the end of the day. I am also considering putting flowers in my hair (cymbidium orchids), which I think might look pretty with a low chignon.

For a veil, I''m thinking very long, single-layer, plain tulle. I was going to attach it either just above or right under the chignon. The veil is really the reason why I''m thinking hair up, ''cause I don''t love the way veils look just kinda stuck into hair down. My hair is pretty fine, too, so I''m worried it would fall out. I don''t have to have a veil, but since the dress is pretty sophisticated, I thought it might be good for looking more "bridal."

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Freke, Deelight, Ally, modernsparkler, mayachel, Blackpaw, TheBigT, Alli, mscushion, Dreamgirl, TLH, AdiS, rockin11, and ilovethiswebsite for your kind words and suggestions. It makes me so happy to be able to share my excitement with you!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I think these are pretty ... but they aren''t cheap.

949880_fpx.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:49:44 PM
Author: TheBigT
I think these are pretty ... but they aren''t cheap.
[Sigh.] Those are absolutely gorgeous, but way out of my poor little budget. I love that style, though!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Kittybean, that dress looks gorgeous!
36.gif

I too like how your hair looks down. (Maybe a side part with soft 40s style waves and a hair pin/brooch that pulls one side off your face?)

However, a low up-do would look fabulous as well. Perhaps something like this?

Lisabombshelside.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Nadri

I also like drop earrings like these.

947448_fpx.tif.jpeg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!! You look stunning!!! That dress is perfect on you
30.gif

The back is my favorite part! It looks like it was made for you...PERFECT!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results