shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dress Fitting Last Night - Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock

Well I had my first dress fitting last night and I think it went well!! We definitely had some alternations to do in the bust area, but I am anxious to see how it''s going to turn out. The dress shop ordered me a size 10, but I think I should have ordered a size 8. It feels a little big, but my tailor and mom keep telling me that I will be happy it''s not super snug the day of the wedding. Anyone else have these concerns?

I decided to make the neck into a sweetheart neckline. I don''t have the pinned pics on the camera I have here, but I will try to upload them later. I''ll post the one where I am just holding it with my finger.

I only have 54 days utntil the big day.. Wahoo

ADress1.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Here is the front of the dress without the pinning for the sweetheart neckline...

ADress5.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Ok this is a bad pic but you can see how much the dress style changes with the sweetheart neck. I think it is much better on my body shape!

ADress4.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
This is a pic of the hip detail... there is another pin that goes in the middle that I haven''t put on yet. It makes it totally blingy!

Hip detail1.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Here is the back in a french bustle... I am wondering if there is another way to bustle this? I am not in love with the way it looks. What do you think?

ADress3.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
AND here are the FABULOUS earings that I am wearing. I am so in love with these... they are huge!

Aearings1.JPG

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! I am totally in LOVE
30.gif
You and I have remarkably similar taste in dresses - mine is a lot like yours except the "detail" is over my heart, not on the hip. You are definitely right about changing it into a sweetheart neckline - it''ll be absolutely gorgeous! Personally, I love the french bustle if it is done right but if you really don''t like it you could do a more traditional bustle just as easily. I can''t wait to see more pics!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:05:40 PM
Author: AlisonHB
Here is the back in a french bustle... I am wondering if there is another way to bustle this? I am not in love with the way it looks. What do you think?

Gorgeous dress! I feel your pain, as I am between a size 8 and 10, and will probably order a 10. As for the bustle goes, I''m not an expert by any means, but a double bustle may look better? Have you tried just a "regular" bustle?

Picture is of a double bustle...

doublebustle.jpg

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
ooooh I really like beachrunner''s suggestion of double bustle if could be done lower toward the bottom of the train

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Winslet - What is a traditional bustle look like? This is all new to me!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
oh its lovely, I think its beautiful and I love your earrings!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:44:10 PM
Author: AlisonHB
Winslet - What is a traditional bustle look like? This is all new to me!

I know I''m not Winslet, but a traditional bustle is your train on top of itself, whereas a french bustle is the train tucked under itself. Make sense?
28.gif
Most people prefer the french bustle...OK, well, I prefer the french bustle
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you look beautiful! I agree that the sweet heart neck line is very flattering on you. I also love your earrings!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I adore the sweetheart neckline, and yes, your earrings are FABULOUS!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
If you aren't loving the French bustle I would definitely try the double French or the traditional. Since you have a rather long train the traditional might add a lot of volume to the back of your dress but if that is the look you want then go for it!

Beautiful gown by the way! I love the v-shaped dip in the back.

ETA: I see people already suggested those bustles! Whoops!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I love the dress! and I love the idea of making it a sweatheart neckline. AWESOME EARRINGS!
I have no idea what to do for my bustle either, i think the french one looks great!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Alison your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! You look amazing in it...I love the idea of a sweetheart neckline, it definitely gives the dress a finished look.

As far as the bustle goes...I think the french looks good but if your not happy with it definitely try out some of the other suggestions...The double might be just perfect
2.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty dress! What material is it?

I think traditional bustles are really cool, but it has to be the right gown. Did you have her try it out? If you wanted to go either French or double, I'd do French (just one).

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Ok I did a little internet search and now I know the difference between a traditional & french bustle.

I think you all are right... I should just stick with the french bustle. I am thinking maybe I didn''t like it because it was pined up and not fluffed to look all pretty this way it will on my wedding day. I will ask the tailor about the double, but the single is pretty less fussy.

xoxo - Thanks! I fell in love with them the min I saw them! It also saved me from having to wear a necklace.

BeachRunner - Thank you for the explanation. I totally looked it up after I read your comment and it totally make sense.
1.gif
I am with you I like the french better than the traditional

mcushion - oh thank you! I didn''t love this dress until I was told that I could make it into a sweetheart neckline... now I do

Amanda.Rx - Thanks! I am anxious to see the sweetheart neckline actually done.

Claritek - Thank you.... the v-shaped was one of the elements I adore about this dress. I think I just didn''t know what bustle options I had. Should have doen some internet searching before I went in.. oh well
9.gif
Thank you for the suggestions.

iloveprincesscuts - gotta love the bling huh! I think I like the french now too.

ams - So sweet... thank you
1.gif
I am inclined to agree with you now that I have read all the comments. However I will ask about the double bustle.

Lanie - Ummmm... I think it is just tafetta. Trust me it is not a fancy expensive priced dress. I LOVED all the expensive & silk dresses I tried on, but I just couldn''t convince myself the spend the extra money. Knowing me if I hadn''t set some boundries and told the sales people to only put me in dress under $2,000 I would have ended up picking the $5,000 dress! Seriosuly that''s how it works for me... and then I wouldn''t have been able to say no
31.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you''re feeling better about the French bustle. I personally think it looks just fine!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
It looks as though you''ve beaten me to it and figured out the traditional bustle without my help! I''m glad you''re starting to like the french bustle, I think it''ll look really nice when your seamstress takes the time to do it carefully and thoughtfully. Again, I absolutely adore your dress AND I hope I''ll be able to find earrings as fabulous as yours :)

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
The dress looks great on you! I love the detailing, and you are so right about the sweetheart neckline. Right call.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo....I think it looks stunning on you!!! I love it! And I love the idea of the double bustle. They make me happy.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I think the dress looks absolutely beautiful on you and will look even more stunning with the sweetheart neckline.

I would also second doing a french double bustle, since the train is so long.

Great job on the dress and jewelry!
emteeth.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous dress! It looks great on you! And I definitely think the sweetheart neckline is a great idea and will be super flattering!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Such a pretty dress. I''m also a fan of the double bustle idea--can you have your seamstress try it out? I think it could look awesome with your dress. The sweetheart neckline will look lovely on you, too.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I too, dig the double bustle idea! Its a beautiful dress!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the tradition bustle personally.

The dress is divine btw, and looks fabulous on you, but I agree, it totally changes it with a sweetheart neckline and is just the icing on the cake!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
ooooh! Love the double bustle and those earrings are magnificent! I love them and am so so jealous.
I can''t seem to find anything even remotely similar and I''m looking to wear only super huge chandelier earrings and a bracelet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results