shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dance? What are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
What kind of first dance will all you couples be doing? Traditional, sexy, fun?

My family is really conservative while my FI''s family isn''t. He wants a really over the top fun first dance and I''m a little worried but on board. But I do want my guests to realize that night will be fun and to let loose!

Here''s an example of what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzivo-ODHis

So what are you guys doing? And what do you think of the video? (LOL!)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
the video is FANTASTIC! however, to pull that off you will need to spend a lot of time choreographing and have friends participate who are extremely energetic and have some dancing skills and willing to put in the time to rehearse (this thing will only fly after several rehearsals). I think it would be too much work if you are the one organizing this dance on top of the wedding.

we''re horrible dancers so our first song will have a beat to it and we''ll ask everyone to get on the dance floor and join us so that no one is staring at just us dancing for 5 minutes.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
We are dancing to Michael Buble singing "The Best is Yet to Come". A friend of ours used to ballroom dance competitively, and she is choreographing and teaching us a dance. Can't wait!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
I love dances like that. Another one of my faves is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujA8YYgTWU

I think it would be awesome to do a first dance like that, as most of my dance training has been cheerleading/dance team type stuff, but FI isn''t exactly a dancer, so I can''t get him to go for it
38.gif

We''ll probably do something fairly traditional. Both of his parents ballroom dance, so I''m kind of concerned about it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re dancing to Someone Like You by Van Morrison. I think the video is fun to watch but doing a choreographed dance like that isn''t my thing.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i love all the evolution of dance wedding videos--so cute and so fun. we would''ve loved to do something like that, but i know my FI and i will be too nervous to remember anything too rehearsed, so we''re sticking to the traditional and dancing to otis redding''s "that''s how strong my love is". i love the youtube video of the evolution of dance with...i think the couple''s name was katie and brian--hilarious. the one with "baby got back" is funny, too, but my grandmother would have a heart attack!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
we''re dancing to ''our'' song, which is Coffee by Copeland. it will be more of a middle school shuffle slow dance than anything else, but it''s a moment that we are really looking forward to. i think in the craziness of the day it will be nice to focus on just connecting and not on putting on a show for people. not very memorable for anyone but us, but i''m not too concerned
26.gif
28.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We''ve chosen the Unplugged version of Bryan Adam''s ''Heaven'' for ours.

I used to dance a LOT, but since my back surgery I can''t do anything that involves twisting it or that is too strenuous. FI can dance, but not with other people.

We weren''t going to have a first dance at all, but I knew we''d get forced into it, so we are having some lessons - I don''t want anythig theatrical or that looks complicated, but we''d like to be able to do a bit more than awkwardly shuffle round the floor or stand on the spot and sway a bit!

ashbeth609

Rough_Rock
Ours won''t be THAT exciting--FI would be way to embarrassed to do that.

But our song is pretty untraditional--it''s I Can See Clearly Now. Not sure which version we are using but that is the song. Still trying to figure out how to dance to it...any ideas??

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
ETA: FI is compromising because of my stage fright. Yay! We''re just going to do a salsa/swing dance routine. We used to ballroom dance all the time and were pretty good, so we''ll just need to brush up a bit. This I''m MUCH more comfy with.

Did anyone see Rock the Reception on TLC? Its about couples hosting their first dance. Some of their routines are amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results