shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dance Song

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies! Have any of you thought about what song you think will be your "first dance"? It seems like a super easy thing to decide but it became quite difficult when I began thinking about! I really love the song "Here, there, and everywhere" by the Beatles but it definitely isn't the most traditional song. I also love Billy Joel's "Just the way you are". Clearly, I am getting WAY ahead of myself!! :wink2: :wink2:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking about this. I saw a post on Pinterest that had some very strange first dance choices... made me laugh.

I am assuming we will go with something very classic like "When you say nothing at all" (the Allison Krause version) or 'Wonderful Tonight'... I would love 'Your Song' by Elton John. Ahhh! So many choices!

We've probably danced to each of those a dozen times at other weddings. :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
There's been songs I've heard and thought... wow, I'd love that for a wedding song! But I haven't really put much more thought into it.

We both really love rock/alternative rock. Sometimes we joke about dancing to a foo fighters song or something, although I'm not sure anything they do would be entirely appropriate. :lol:

I really love newer, softer indie/alternative singer/songwriter stuff. We love the Beatles too... it would be a really tough choice for us I think! I'll add some tunes here when I think of some!

ETA: ADELE! Damn I love her. She writes a lot of sad songs though.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
We decided ours already!!!

We are dancing to John Hiatt's "Have a little faith in me." Not a traditional 1st dance song but it just speaks to me. I played it for SO and he really liked it. :appl: Yay, hope everything else in planning is going to be that easy!!!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I have already chosen mine too, quite a while ago! I haven't told SO in case he thinks I'm mental but I am pretty sure he will like it, unless he has something in mind already as well! I want 'better together' by Jack Johnson :)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like ours to be "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. The lyrics of the song couldn't describe us more perfectly.

M's not a huge country fan, or even a big country fan, really. So I dunno how he'd feel about that one.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
we picked ours.

we love kenny chesney and have our annual concert trip every year...so it's only fitting we would choose him! And the lyrics being perfect don't hurt.

"you had me from hello" - kenny chesney

One word, that's all was said,
Something in your voice caused me to turned my head.
Your smile just captured me, you were in my future,far as I could see.
And I dont know how it happened, but it happens still.
You ask me if I love you, if I always will.........

Well, you had me from "Hello"
I felt love start to grow the moment I looked into your eyes,
You won me, it was over from the start.
You completely stole my heart, and now you won't let go.
I never even had a chance you know?
You had me from "Hello"

Inside I built a wall so high around my heart, I thought I'd never fall.
One touch, you brought it down
Bricks of my defenses scattered on the ground
And I swore to me that I wasn't going to love again
The last time was the last time I'd let someone in

But, you had me from "Hello"
I felt love start to grow the moment I looked into your eyes,
You won me, it was over from the start.
You completely stole my heart, and now you wont let go.
I never even had a chance you know?
You had me from "Hello"

Thats all you said
Something in your voice calls me, turn my head
You had me from "Hello"
You had me from "Hello"
Girl, I've loved you from "Hello"

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
SO and I are also big country fans (just bought our 2013 mega tickets!!!) and we're going country as well. Actaully SO surprised me one day when we were in the car, he turned on Keith Urban's "Thank You" and said something like "I want this to be the song at our wedding, it's basically non-negotiable." He was joking of course (saying it's non-negotiable) but after listening to it we decided it was actually perfect for us. Also not the most traditional song buy very fitting for us.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359794978|3370353 said:
I have already chosen mine too, quite a while ago! I haven't told SO in case he thinks I'm mental but I am pretty sure he will like it, unless he has something in mind already as well! I want 'better together' by Jack Johnson :)

I love love LOVE that song :love:
I actually chose that for myself years ago.... But don't feel right trying to use it with a new guy :cheeky:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1359754191|3369935 said:
There's been songs I've heard and thought... wow, I'd love that for a wedding song! But I haven't really put much more thought into it.

We both really love rock/alternative rock. Sometimes we joke about dancing to a foo fighters song or something, although I'm not sure anything they do would be entirely appropriate. :lol:

I really love newer, softer indie/alternative singer/songwriter stuff. We love the Beatles too... it would be a really tough choice for us I think! I'll add some tunes here when I think of some!

ETA: ADELE! Damn I love her. She writes a lot of sad songs though.

Maybe she'll write some new happier stuff since she's getting married and having a baby?!? I love Adele too, but you're right about the sad songs, off the top of my head I can't think of a song of hers that might work for a first dance.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1359848097|3370768 said:
SO and I are also big country fans (just bought our 2013 mega tickets!!!) and we're going country as well. Actaully SO surprised me one day when we were in the car, he turned on Keith Urban's "Thank You" and said something like "I want this to be the song at our wedding, it's basically non-negotiable." He was joking of course (saying it's non-negotiable) but after listening to it we decided it was actually perfect for us. Also not the most traditional song buy very fitting for us.

SHUT UP! I'm soooooo jealous! :love: I wanted mega tickets sooooo bad, but like I said, M isn't a huge country fan.... so to drag him to seven different shows would just be too much.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't thought about a first dance song, but I have picked a Bowie song for the recessional! :tongue:

The music that means the most to us couple-wise is Iron and Wine. Not sure if I'd use it for wedding music, though.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1359794978|3370353 said:

Awe I love this song. SO learned his song on the guitar and played it for me. Maybe I need to add this to my list. :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC, I really love that song. I have always thought the words were perfect for a wedding song. :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Secretly I really want it to be Home by Edward Sharpe and during the interlude when Alex Ebert starts talking, I would LOVE for SO to voice over and do his own schpeal because our names have the same amount of syllables as Jade and Alexander (almost...mine falls one short for Alexander but close enough) and it would be oh so perfect. But as much as SO has been known to surprise me, I don't think he is creative enough to do that lol. :(sad

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1359939530|3371501 said:
I haven't thought about a first dance song, but I have picked a Bowie song for the recessional! :tongue:

The music that means the most to us couple-wise is Iron and Wine. Not sure if I'd use it for wedding music, though.

That's so funny - iron and wine also means a ton to my bf and me. You're right though, I can't decide if I would use it for in a wedding. Regardless, they have some absolutely beautiful music!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
luckyerialc|1359952468|3371630 said:
Chewbacca|1359939530|3371501 said:

That's so funny - iron and wine also means a ton to my bf and me. You're right though, I can't decide if I would use it for in a wedding. Regardless, they have some absolutely beautiful music!!

Fun! :appl: I don't often come across anyone who knows/likes him! Sodom, South Georgia makes me have all the FEELS, I guess its 'our song'. (DO YOU LIKE HIS NEW STUFF? I was disappointed.)

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Fun! :appl: I don't often come across anyone who knows/likes him! Sodom, South Georgia makes me have all the FEELS, I guess its 'our song'. (DO YOU LIKE HIS NEW STUFF? I was disappointed.)[/quote]

I LOVE Sodom, South Georgia! It's so incredibly unique. SO once mentioned perhaps using Upward over the Mountain as the song for his mother/son dance. I'm also not a huge fan of the new stuff - but I guess it was difficult to meet the bar the last few albums were at!

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Well, "our song" is "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes, so probably not that for our first dance.

I love "I Will Not Take My Love Away" by Matt Wertz - it's basically the wedding vows in song form.

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Impudent_Crumpet|1360023602|3372301 said:
Well, "our song" is "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes, so probably not that for our first dance.

I love "I Will Not Take My Love Away" by Matt Wertz - it's basically the wedding vows in song form.

I love that Matt Wertz song!! :D

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I love "You Had Me From Hello"!! I think that song will still be great 100 yrs from now.

We wanted to use something classic as well, so we went "way back" in time and used "You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me" by Gladys Knight. It's the song DH played in the car the night he proposed and I still get emotional everytime I hear it.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i'm generally opposed to doing anything just because thats the way its supposed to be done so we've ended up choosing the theme song to rules of engagement to be our first dance song! I've got a fantastic acoustic guitarist cover song guy so we'll get him to do a unique version on it.

It has sentimental meaning to ours and the lyrics are perfect

this is the original song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqt0vEte1Q

advokait

Rough_Rock
I really love "When You Say Nothing at All" but I think I would want to do "Two of the Lucky Ones" by Droge and Summer Blend. It's really whimsical and serene without being overly gushy-lovey-dovey plus J likes it too :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ours was "Marry Me" by Train. Obviously not the most creative, but DH got all weepy the first time he heard it, so there was really no other choice. :D The front runner before that was "Wonderful Tonight" which became our last dance, and it was frankly the perfect way to end the evening!

If I were getting married this year or any time in the future, my choice would HANDS DOWN be "Overjoyed" by Matchbox Twenty.

Friends of mine used Adele's version of "To Make You Feel My Love"...sooooooo amazing. Although if you're gonna use that one, I feel like you have to use the Garth Brooks version!!! Especially you country fans!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We used Your Love Is Extravagant by Casting Crowns. I can't listen to it without tearing up and there was NO WAY I could listen to it during wedding planning because I would start getting all emotional and ended up having to leave the room lol

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1360345044|3375326 said:
Ours was "Marry Me" by Train. Obviously not the most creative, but DH got all weepy the first time he heard it, so there was really no other choice. :D The front runner before that was "Wonderful Tonight" which became our last dance, and it was frankly the perfect way to end the evening!

If I were getting married this year or any time in the future, my choice would HANDS DOWN be "Overjoyed" by Matchbox Twenty.

Friends of mine used Adele's version of "To Make You Feel My Love"...sooooooo amazing. Although if you're gonna use that one, I feel like you have to use the Garth Brooks version!!! Especially you country fans!

I am jsut saving your entire post. LOL. I love 'Overjoyed' but never thought of that as a wedding song. It would be perfect! I also really love Wonderful Tonight but that does seem like a great 'Last Dance' song.

Love the Garth version of that song too. :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1360350650|3375426 said:
vc10um|1360345044|3375326 said:

I am jsut saving your entire post. LOL. I love 'Overjoyed' but never thought of that as a wedding song. It would be perfect! I also really love Wonderful Tonight but that does seem like a great 'Last Dance' song.

Love the Garth version of that song too. :bigsmile:

Glad I could be helpful! MB20 is my absolute hands-down favorite band of all time (going to their concert next Friday!) and every time I listen to "Overjoyed" I just get all mushy and want to snog my hubby! Here's hoping your stay on the list is short and sweet!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks VC!! Wishing you and your hubby many years of love and happiness. :bigsmile:

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
At the moment, I'd choose Give It All We've Got Tonight by George Strait. Gets me every time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results