shape
carat
color
clarity

First Calf Born!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We started a new adventure a few months ago. We bought a ranch! We are starting slow and got 32 pregnant heifers to begin our herd. This adorable little girl was born a few days ago. This herd is going to grow fast; I hope we know what we're doing lol!

Attachments

• 20210329_172950.jpg
    20210329_172950.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 17

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, she’s lovely @Gussie. Will you be naming them? :mrgreen:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a big adventure!! Congratulations on your first calf, how adorable!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very exciting @Gussie ! So fun to see the baby animals! Enjoy your new venture!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! :dance:

But But But ...

2.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh goodness. What an adventure this will be!!

Please share it all with us!! Your first baby is beyond precious :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a love!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, love baby animals of any kind! Much luck and happiness on your new ranch!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Here’s to the first of many happy, healthy calves.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! This is so exciting @Gussie! The calf is so cute!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks yall for the well wishes. Hopefully we know what we're getting into! My only stipulation on the land purchase was that it not have a house on it so I can build exactly what I want. We won't move there for about 6 years or so. By then my "city kids" will all be in college lol. Until then we have people running the cows for us. But it's definitely an adventure. I haven't seen DH this excited in years!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We started a new adventure a few months ago. We bought a ranch! We are starting slow and got 32 pregnant heifers to begin our herd. This adorable little girl was born a few days ago. This herd is going to grow fast; I hope we know what we're doing lol!

Cute, and wishing you all the best with the rest of the pregnant heifers!

DK :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
32 pregnant heifers OMG! You must have quite the operation and plenty of ranchhands! I grew up with cattle, never a dull moment. Congrats and best wishes for all the rest!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful and an adventure!!.

Ya'll need a Netflix show. Then of course, new jewelry!!

cheers--Sharon

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet and happy future for you. Years ago, I lived in a small house rented in the middle of a 1,000 acre farm field with Angus cows. The house was surrounded by a fence. We parked outside of the fence. There was a young bull that would come visit and I would give throw an apple over the fence. He would eat it and we were both happy.

Was a great plan until the day when I needed to go to work and the bull was between the gate and my car looking for his apple. Hindsight is 20/20.

I wish you the best and happiest life on the farm, Gussie!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina @kenny

I'm not sure we will be able to come up with names for all of them but we will definitely name one Bart Simpson!

lol

I think y'allz are required to name the first female born, Bessy.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
We live on a small holding & life is very busy caring for all the animals.We love this life & I'm sure you will love your cattle farm life style too. The new baby moo-moo is adorable:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww! She is beaumoooootiful and moovilous. LOVE her. :kiss2:
Congrats on your new venture and good luck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what an adventure! The new calf is precious and the others will be as well. You'll have fun designing a new home for you and your family too!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, so sweet! Yes!! Name then after PSers! Ella, Andrey, Yssie, Missy....piece of cake!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, so sweet! Yes!! Name then after PSers! Ella, Andrey, Yssie, Missy....piece of cake!

@yennyfire My PS handle actually has farm origins! :bigsmile:
The very first horse I trained with - my parents bought him later - was older fellow named Yesterday, which we all shortened to Yssie ::) An Appaloosa, about as not-scopey as they come, but he was so patient and gentle with his kids. I was devastated when we had to let him go :(sad But so many happy memories!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire My PS handle actually has farm origins! :bigsmile:
The very first horse I trained with - my parents bought him later - was older fellow named Yesterday, which we all shortened to Yssie ::) An Appaloosa, about as not-scopey as they come, but he was so patient and gentle with his kids. I was devastated when we had to let him go :(sad But so many happy memories!!

Aww, I love that! So you always have Yesterday in your heart! So sweet!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SOOOOO exciting! I would love to live on a farm & potter around amongst my chickens! But I think the farm in my head is very romantic & misses out the hard graft.

Definitely name them after PSers! A baby cow called Alex T!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results