shape
carat
color
clarity

Fire/Carbon Monoxide Alarms designed for children or elderly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
FYI: For those with small children or elderly parents, theres a new fire alarm you can buy that tells your children there is a fire to get out now, or you can record your own message. I purchased these and they work great, they have a flashing light also. For the elderly the light is great if they have lost some of their hearing and I think the loud voice is easy to understand vs the beeping. They are sold at home depot for $29-49.00 depending on the model. They are very easy to install. I put one in the hall by daughters room, in her room, and near her bathroom. The rest in my house are the carbon alerts and some are hard wired that beep.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
All buildings in NYC are now required to install carbon monoxide detectors in every apartment. My building installed the ones you are describing... much better than that horrific beeping. Although, it''s a little disconcerting to hear: ''there''s a fire, get out'' when I''ve burnt something!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
True! I burn stuff too when I get caught up in something and forget im baking! My husband sets one off in the garage a lot by his leaf blower. For a child though, they are use to computer and nintendo games and I don''t think they would respond to beeping as well as the voice and I tested it and I can hear it downstairs. Fire is my biggest fear and when I bought this house it did not have enough detectors only 3!!! It had none of the carbon monoxide ones and everything is gas in the house, my Dad was concerned and he put them all up for me. Actually he was angry about it because he felt with 3 levels and with us being home alone a lot it was not safe. Im glad you got one. :)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I have two of them. Buildings are required to put one up outside of every bedroom. Eventhough we don''t use the second bedroom as a bedroom, we still had to pay the charge of putting one up. They are literally 10 yards from each other! No way we''ll miss that signal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results