shape
carat
color
clarity

Finishing out a year of projects with Julia Kay Taylor

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the last two projects that I had scheduled this year with Julia Kay Taylor. I had reserved a total of six spaces spread out from January to August, and thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them. I found Julia to be very easy to work with on every level. I was happy in the case of these 6 projects to give her a general idea of what I wanted, and then let her have fun with the designs. I gave ideas, feedback and approval, but for me, part of the fun was in watching what she came up with. She's one of the few artists I would feel comfortable doing that with, frankly.

First up, a band set with a 5.8mm Barry Bridgestock lilac spinel, in 18k yellow gold, and accented with diamonds.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Julia and I joked about needing to have an odd number of diamonds to please both of our senses of symmetry, even though there really wasn't room for a 5th one anywhere. This is what she came up with:

IMG_0136.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
A couple more hand shots:

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

I would like, just once, for the photos I upload onto Pricescope to look remotely the same colour as what I see with my eyes. Oh well.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Last but not least--although honestly, kind of overshadowed by the ring--Argentium earrings set with minty tourmalines from Barry Bridgestock, bezeled and accented with 14k rose gold:

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Wow. Those look undersaturated in these photos. They are much prettier IRL!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
And because I love it so, one more of the ring:

IMG_0130.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The earrings are lovely but I really love that ring. So feminine and delicate but substantial at the same time.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I just love the the swirling gold - the 18k really compliments the pink in your gemstone. The placement of the fifth diamond is perfect! :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...

IMG_0144.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife they're gorgeous. I love the organic look of the ring and the surprise stone at the back made me chuckle when you explained why it was there! I think it's a great idea to have lined up 6 projects so you've had something to look forward to. I wish I could be so organised but I flit between wanting this, wanting that and then getting nothing done!

Enjoy wearing the ring and earrings - they are wonderful and I'm sure you're going to get tons of compliments.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The ring is such an eye-catcher, Aoife. Nobody could help ogling the heck out of it. Really lovely design all around. I like the earrings too -- nice stones!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are beautiful. I especially love the contrast between the rose gold and the minty green.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Both pieces are stunning, but my jaw dropped on the earrings. Beautiful! You are one lucky woman :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I'm a big fan of organic designs, and that ring is really pretty. I think the earrings are beautiful, too - I also love the rose gold accent around the stones, and if they look better IRL, well then...You've scored big time! Are there threads on the other four projects? I'll have to go look...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love both the ring and the earrings!! I just had the pleasure of working with Julia and she is awesome. Congrats on your beautiful new pieces.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful ring and I love the dangle earrings. Enjoy!!

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
wow your ring is beautiful! :love: the band looks lovely.
i like the 5th diamond too

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is amazing. Beautiful, delicate color of the spinel and oh, such a lovely design... reminded me of Laura Ashley's designs, when she was in fashion...
The earrings are beautiful. My favorite dangles, and so bright...
Congratulations

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow. what a gorgeous ring and earrings.. enjoy!! :love:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife, I get a beauty kick from looking at your photos. Beautiful photographing and lovely lovely jewelry. I would love to wear those :naughty:

T

talamasca

Both pieces are gorgeous, but the ring :love: :love: :love: I'm in love! It's beautiful and I love how delicate it looks despite being wide

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces! Her waiting time kills me though.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces, I really love the earrings.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
You're giving me such lilac-stone lust with that absolutely stunning ring! I love the teeny accent diamonds, and the work looks top-class. I'd love more worn pics (especially ear) please...? :twirl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The ring is stunning. Probably one of my favorite JKT pieces I have seen!!! The earrings are also stunning. I love that you did the rose gold accents. Lovely! :love:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet, thank you! The ring does have definite presence on the finger, but, like all of Julia's work, is surprisingly comfortable to wear, which is always a concern for me with something that wide.

Coco914, I love the swirlies, too! Thank you for your kind words!

LovingDiamonds, I do more than my fair share of flitting, believe me. I'm actually a little surprised at myself, that I not only reserved so many spots with JKT, but that I didn't waffle (much! ;-) ) during the design phase. I'm just so happy to have so many of my gemstones set, and be so thrilled with the results. Thank you for the compliments, LD, I appreciate them very much.

And the 5th diamond makes me smile, too.....

JewelFreak, Thank you! The ring does get a lot of attention when I wear it, especially from me! I snatched up the stones in the earrings the minute Barry posted them, and my photos don't begin to come close to how beautiful the color is on them.

pregcurious, Thank you! I was surprised at how much I liked the 14k rose gold, especially in this design. I know it's more of a pain to work with, but I love how it turned out.

Portoar, I know, I'm very, very lucky! Thank you!

NKOTB, Thank you for the kind words. I love organic designs, too. And I have a special weakness for swirls and curves! There are threads on the other projects, and I'll come back and link to them on this thread after I've finished responding.

stargurl78, Thank you! I'm so glad you had a good experience with JKT. Your finished JKT piece is gorgeous!

bright ice and Zzz, thank you so much! I appreciate the comments.

The rest in another post......

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
crasru, I appreciate your comments very much. Thank you! The color on the spinel IRL is so delicious, I wish my photos captured it. It's not lavender, it's not pink, it's perfectly balanced in between the two, with no grey showing. And I used to love Laura Ashley. In my favorite portrait of me with our daughters when they were little we were all wearing Laura Ashley.....Wow. That was a looong time ago....

minmin001, I intend to! Thank you!

mariedtiger, I think we have a mutual admiration society going here, because I love your jewelry, too. Thank you, especially for the kind words on my photography...not a compliment I hear often, believe me :lol: .

talamasca, thank you!

Deia,Thanks! I know that her reservation policies don't fit with everyone's needs, but I was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed knowing exactly when my upcoming projects would be started, and having them to look forward to.

lknvrb4, Thank you, I love the earrings, too!

natsplat I know, I love that little lilac spinel, too. I have another one from Barry in the exact same size, and it's very pretty, but this one is just special. I'll see if I can get one of my DD's over to model the earrings--I'm a total failure at photographing my own ears.
Thank you!

Sarahbear621, Thank you! I adore the ring, too, and I think JKT had fun doing it, which is always a nice bonus.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring! And the earrings are so beautiful and elegant! Enjoy them :)

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think the earrings are overshadowed by the ring. The ring is lovely, don't get me wrong, but those earrings IMO are simply stunning!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1317399594|3029754 said:
I love the ring! And the earrings are so beautiful and elegant! Enjoy them :)

Thanks, I certainly intend to! ;-)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1317401427|3029785 said:
I don't think the earrings are overshadowed by the ring. The ring is lovely, don't get me wrong, but those earrings IMO are simply stunning!

Thank you, Lavatea. I'm enjoying wearing both pieces very much (not at the same time!) and the earrings do tend to draw a lot of attention. I only wish I could admire them myself while I'm wearing them--the drawback of earrings, I guess. :lol:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1317479648|3030563 said:
lavatea|1317401427|3029785 said:

Thank you, Lavatea. I'm enjoying wearing both pieces very much (not at the same time!) and the earrings do tend to draw a lot of attention. I only wish I could admire them myself while I'm wearing them--the drawback of earrings, I guess. :lol:

I know what you mean. So far I haven't bought CS earrings or stones to make earrings (well, I have a pair of white topazes that were one of my first purchases that really need to be unloaded) b/c I can't bring myself to make a piece that I can't oogle all day. Lol. But I do love dangly earrings so I probably should move that farther up my to do list.

Oh yeah, I did contact DanielM and MichaelE last year about making me some opal earrings as my daily wear pair had broken. Or I lost one - can't remember. But I didn't have the budget for it at the time and quickly moved on to other projects.

ANYWAY...enjoy all of your beauties. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results