shape
carat
color
clarity

Finished my Save the Dates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I am THRILLED with how they came out. Of course, I thought I had come up with a pretty unique idea until I saw something similar in the newest issue of Modern Bride. Oh well!!!

The sand, starfish, and shells can slide around - they are stuck between the printed cardstock and a piece of transparency.

p.s. If you are curious, yes, cats like eating those tiny starfish. And no, it isn''t much fun cleaning up half digested starfish...

savethedate.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Those are amazing! What a cute idea!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
them!! They are going to be a hit!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROF dying LMAO. Seriously. I LOVE the cat anecdote. I have tears streaming down my face! What a riot.

BTW. I love the STDs they are fabulous!

Shigeko2

Rough_Rock
1.gif
OMG, they are beautiful! That''s a great idea! How long did it take you to make them? I am also getting married in Playa del Carmen July 2009. Congrats!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Is your kitty related to mine? He eats anything he is not meant to *shakes head*

I really love your STD''s very unique :)

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Love them! They are definitely unique, even if you do become a trend-setter!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them! What a great job you did!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the great comments! I haven''t been around so much mostly because work has been so crazy that I haven''t done anything wedding at all. Well, except for using it as an excuse to buy more craft supplies. "But honey, I need these rubber stamps for my save the dates", etc.

I could not be happier with how they turned out, and they were super simple to do. The hardest part was tracking down transparencies because really, who uses those anymore?

Once I got my prototype completed it probably only took me 10 minutes each to assemble. I printed the white cardstock on my printer, adhered it to the green background, used three layers of foam tape to create the "frame", placed the transparency over the foam tape, then putting the blue frame over the top of everything. Lining everything up square and digging through to find starfish that the cat hadn''t damaged are what took the most time.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Those are fantastic! What a great idea!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous!! I really love them.

Shigeko2

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a question for you, are you using a weddig planner? I am going crazy trying to look for one. Do you have any suggestions? I am also getting married at Playa and I really need to get planning!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
awwww, those are so cute! i love them!

i went to playa del carmen a few years ago--so pretty!

as for the cat, that''s hilarious! mine once ate a package of the bungee elastic used to make bracelets and whatnot...when she uh..."coughed it up" a few hours later, it still had the wrapper on it and everything!! i don''t know which was worse--that or the time she ate 6 feet of colored streamer from one of those new year''s eve popper things!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that is really great! everyone will love them.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
hi erica! saw your post over the weekend and didn''t get a chance to tell you then how much i loved your save the dates! so creative! nicely done!!

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Those really look great! Clever idea (I''ll give you full credit)...you did an awesome job! And I hope it''s a beautiful day b/c I''m getting married that day too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results