shape
carat
color
clarity

finding ring size!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LOwrestling2001

Rough_Rock
most people say to ask a close friend or family member of the female, but say that isn''t really an option. what sneaky ways do you all know of to discover ring size if the girl doesn''t really wear rings???

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Can you get a hold of one that already fits and take it to a jewelers to get measured? Keep in mind most people''s right hand and left hand are different ring sizes.

LOwrestling2001

Rough_Rock
no not really, because she never wears one on her left hand, and the one she occasionally wears on her right hand is sort of like a toy for fun and not really fitting (it was just from like a claires or something like that).

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Does she have any rings at all? Maybe a class ring of some kind? I ended up printing out a guide for ring sizes that had little circles all over it of different ring sizes. Then I went up to her room while she was gone and rummaged through her jewelery box until I found her class ring, which I knew she wore on her ring finger, even if it is on the wrong hand. I lined that up to the paper and there you go! I know it probably won''t be a perfect fit, but it''ll be close enough and go on her hand at least. The jeweler I bought it from said they would do a formal sizing for her anyway once I gave it to her.

Other ideas would be to slip the ring onto your own finger and make a mark and then go to a jeweler and have them measure the mark. You could also try sizing your hands to hers and maybe get some info that way, but the best would be to get a hold of another ring she has. Good luck with finding her size!

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
I guy on here had this great idea ....

he bought a ring that he thought would be about right from a local market - like a cheap $10 silver ring....

He come home with it and said - ''hey, look what I fouhnd out on the street'' - of course, the natural inclination of the girl was to put in on her finger (especially as it looked liek a nice (although cheap) ring).......

he noted that the ring appeared to be one size to osmall - took that ring to a jeweller, found that it was a size 5 and ordered a size 4.....

worked for him!!

zomby woof

Rough_Rock
Yup... and I am that guy :)

Haven''t proposed yet, but I am very optimistic about the sizing. We refer to the ring I supposedly found as the "garbage ring." I bet she''ll love it more when she finds out the real story behind it!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I have a RHR that I wear on my ring finger. I take it off to sleep and SO measured it while I was sleeping one day (very sneaky! except he later let it slip out anyway, haha). My RHR fits both of my ring fingers about the same, so it should work pretty well as a gauge.

wse

Rough_Rock
even if its a cheap ring and fits well on her right hand, that should do.. just get a hold of it and bring it to the jeweler.. another idea is to get a hold of the ring and try sliding it onto your pinky and see how it fits.. then make note of how far down it goes..

when you get to the jeweler, ask for the sizing rings and slide it down to the same point

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I would get cheeky,and come home with a cute, adjustible ring...something over-the-top and outrageous. Have her adjust it to her finger, then take it to the jeweler.

Friced

Rough_Rock
What I did was cut out the measuring paper strip from Bluenile and measured her finger when she fell asleep.

Hope your GF isn''t a light sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results